Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

.Life After Death:A Medium conducts a reading

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostBeany, on 16 June 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

Spirits stick around to help us. I sometimes do this kind of work, connecting people to those who have crossed over, and so many times have been privileged to witness a profound love that survives beyond the physical. Someone once said that love has no boundaries of time or space, and I've come to believe that's true. When I work, I just describe what I'm seeing or hearing in my mind, just passing it on, sometimes I'm can hold someone's hand, and pass the information to them directly. While this is happening I see in my mind what the other person is seeing, and can sort of direct or guide them, or ask them questions about what they're seeing. I trust that the information is helpful in someway, and let the rest go. And always, it's up to the person being read to make of it what they will and determine the validity, accuracy, or truth of what's being said or shown.

Sheesh, I feel like I just came out of the closet with this. I guess it resonated with me because I'm getting together in a couple of days with an acquaintance who's asked for my help as a medium, as she's suddenly been over run with spooks. I haven't done it in a while, but it's work I love to do, helping people connect.
Have you ever tried to help someone and literally nothing happened?

View Postmarkdohle, on 16 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Perhaps we don't 'go' in the way that we understand.  Jung called this world a world of boxes after he came back from his NDE.

peace
mark
I thought NDE's could be easily explained as the brain giving off a certain chemical like DMT, so that your mind can better handle the transition? I could be wrong though

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

It's not that they are sticking around. They never really left in the first place. The other world is not some far off place. It's right here and is not seperate from this world. Only our perceptions are tuned differently. That's what mediums do they simply are tuning to a different channel.

In reality you are connected an one with all of creation. Seperation is an illusion of energy density.
Hmmm so there in like a different dimension?

View PostRlyeh, on 16 June 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

How else would a conart.. I mean psychic make their money?
:whistle:

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 16 June 2013 - 05:46 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

I thought NDE's could be easily explained as the brain giving off a certain chemical like DMT, so that your mind can better handle the transition? I could be wrong though

There is no reason for your brain to do that.

Possibly. But we are going to have to define what we mean by dimension. Time is considered to be another dimension other  than the 3 spacial dimensions. A simple parallel universe out of phase from this one like m brain theory suggests would be another physical realm. Spirits are non-physical. Im more inclined to view the spirit world as a network. Something like cyberspace of conciousnes minds or the Nural network of a much larger and more complex concious being. Many traditions consider reality simply a dream being dreamed by the great spirit, I suspect the spirit world is something along these lines but obviously of very complex nature. After all a single mind can be considered to  have 'mental space'. Cyber Space is a network of different nodes to create what seems to be a universe in of itself. The real world would be like a spirit world to a being the evolved in cyber space. after all, who we are, our soul ultimately is a peice of information.

It's more complicated when we consider if revelations of string theory are correct. A curled up special dimension effectively unites everything in existence. We literally are one with the universe in 7 out of the 10 dimensions. Seperation becomes an illusion. The possibilities now become very very interesting.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

There is no reason for your brain to do that.

Possibly. But we are going to have to define what we mean by dimension. Time is considered to be another dimension other  than the 3 spacial dimensions. A simple parallel universe out of phase from this one like m brain theory suggests would be another physical realm. Spirits are non-physical. Im more inclined to view the spirit world as a network. Something like cyberspace of conciousnes minds or the Nural network of a much larger and more complex concious being. Many traditions consider reality simply a dream being dreamed by the great spirit, I suspect the spirit world is something along these lines but obviously of very complex nature. After all a single mind can be considered to  have 'mental space'. Cyber Space is a network of different nodes to create what seems to be a universe in of itself. The real world would be like a spirit world to a being the evolved in cyber space. after all, who we are, our soul ultimately is a peice of information.

It's more complicated when we consider if revelations of string theory are correct. A curled up special dimension effectively unites everything in existence. We literally are one with the universe in 7 out of the 10 dimensions. Seperation becomes an illusion. The possibilities now become very very interesting.
Well I dont know what else you would call it, I mean strictly because of the fact that we cant easily see spirits would mean that IF there still among us they must be in a different dimension than ours. I do believe that they are other dimensions though

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#19    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Well I dont know what else you would call it, I mean strictly because of the fact that we cant easily see spirits would mean that IF there still among us they must be in a different dimension than ours. I do believe that they are other dimensions though
Yes the labeling of such a place is tuff. A non physical dimension perhaps.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#20    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes the labeling of such a place is tuff. A non physical dimension perhaps.
LOL I mean what else would you call it, I spose you could call it a different frequency, and I guess to its up to whoever is talking about it.

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

LOL I mean what else would you call it, I spose you could call it a different frequency, and I guess to its up to whoever is talking about it.
Frequency is tuff. There may be dimensions that stuff that we are made of actually composes that dimension but is there when our subatomic particles flicker there, but this is still a physical dimension. The spirit world to have the attributes that it does must have the ability to retain the information of our conciousness and memories whithout the physical components in this 'dimension'. I suspect the universe even the multiverse is like a giant brain with storage capabilities and compartments. The basic unit being a planck acting like a tiny nuron capable of transferring and storing information and carrying the laws of physics throughout eternity.

