Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Flu vaccines will now be GMO

gmo vaccines gmo vaccine insect vaccines

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16    IBelieveWhatIWant

IBelieveWhatIWant

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 June 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Flying in the face of medical science as you guys seem to do is far more foolish than believing in all the stuff pushed here, (mostly harmless superstition) and when it comes to communicable disease, not only puts you in danger but all those around you and even society at large.  It is reprehensible.

It seems like we get 2 or 3 new flu "pandemics" each year
As of late we have had a few "major" flu pandemics e.g Swine Flu, Bird Flu (that I can recall). I personally didn't get shots for any of these at all I am still here alive and well have been for the past 21 years.
Im not trying to pressure you into getting or not getting your shots (like you seem to be). It's your life, you live it the way you want but I will say this. When I was getting my regular shots I was sick around 4-5 times per year. After stopping my shots I rarely ever get sick (maybe once every 2-3 years, even then it doesn't last long at all).

Personally I feel these shots could (going into conspiracy here so stop reading if you want) anything from tracking capabilities (with nanotech and all), brain altering capabilities (seems scifi but extremely plausible). Sure there MIGHT be something in them to sort of, maybe help you stop getting sick but again these shots could be the cause of you getting sick the next year. TBH I haven't heard of a single case where a person gets their shots and DOESN'T become sick. While everyone I know (including my uncle) doesn't get shots and they rarely get sick like me. Just what I've seen from my years not getting them. I've actually said to my mum on numerous occasions that I find it funny that I never get my shots and she gets sick more than I do.

I don't feel I am endangering anyone at all, to me that is just mainstream media BS, spread to scare you into getting your shots. Fear tactics are the best way to motivate people.

#17    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

I can't say I"m too surprised by this. We just keep barreling on with the GMO stuff sadly enough. But also keep in mind there would also be a lot of dead diabetics without GMO because that's how Humulin is produced.
I don't have anything against the technology itself, just the way it's often handled. I think in general we tend to be short sighted and not test thoroughly enough before we use these things. And we are getting into a bad habit of spreading it through our food and medical resources, which I don't believe is a good thing by any stretch. We also seem to have a bad habit of pushing medical things through without adequate testing in general.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

This just provides another reason for me to be grateful that my allergy to eggs has so far stopped me from wanting to get the flu shots given they are usually grown in an egg based culture.

I have no issue with vaccinations in general, just flu shots btw.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostIBelieveWhatIWant, on 16 June 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

It seems like we get 2 or 3 new flu "pandemics" each year
As of late we have had a few "major" flu pandemics e.g Swine Flu, Bird Flu (that I can recall). I personally didn't get shots for any of these at all I am still here alive and well have been for the past 21 years.
Im not trying to pressure you into getting or not getting your shots (like you seem to be). It's your life, you live it the way you want but I will say this. When I was getting my regular shots I was sick around 4-5 times per year. After stopping my shots I rarely ever get sick (maybe once every 2-3 years, even then it doesn't last long at all).

Personally I feel these shots could (going into conspiracy here so stop reading if you want) anything from tracking capabilities (with nanotech and all), brain altering capabilities (seems scifi but extremely plausible). Sure there MIGHT be something in them to sort of, maybe help you stop getting sick but again these shots could be the cause of you getting sick the next year. TBH I haven't heard of a single case where a person gets their shots and DOESN'T become sick. While everyone I know (including my uncle) doesn't get shots and they rarely get sick like me. Just what I've seen from my years not getting them. I've actually said to my mum on numerous occasions that I find it funny that I never get my shots and she gets sick more than I do.

I don't feel I am endangering anyone at all, to me that is just mainstream media BS, spread to scare you into getting your shots. Fear tactics are the best way to motivate people.

Dont mind "frank" . He's trolling me for whatever reason .
He doessnt seem to comprehend ,anyone who choses to get the poison....err vaccine,is safe from anyone who doesnt get it.
So put all yer faith in a lying corporation . More power to ya frank ...
:D

Miss me?

#20    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 June 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

So put all yer faith in a lying corporation . More power to ya frank ...
:D

I have little faith in the profiteering of most business, let alone the pharmaceutical industry. But presumption based on preconceived ideas is foolish. Do you have any evidence to show that this company has been dishonest in the information it has released? I've produced evidence of your dishonesty. They may have lied. You certainly have.

