Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

my view on hunting.

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,991 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

View Postdanielost, on 17 June 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

More  fish die'on catch and release, than survive.  You see your dry human hands wipe off some their slime.  Wipe to much off the fish die.  At least that is what I have heard.

I've heard this too...  I heard most fish survive handling ok,   but  Trout  are especially vulnerable as they don't have a scaly skin ....  they have a slimy protective coating and Yes,  human handling can lead to their death after being released.   Salmon might be more vulnerable than most too?      ....  as kids,  we used to catch and release seagulls !   try that sometime! lol

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#92    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,101 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postlightly, on 21 June 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I've heard this too...  I heard most fish survive handling ok,   but  Trout  are especially vulnerable as they don't have a scaly skin ....  they have a slimy protective coating and Yes,  human handling can lead to their death after being released.   Salmon might be more vulnerable than most too?   ....  as kids,  we used to catch and release seagulls !   try that sometime! lol

sorry but trout do have scales! As do salmon! And the 2 fish you mention are probably the 2 that are least likely to be put back, owing to their good eating. While eels are probably the most likely fish to get hurt/killed due to the depth they swallow hooks,

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#93    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,243 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

this guy probably had some idea on how to get it right ...

Posted Image

hehehehhe looks like he feels better already ....

`

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users