Edited by Seeker79, 16 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Frequency is tuff. There may be dimensions that stuff that we are made of actually composes that dimension but is there when our subatomic particles flicker there, but this is still a physical dimension. The spirit world to have the attributes that it does must have the ability to retain the information of our conciousness and memories whithout the physical components in this 'dimension'. I suspect the universe even the multiverse is like a giant brain with storage capabilities and compartments. The basic unit being a planck acting like a tiny nuron capable of transferring and storing information and carrying the laws of physics throughout eternity.
But I mean what would you call it? Imean I saw from your first post that you said they were like frequencies or channels, that's why I said frequencies.

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

But I mean what would you call it? Imean I saw from your first post that you said they were like frequencies or channels, that's why I said frequencies.
I think conciousness is like a radio that can tune in. But all of it is a metaphore. It's like a radio but not using radio signals, it's like a frequency but we are not talking about vibratory waves or material resonance. I think It's just as close to a description as our language will allow. I believe the spirit world is an immaterial ( as we define material) reality, but it's hard to describe such an idea without using analogies. Mabey I'm wrong and dark matter or the Higgs field composes the other places. Or maby subatomic particles as they flicker from this universe form the other place, by somehow I think reality is much much deeper than that. Layers upon layers of what we currently know. I think it's only accessible through the medium of conciousness.

Bruce Lee-

#24    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I think conciousness is like a radio that can tune in. But all of it is a metaphore. It's like a radio but not using radio signals, it's like a frequency but we are not talking about vibratory waves or material resonance. I think It's just as close to a description as our language will allow. I believe the spirit world is an immaterial ( as we define material) reality, but it's hard to describe such an idea without using analogies. Mabey I'm wrong and dark matter or the Higgs field composes the other places. Or maby subatomic particles as they flicker from this universe form the other place, by somehow I think reality is much much deeper than that. Layers upon layers of what we currently know. I think it's only accessible through the medium of conciousness.
What do you think is the situation with ghosts?

#25    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Have you ever tried to help someone and literally nothing happened?

Something has always happened, whether it was of value was up to the person involved, and I always tell people that; don't take my word for it, use their own inner knowing & BS detector. I don't do this very often, I don't charge, don't talk about it; I figure if I'm supposed to help someone our paths will cross and I'll do the work. I see it as being of service. I just happen to have this talent/skill I believe I was born with, and I have an obligation to use it in a positive way. I never chose it, it chose me.

#26    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Seeker, I think you'e right, it is like tuning a radio. I think we all have the capacity to do it, it just comes a little easier for some. My current thinking is that spooks are all around us all the time, but most of us aren't aware enough to perceive them. I use "spook" because I'm not entirely comfortable with "spirit", which for me has a religious connotation, and I think this phenomena has little to do with religion or spirituality, at least in the conventional sense. My real joy is teaching people how to tune in themselves, so they don't have to rely on someone else, and quite possibly get conned in the process.

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 June 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

What do you think is the situation with ghosts?
I have seen the dead before. Souls still psychologically damaged . And still others that are perfectly healthy, and others that decide to attach themselves here. I even had a bit of a battle at a little pub I used to visit. I would talk to certain people about things makeing them aware, and it did not like me around there doing that. It visited me, made it known it was displeased, when i returned in defiance it dropped a model plane on a friend of mine splitting his head open makeing it clear that it would have been me if the circumstances gave it the opertunity. I gave that seat to him not minutes before the plane struck him. I only went back once since and It was made very clear that I wasn't welcome.

I am forced to conclude with events experienced that some spirits have a strong attachment to this reality. I don't believe in most stories or orbs, but some ocurances fit the MO of attached spirits. I stear very clear because they usually don't like me. Despite the stories most attached spirits don't want others to know about them, they live through the living because they will not give it up. If you show up and recognize them or start makeing others aware they turn on you. Keep in mind I don't believe in spiritual evil, but I'm not entirely sure these things are human. Me and that thing have an agreement, it leaves me alone and I stay away. Sounds crazy dosnt it. I think most ghost stories are 98.9 % misunderstandings, but there are those that I cannot deni.

Bruce Lee-

#28    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

wow that's impressive! I always want to see a medium to read mine :yes:

#29    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

does anyone know how to reveal message from random numbers? what system should I use to decode it?

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,573 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 June 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

It's more complicated when we consider if revelations of string theory are correct. A curled up special dimension effectively unites everything in existence. We literally are one with the universe in 7 out of the 10 dimensions.
Only 3 dimensions are said to contain "matter", what are these other 4 dimensions?

Seperation becomes an illusion. The possibilities now become very very interesting.
In what sense is separation an illusion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users