Edited by Arbenol68, 17 June 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 17 June 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

I have little faith in the profiteering of most business, let alone the pharmaceutical industry. But presumption based on preconceived ideas is foolish. Do you have any evidence to show that this company has been dishonest in the information it has released? I've produced evidence of your dishonesty. They may have lied. You certainly have.

im dishonest because i choose not to believe garbage put out there by pharmacutical companies only interested in making money
oh YYEESS ,pharmacutical companies dont lie ,and practice complete transparency !
*giggling*
oh,yeah,they dont cover up deaths during test trials,and line their pockets anyway .

All pharmacutical companies are poor little misunderstood babies ,who pay millions to washington to make sure the fda always rules in their favor .

why ,two people died in this test trail,but its still a life saver worthy of marketing here.

Look ,this company has lovely people working for it,who have all worked for such upstanding entities previously

http://www.proteinsc...s.com/About.htm

Merck ,Pfizer ,and now its all about saving lives !
As this is what they discuss here *laughing now*

http://www.proteinsciences.com/VAC.htm

And they never ever make sure MDs get kickbacks to push their poisons,nook,there aren't any instances of ttthhhaatt

http://www.mulliganlaw.com/blog/?p=321

POOR POOR PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES ,BEING MALIGNED FOR KILLING THOUSANDS ...pooorrrrr babaies !

*rolling now*

And may i add ,OBAMA !

*fits*

Wait for it ....

*sheds bittersweet tear for misunderstood big pharm*

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 17 June 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Miss me?

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

By the by ,I looked at the package insert for it.

This is the insect used in its production
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_worm

http://en.wikipedia....pha_californica

As far as vaccines go ,it has no thimerisol ,and no eggs ,but it still has side affects ,and parts of the test trial have been covered up ,as usual .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 17 June 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Miss me?

#23    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 June 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

im dishonest because i choose not to believe garbage put out there by pharmacutical companies only interested in making money
oh YYEESS ,pharmacutical companies dont lie ,and practice complete transparency !

I didn't say that. You did. Read back through the posts. I was very clear where your dishonesty lies. Leave your strawmen out of this.

All pharmacutical companies are poor little misunderstood babies ,who pay millions to washington to make sure the fda always rules in their favor .

why ,two people died in this test trail,but its still a life saver worthy of marketing here.

Look ,this company has lovely people working for it,who have all worked for such upstanding entities previously

http://www.proteinsc...s.com/About.htm

Merck ,Pfizer ,and now its all about saving lives !
As this is what they discuss here *laughing now*

http://www.proteinsciences.com/VAC.htm

And they never ever make sure MDs get kickbacks to push their poisons,nook,there aren't any instances of ttthhhaatt

http://www.mulliganlaw.com/blog/?p=321

POOR POOR PHARMACUTICAL COMPANIES ,BEING MALIGNED FOR KILLING THOUSANDS ...pooorrrrr babaies !

*rolling now*

*fits*

Wait for it ....

*sheds bittersweet tear for misunderstood big pharm*

You didn't read what I wrote did you? Just like you didn't read the articles you posted yourself.

By the by ,I looked at the package insert for it.

This is the insect used in its production
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_worm

Well done. But you didn't need to go to all the trouble of looking this up. You could have just read the articles you posted. Think of all the time it would have saved you.

parts of the test trial have been covered up ,as usual .

Evidence?

There's that lie again. I already explained to you why this claim is dishonest. Oh, that's right. You don't read other posts, do you?

And may i add ,OBAMA !

This comment belongs here: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=249088

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

Thanks Arbenol for holding the fort here against irrationality and fear-mongering.  You are better informed about this than I -- I just understand that it is so dangerous and irresponsible to have people out there without foundation stirring up fears of vaccination.

#25    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,247 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

GMO Myths and Truths

Click here to download “GMO Myths and Truths” – An evidence-based examination of the claims made for the safety and efficacy of genetically modified crops. This 2012 document is prepared by the preeminent researchers and scientists: Michael Antoniou, Claire Robinson, and John Fagan.

GMO Facts
Frequently Asked Questions links

What You Need to Know About Genetically Engineered Food
Greg Jaffe
Feb 7 2013, 8:36 AM ET

The facts about health, corruption, and saving the world
American farmers started growing genetically engineered (GE) crops (which are also commonly referred to as "GMOs") in 1996, and now plant 165 million acres annually. Food manufacturers estimate that 70 percent of processed foods contain at least one ingredient made from GE crops. But along with such rapid adoption of a scary-sounding technology have come myths propagated by proponents and opponents. Here are some facts that sometimes get lost in the hype--and that will come as a surprise to people on both sides of the constant arguments.

balanced pro and cons // link

Two serious concerns have been raised concerning the biosafety of conventional or recombinant vaccines for human and animal uses. The first one is the fact that vaccine strains may persist in the vaccinated recipients and, if the target species is a food-producing animal, later on in the food chain. The second one is that administration of a vaccine may trigger long-term adverse effects in normal or immunodeficient recipients. Project BIO4-CT98-0031 showed that those effects could be discarded by using a recombinant alphavirus, namely Semliki Forest Virus (SFV), in mice, chicken and sheep. The vaccine virus does not persist more than seven days after vaccination.

link

“Genetically modified” vaccines and GMOs: Sapping and impurifying all our precious bodily fluids?

