Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Snake:

soulcaliber

I was wondering if this photo was true, if came up on net.

post-140203-0-38398900-1371401885_thumb.

Here is a little description of where it was located, under what circumstances.

Workers at Fushun, Liaoning, China, allegedly found a 17 meter snake while working with a shovel car this past August 4, 2009. They noticed blood in the sand, apparently the shovel had hit the creature, which died shortly afterwards. Some accounts tell it weighed 300kg, others a measly 103 kg, which is probably closer to reality.

http://forgetomori.c...er-giant-snake/

If its true why didn't it comeup in Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, it should have been a news world would have heard about.

A specimen should have been kept , for validity.

Edited by Still Waters
Shortened amount of copied text and added source link
  • Like 2

I was wondering if this photo was true, if came up on net.

post-140203-0-38398900-1371401885_thumb.

Here is a little description of where it was located, under what circumstances.

Workers at Fushun, Liaoning, China, allegedly found a 17 meter snake while working with a shovel car this past August 4, 2009. They noticed blood in the sand, apparently the shovel had hit the creature, which died shortly afterwards. Some accounts tell it weighed 300kg, others a measly 103 kg, which is probably closer to reality.

http://forgetomori.c...er-giant-snake/

If its true why didn't it comeup in Discovery Channel or Animal Planet, it should have been a news world would have heard about.

A specimen should have been kept , for validity.

It does not to be in the news to be true. I bet rare giant snakes dont even get reported much

Edited by Still Waters
Edited quoted post
  • Like 1

Man their is a photo for proof, and i can't think its fake from any angle, what i am surprised is, why didn't Discovery channel cover it.

Their should have been talks about it in net, with more pictures.

• Like 1

Man their is a photo for proof, and i can't think its fake from any angle, what i am surprised is, why didn't Discovery channel cover it.

Their should have been talks about it in net, with more pictures.

I have seen a giant snake skin that was length of a house, again it does not to be on TV or the internet to be true.

I agree that you need photo evidence but it does not need to be online.

I could totally see this being real I was watching River Monsters once and Jeremy was in a place that really wasnt touched much by man, and he saw a huge anaconda just laying in the sun. Also I saw that thing about the huge crocodile that was caught in the philipines I dont know for sure

crocmain_1371160a.jpg

• Like 1

unfortunately the picture is fake. its been covered before and in that thread there was a picture with a larger resolution and you can see the snake was really poorly photoshopped

It looks like the photos I've seen of the giant wild hog. Like that, it's probably forced perspective. A small snake close to the camera being made to look like a giant snake closer to the people in the photo.

edit: I see evancj has suggested the same thing, I should read threads like this before commenting.

Edited by JesseCuster

I agree with Evancj, it looks like forced perspective, combined with a little photo trickery to make it appear to be over the truck end.

I'm leaning towards fake, but I think it's possible huge individuals of a species could exist. Just like how humans can have diseases that make them grow huge, I'm pretty sure snakes can fall under those conditions as well. Just look at Robert Wadlow, who was 8 feet and 11 inches tall.

The picture could possibly be real, the measurements are not. The longest snake in the world is the reticulated python. 33ft I think is the record. So this snake would be 20ft longer than the current world record. I believe larger snakes exist, just not in this picture. The photo of the croc was well documented in several tv specials and was a truly large specimen.

Mike

The picture could possibly be real, the measurements are not. The longest snake in the world is the reticulated python. 33ft I think is the record. So this snake would be 20ft longer than the current world record. I believe larger snakes exist, just not in this picture. The photo of the croc was well documented in several tv specials and was a truly large specimen.

Mike

Yeah that croc was seriously a monster

It's gotta be rubbish. that's probably a reticulated python or maybe a Burmese python (I would guess retic) Fushun is way WAY to far north to find either of these species.

Probably just a photo some1 found of a big snake and decided to write a story about.

• Like 1

Taken at face value, the bucket of the excavator would have to be about four metres tall. I don't think so.

Forced perspective is a fun game.

It's gotta be rubbish. that's probably a reticulated python or maybe a Burmese python (I would guess retic) Fushun is way WAY to far north to find either of these species.

Probably just a photo some1 found of a big snake and decided to write a story about.

Taken at face value, the bucket of the excavator would have to be about four metres tall. I don't think so.

Forced perspective is a fun game.

