Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Recent UFO pic in the UK

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,528 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Now I dont usually post stuff in favor of UFO pics,...but Im making an exception as it will no doubt arrive here anyway. So, a good pic of daylight UFO's - right?

Posted Image

part of the guys story says:

"The 42-year-old from Basingstoke said: "They were heading south-west at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft.

"They were there for less than five seconds."

But he still managed to snap them?

So now -  a comment under the article points out...and I quote:

"Was making a call? Were there for 5 seconds? Keen interest in ET 's? Probably fake since on average it takes more than 5 seconds to locate and open the camera app then you have to line your phone up to focus and then theres the shutter speed to calculate. I think this is FAKED!"

Now I would tend to agree with that comment... you decide!!

Full story!
http://www.getreadin...ell-ufo-4324607

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,885 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postseeder, on 15 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Now I dont usually post stuff in favor of UFO pics,...but Im making an exception as it will no doubt arrive here anyway. So, a good pic of daylight UFO's - right?

Posted Image

part of the guys story says:

"The 42-year-old from Basingstoke said: "They were heading south-west at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft.

"They were there for less than five seconds."

But he still managed to snap them?

So now -  a comment under the article points out...and I quote:

"Was making a call? Were there for 5 seconds? Keen interest in ET 's? Probably fake since on average it takes more than 5 seconds to locate and open the camera app then you have to line your phone up to focus and then theres the shutter speed to calculate. I think this is FAKED!"

Now I would tend to agree with that comment... you decide!!

Full story!
http://www.getreadin...ell-ufo-4324607

Frankly, I do not think the lights are fake, but definitely the explanation is. The lights to me looks like a reflection or some such, but what do I know :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 15 June 2013 - 10:56 PM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,314 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

I tend to discount single photos these days, especially of lights in the sky, because of the ease of manipulation via computers and simple illusions.
I can get a clear photo of a jumbo jet with my camera phone and it's a fairly old phone. Now, unless I'm wildly off base here, either the UFOs are at the same height as the planes so they're visible to the human eye - and thus decernablely and object in flight, or they're too high to reflect anything even light (which is why we don't see satellites during the day) because of the ambient light from that big ball of burning gases.

#4    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,956 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

just took me 8.5s to get my phne out, start the camera, point & shoot.
I can start the phone app by just pressing the shoot button, no messing around with menus, so 8.5s is pretty quick.....

"Ffeck uurf, you thaad pastic winker"
-Rik Mayall-

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,819 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

I wouldn't put or base too much weight
on the mentioned '5' seconds ...

Posted Image

usually in media reports and police reports exaggeration roams free .. same as fishing with the 'one' that got away ...
the lights in the picture posted doesn't look very far too me ... so most probably its not too large an object ... or objects...

would be nice to have the original file to look at closer ...

~

Edited by third_eye, 15 June 2013 - 11:17 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#6    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,956 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

aah, albert, you crafty ol' ladies man you.....
:-)

-Rik Mayall-

#7    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

To me, it looks like the classic 'recessed ceiling lights reflected in the window' shot. Note that there are two similar but dim pairs of 'objects' in the sky to the lower left of the bright discs. Further reflections?

#8    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 15 June 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

I tend to discount single photos these days,

My thoughts exactly...if a few frames existed of said shapes, lights, craft...moving across the image, then sure its worth examination.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,819 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 15 June 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

To me, it looks like the classic 'recessed ceiling lights reflected in the window' shot. Note that there are two similar but dim pairs of 'objects' in the sky to the lower left of the bright discs. Further reflections?

the sky looks over cast ... don;t know what 8pm looks like over there but reflections won't hit that intensity in ambient conditions ... unless we have search lights shooting straight up ... but then the streams would show ...

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't know what it is since I wasn't there but it doesn't look like a reflection, too overcast for that.  Could be real, who knows with Photoshop.  Lots of sightings over the years, don't think they are all making it up.

#11    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,819 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Posted Image

I don't think they saw us .... or our space ship .... :lol:

~

'

#12    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

The paper/media site in question is known locally for its poor reporting - note reporting not journalism.
If the user was practised in getting to the camera on this phone why didn't he shoot video?  The photo is poor IQ, but certainly looks like light reflections in/on glass.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,802 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Surely someone reading this lives within a short drive?  If so, can you let us know, and I'll make a few suggestions as to how you can be involved in a little analysis..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#14    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,956 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

200mls i'm afraid chrlzs

-Rik Mayall-

#15    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,802 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postshrooma, on 16 June 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

200mls i'm afraid chrlzs
Closer than me...  Anyway, that only took a few minutes, so who knows who might turn up..  Maybe we should post some requests on some localised discussion boards..

For the record, the lights look exactly like reflected interior lights to me, suggesting that it was taken indoors behind glass in a fairly dim room lit by downlights.  You cannot possibly tell whether the intensity of the lights is too bright or too dim - the outside ambient light could only be worked out by looking at the image's exif data (if any), and even then, internal lighting can easily appear as reflections even in bright sunny daylight.  Happy to post examples if that is disputed..

Just another pub wanting attention, I'm guessing..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users