The Natural Products Association has come out against California’s Proposition 37 GMO labeling proposal, in part because it would prohibit members from marketing thousands of foods as “natural”—even if they do not contain any genetically engineered ingredients.
Under the proposal, which will become law in July 2014 if Californians vote “yes” this November, a food cannot be labeled as “natural”—regardless of whether it contains GMOs—if it is a “processed food,” the definition of which includes “any food produced from a raw agricultural commodity that has been subject to processing, such as canning, smoking, pressing, cooking, freezing, dehydration, fermentation, or milling.
This would mean scores of products from salted almonds to apple sause that have not been genetically engineered would no longer be allowed to call themselves “natural,” NPA chief executive John Shaw told NutraIngredients-USA, adding that theroad to hell is paved with good intentions.”

FDA approves first GMO flu vaccine containing reprogrammed insect virus

Friday, February 08, 2013 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer
Tags: flu vaccine, insect virus, GMOs

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2WRiO3qLV

According to Flublok's package insert, the vaccine is trivalent, which means it contains GM proteins from three different flu strains. The vaccine's manufacturer, Protein Sciences Corporation (PSC), explains that Flublok is produced by extracting cells from the fall armyworm, a type of caterpillar, and genetically altering them to produce large amounts of hemagglutinin, a flu virus protein that enables the flu virus itself to enter the body quickly.

......  FDA also approves flu vaccine containing dog kidney cells
Back in November, the FDA also approved a new flu vaccine known as Flucelvax that is actually made using dog kidney cells. A product of pharmaceutical giant Novartis, Flucelvax also does away with the egg cultures, and can similarly be produced much more rapidly than traditional flu vaccines, which means vaccine companies can have it ready and waiting should the federal government declare a pandemic.

http://www.biosafety...ftp/domingo.pdf

JOSE L. DOMINGO

Laboratory of Toxicology and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, “Rovira I Virgili” University, San Lorenzo 21,

43201 Reus, Spain

According to the information reported by the WHO, the genetically modified (GM) products that are currently on the

international market have all passed risk assessments conducted by national authorities. These assessments have not indicated

any risk to human health. In spite of this clear statement, it is quite amazing to note that the review articles published in

international scientific journals during the current decade did not find, or the number was particularly small, references

concerning human and animal toxicological/health risks studies on GM foods. In this paper, the scientific information

concerning the potential toxicity of GM/transgenic plants using the Medline database is reviewed. Studies about the safety of

the potential use of potatoes, corn, soybeans, rice, cucumber, tomatoes, sweet pepper, peas, and canola plants for food and

feed were included. The number of references was surprisingly limited. Moreover, most published studies were not performed

by the biotechnology companies that produce these products. This review can be concluded raising the following question:

where is the scientific evidence showing that GM plants/food are toxicologically safe?

We’re trying to figure out which genes from the swine influenza virus to incorporate into corn”, stated Hank Harris, a researcher on the project. “If a swine flu virus breaks out, the corn could be shipped to the location to try to vaccinate animals and humans in the area quickly. …there is no need for extensive vaccine purification, which can be an expensive process.”

link

I wonder why ... I wonder when ... I wonder how ....

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#26    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 16 June 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

I'm too old for it. Why such a high cut-off lower age and  low cut-off upper age (18-49) no kids or elderly who I thought need these the most?

To test new flu vaccines they typically wont immediately start testing on the more weakers ones of society.
Unless you're vaccinating ppl to extend their lives, it's not common to use the very young or very old.

I would suspect further testing on larger age groups will commence later on, when post market effectiveness is assessed. Or before.

#27    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Ohhhhhh GOOD.
Despite deaths during clinical trials,and the outcry against gmos ,the FDA has just approved a gmo flu vaccination ,that also contain insect virus DNA .
As per the usual suspects ,its "highly effective" .