That photo is Malaysia ... I know of it ... and I tire of commenting on it ... almost always branded a liar ... so we tend not to bother

Its part forced perspective ... its not as big as it seems and not small either ...

the problem is conversion ... here in Malaysia we go kg ... converted to lbs ... about 100 kg is 220 lbs

by the time the 'official' weighing and measuring came around the carcass has bloated and shrunk in length ... snakes are notorious for being difficult to measure

Brady Barr got one world record in Indonesia :

Brady_big_snake.jpg

National Geographic Television's reptile expert, Dr. Brady Barr and his field team, capture a very large reticulated python in Indonesia".

Photo ©Brady Barr National Geographic Television

link

there are recorded and verified cases such as this one ...

A MAN searching for his brother on a rubber plantation near Segamat in southern-central Malaysia found him being swallowed by a large python.

The snake was coiled around the dead body of Ee Heng Chuan, 29, a rubber tapper, with the victim's head gripped in its jaws.

It is believed to be the first substantiated case of a python attacking an adult human for ingestion in modern Malaysian history, although rural folklore is replete with tales of people disappearing down the throats of snakes.

This is about sixty miles from where I am ... and no hoax or tall tale and still whenever it is brought up ... we are called liars.

Sergeant Samah said the snake, which measured seven metres in length and weighed 140 kilograms, had squeezed Ee until he died.

University Malaya Zoological Department naturalist Dr Khew Bong Heang, said the python was one of the biggest ever found in Malaysia and was surprised it had been trying to swallow an adult human.

the officials tend not to want to publicize such tales ... Malaysia being heavily reliant on tourist dollars ...

link

The picture below was taken in Malaysia and printed in a local magazine there. The reticulated python could not completely eat the person. An adult human's shoulders present a real obstacle to the biggest snake. Whether the person already was dead or was killed by the snake remains unknown.

one more of the photo of that 'Segamat' incident ... link

the same 'photo' here on UM but it was called hoax and debunked ... link

but here in Malaysia we know this one very well ... and we know of more ... :tu:

the same incident on wiki

On September 4, 1995, Ee Heng Chuan, a 29-year-old rubber tapper from the southern Malaysian state of Johor, was killed by a large reticulated python. The victim had apparently been caught unaware and was squeezed to death. The snake had coiled around the lifeless body with the victim's head gripped in its jaws when it was stumbled upon by the victim's brother. The python, measuring 23 ft (7.0 m) long and weighing more than 300 lb, was killed soon after by the arriving police, who required four shots to bring it down.[9]

wiki link

Giant python killed after trying to swallow man

By Ian Stewart in Kuala Lumpur

A MAN searching for his brother on a rubber plantation in Malaysia found him being swallowed by a large python.

The snake was coiled around the lifeless body of Ee Heng Chuan, 29, a rubber tapper, with the victim's head gripped in its jaws.

link

seems these days its no longer regarded as a 'hoax' :lol:

another one on that incident in Segamat and more of what pythons do link

from NatGeo on another Malaysian python escapade :

September 15, 2006—A fresh lamb dinner might sound like a manageable meal for an 18-foot-long (5.5-meter-long) python. But maybe the hungry snake should have waited for the lamb to be born. Last week firefighters in the Malaysian village of Kampung Jabor were called in to remove the bloated snake (pictured) from a roadway. The reptile had swallowed an entire pregnant sheep and was too full to slither away and digest its supersize meal.

link

back to the OP photo ... its somewhere North of Malaysia ... but the guys pictured are Indonesians ... foreign workers ... that's where the main confusion stems from

~

• Like 1

here is the original thread with a larger picture

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159818&hl=%2Bsnake

look at the spade bit of the digger, and look at the 'tooth' of it, furthest to its right side. Then look at the bit of snake right below that and it looks like you can see some of the background vegetation through the snake, like really bad editing (i know i didn't explain that too well, but hopefully its clear enough!) Or alternatively save the pic and zoom in on photoshop or something

That photo is Malaysia ... I know of it ... and I tire of commenting on it ... almost always branded a liar ... so we tend not to bother

Its part forced perspective ... its not as big as it seems and not small either ...

the problem is conversion ... here in Malaysia we go kg ... converted to lbs ... about 100 kg is 220 lbs

by the time the 'official' weighing and measuring came around the carcass has bloated and shrunk in length ... snakes are notorious for being difficult to measure

Brady Barr got one world record in Indonesia :

Brady_big_snake.jpg

National Geographic Television's reptile expert, Dr. Brady Barr and his field team, capture a very large reticulated python in Indonesia".

Photo ©Brady Barr National Geographic Television

link

nice to know if was right with my guess of a reticulated python

• Like 1