Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Giant Snake:

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was wondering if this photo was true, if came up on net.
Attached File  snakefushun.jpg   107.87K   137 downloads

Here is a little description of where it was located, under what circumstances.

Workers at Fushun, Liaoning, China, allegedly found a 17 meter snake while working with a shovel car this past August 4, 2009. They noticed blood in the sand, apparently the shovel had hit the creature, which died shortly afterwards. Some accounts tell it weighed 300kg, others a measly 103 kg, which is probably closer to reality.

http://forgetomori.c...er-giant-snake/

If its true why didn't it comeup in Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, it should have been a news world would have heard about.
A specimen should have been kept , for validity.

Edited by Still Waters, 16 June 2013 - 06:41 PM.
Shortened amount of copied text and added source link

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,777 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

soulcaliber, on 16 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

I was wondering if this photo was true, if came up on net.
snakefushun.jpg

Here is a little description of where it was located, under what circumstances.

Workers at Fushun, Liaoning, China, allegedly found a 17 meter snake while working with a shovel car this past August 4, 2009. They noticed blood in the sand, apparently the shovel had hit the creature, which died shortly afterwards. Some accounts tell it weighed 300kg, others a measly 103 kg, which is probably closer to reality.

http://forgetomori.c...er-giant-snake/

If its true why didn't it comeup in Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, it should have been a news world would have heard about.
A specimen should have been kept , for validity.
It does not to be in the news to be true. I bet rare giant snakes dont even get reported much

Edited by Still Waters, 16 June 2013 - 06:45 PM.
Edited quoted post

#3    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Man their is a photo for proof, and i can't think its fake from any angle, what i am surprised is, why didn't Discovery channel cover it.
Their should have been talks about it in net, with more pictures.

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,777 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

soulcaliber, on 16 June 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Man their is a photo for proof, and i can't think its fake from any angle, what i am surprised is, why didn't Discovery channel cover it.
Their should have been talks about it in net, with more pictures.
I have seen a giant snake skin that was length of a house, again it does not to be on TV or the internet to be true.
I agree that you need photo evidence but it does not need to be online.

#5    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

I could totally see this being real I was watching River Monsters once and Jeremy was in a place that really wasnt touched much by man, and he saw a huge anaconda just laying in the sun.  Also I saw that thing about the huge crocodile that was caught in the philipines I dont know for sure

Posted Image

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#6    baking

baking

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

unfortunately the picture is fake. its been covered before and in that thread there was a picture with a larger resolution and you can see the snake was really poorly photoshopped

#7    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I remember hearing about a fifty-foot snake at a zoo in the Pacific on Animal Planet's Weird, True and Freaky. When I looked it up, though, there were no records or anything of it.

Posted Image

#8    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

It's probably true forced perspective.

#9    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,822 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

It looks like the photos I've seen of the giant wild hog. Like that, it's probably forced perspective.  A small snake close to the camera being made to look like a giant snake closer to the people in the photo.

edit: I see evancj has suggested the same thing,  I should read threads like this before commenting.

Edited by JesseCuster, 17 June 2013 - 12:23 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,069 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

I agree with Evancj, it looks like forced perspective, combined with a little photo trickery to make it appear to be over the truck end.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm leaning towards fake, but I think it's possible huge individuals of a species could exist. Just like how humans can have diseases that make them grow huge, I'm pretty sure snakes can fall under those conditions as well. Just look at Robert Wadlow, who was 8 feet and 11 inches tall.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#12    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

The picture could possibly be real, the measurements are not. The longest snake in the world is the reticulated python. 33ft I think is the record. So this snake would be 20ft longer than the current world record. I believe larger snakes exist, just not in this picture. The photo of the croc was well documented in several tv specials and was a truly large specimen.

Mike

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

msmike1, on 17 June 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

The picture could possibly be real, the measurements are not. The longest snake in the world is the reticulated python. 33ft I think is the record. So this snake would be 20ft longer than the current world record. I believe larger snakes exist, just not in this picture. The photo of the croc was well documented in several tv specials and was a truly large specimen.

Mike
Yeah that croc was seriously a monster

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#14    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

The only think worse than a snake that size is a spider that size.

A skeptical believer.

#15    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

It's gotta be rubbish. that's probably a reticulated python or maybe a Burmese python (I would guess retic)  Fushun is way WAY to far north to find either of these species.

Probably just a photo some1 found of a big snake and decided to write a story about.

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users