Simbi, you're doing it again....selectively taking out a couple of words that you know will add to your sensationalism.
If you trully believe you're on to something here, why do you feel the need to lie?
It only proves to me you have no clue what you're talking about and are only interested in creating panic so the more gullible ppl here can elevate you to the position of messiah of truth.
If you truly are, o so very, concerned with everybodies health. Then why can't you even bring up the effort to actually look up all the information about this vaccine? Again proof you don't care about the actual information, you simply want attention. The wrong kind of attention.

Across trials, through 6 months

post vaccination, two deaths were reported, one in a Flublok recipient and

one in a placebo recipient. Both deaths occurred more than 28 days following

vaccination

and neither was

considered vaccine

-

related. SAEs were reported by

Flublok recipients a

nd

placebo recipients. One

SAE in a Flublok recipient was assessed as possibly related to the vaccine: pleuropericarditis with

effusions requiring hospitalization and drainage. No specific cause was identified. The patient recovered.

In Study 1, th

e most frequent unsolicited adverse events, occurring in 1%

-

2% of subjects, were

nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory infection, headache, cough, nasal congestion, pharyngolaryngeal pain,

and rhinorrhea.

http://www.fda.gov/d...s/UCM336020.pdf

In case of a pandemic ,they can make it fast ! Is the selling point apparently

Yup, because new techniques of cultivating vaccines are way overdue. Eggs are not practical, not by the slightest. Any fool knows this.

The vaccine is free of ingredients that some people don’t want in a shot, she says.
The vaccine has, for example, a built-in potential market among people who are allergic to eggs. The company has built a database of such people looking for alternatives to other vaccines. Cox says the vaccine could also be attractive to vegans and health conscious people who have expressed concerns about preservatives and other elements sometimes found in more traditional flu vaccines. Also, some young people incorrectly believe that they can become infected through traditional flu shots, she says, and so Protein Sciences has been emphasizing that Flublok’s manufacturing process doesn’t include the use of live flu virus.
http://www.xconomy.c...-alternative/2/

Maybe reread the above until you understand.
But im probably making another hopeless attempt to put you in your place. Because you just love love love all the attention.

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

OBAMA

:w00t:

Awwwww....no one liked my soapy bath comment .........I think you did ....but won't admit it

*pouts*

Miss me?

#29    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 17 June 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

I didn't say that. You did. Read back through the posts. I was very clear where your dishonesty lies. Leave your strawmen out of this.

You didn't read what I wrote did you? Just like you didn't read the articles you posted yourself.

Well done. But you didn't need to go to all the trouble of looking this up. You could have just read the articles you posted. Think of all the time it would have saved you.

Evidence?

There's that lie again. I already explained to you why this claim is dishonest. Oh, that's right. You don't read other posts, do you?

Since you cannot find anything but propagana on your own .
Here's my lie ,in black and white. Just because its not in that article,doesnt mean im not aware of the facts .
People on this forum,always find out the hard way ,theres always proof of what I say ,or I wouldnt say it.
And if you cry for evidence,its the same place the FDA sweeps all the other fatalities incurred during test trial of meds the approve.  

http://www.examiner....gmo-flu-vaccine

And if the reason I posted links to the companies website went over your head ,tsk tsk .
Sad .

Flublok, a new vaccine for influenza, is now available and is the first vaccine ever to contain genetically-modified (GM) proteins derived from insect cells. Flublok is trivalent, which means it contains GM proteins from three different influenza strains. According to clinical data provided in the vaccine's package insert by its manufacturer, the Protein Sciences Corporation (PSC), two study participants actually died during trials of the vaccine.

Yes yes ! It's about saving lives,but this is in their mission statement

An independent market study (Datamonitor, 2007) found that the worldwide influenza vaccine market is growing rapidly and is predicted to more than double in size to more than $4.4 billion by 2016. We have established a broad patent estate on influenza vaccines produced using recombinant technology in our

And,they're working on a vaccine for SARS .
Has anyone even contracted it in the last three years ?
Just all these "SARs like " illnesses all over the news. How telling

:)

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Miss me?

#30    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Since you cannot find anything but propagana on your own .
Here's my lie ,in black and white. Just because its not in that article,doesnt mean im not aware of the facts .

http://www.examiner....gmo-flu-vaccine

Again. Posting misinformation as if it furthers your argument. What part of this do you have trouble understanding? Two people died during the six month period of the trial. Out of 5000 people, why is this so unexpected. Posting the same propaganda adds nothing. Do you have any information on the causes of death? If you do, share. And I think you missed the bit where you were informed (twice) that one of those that died received the placebo.

What's the point of quoting my post when you didn't address anything I said.

Now you've already demonstrated that you have nothing intelligent to contribute, so you might as well go back to hurling insults - you need the practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users