Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Noises in the sky at night


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,918 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostSalliss, on 17 June 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hehe thanks for wishing me luck, but I will address this:
1. I'd have noticed (small village, buildings going missing would be a little obvious)
2. Very possible, so I'll give you that one
3. A small plane being moved, I can't get behind that one, since it wouldn't take over an hour to do so.

I just wish I wasn't so creeped out by what happened. I was literally relieved every time it stopped and terrified every time it started. I've had several paranormal experiences, which I can actually say are paranormal, but this is entirely different, entirely worse, and I can't say whether it's paranormal or just... normal.

1. it doesn't have to be an entire building ... so I believe that is still one of the more probable cause, maybe a cellar collapsing ?

2. I think so too, so I'm returning it to you :)

3. 50 miles out from you to the nearest wherever they need to get it to ... I would not be so quick to write this one out. They have to fly slow and over non populated areas. But visually this would be the easiest to spot, so someone would have to have seen something ... that night.

Most times it is the 'normal' that is the creepiest because it is far more common.
Just by hearing what there is in your recording of the events I believe this far from the para normal ... it is quite within the realm of the normal. :yes:
So no worries.

Perhaps the incident was not as lingering to the hour as your first thoughts ?

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#17    Salliss

Salliss

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:17 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bedford, UK

  • Disingenuous. Malevolent. Insidious.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 17 June 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

1. it doesn't have to be an entire building ... so I believe that is still one of the more probable cause, maybe a cellar collapsing ?

2. I think so too, so I'm returning it to you :)

3. 50 miles out from you to the nearest wherever they need to get it to ... I would not be so quick to write this one out. They have to fly slow and over non populated areas. But visually this would be the easiest to spot, so someone would have to have seen something ... that night.

Most times it is the 'normal' that is the creepiest because it is far more common.
Just by hearing what there is in your recording of the events I believe this far from the para normal ... it is quite within the realm of the normal. :yes:
So no worries.

Perhaps the incident was not as lingering to the hour as your first thoughts ?

~

Other than the minute I spent recording it and the ten minutes I spent downstairs I was on the phone with my boyfriend, who lives in another town. He was basically attempting to keep me calm. The call log is:
First call: 1.36am 15 mins
Second call: 1.40am 5 mins
Third call: 2.01am 1 hour 37 minutes

That's a whole lot of time for it to keep that up. I really want this to be explained. I think I might take the dog and do some scouting of the area this afternoon.


#18    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,918 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostSalliss, on 17 June 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Other than the minute I spent recording it and the ten minutes I spent downstairs I was on the phone with my boyfriend, who lives in another town. He was basically attempting to keep me calm. The call log is:
First call: 1.36am 15 mins
Second call: 1.40am 5 mins
Third call: 2.01am 1 hour 37 minutes

That's a whole lot of time for it to keep that up. I really want this to be explained. I think I might take the dog and do some scouting of the area this afternoon.

Here ... let me get it clear on this ... the ruckus was going on throughout the time you were on the phone ?
If so ... maybe just maybe it is more than just one of the mentioned probable causes ... most plausible even if improbable, :lol:

That's close to two hours is what I'm understanding here ... should be building and transportation loading and unloading then.

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#19    Salliss

Salliss

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:17 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bedford, UK

  • Disingenuous. Malevolent. Insidious.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 17 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Here ... let me get it clear on this ... the ruckus was going on throughout the time you were on the phone ?
If so ... maybe just maybe it is more than just one of the mentioned probable causes ... most plausible even if improbable, :lol:

That's close to two hours is what I'm understanding here ... should be building and transportation loading and unloading then.

~

Are you saying the phone was causing it? I'm not too clear on what you just said.

And I've never known any building or transportation to be going on at those times of day anywhere let alone in this tiny place.


#20    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Member
  • 5,669 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • The loud ones never last!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

Do you have an electricity pylon near you salliss? if so, did the noise you heard sound anything like this from your vantage point?



Edit - fixed spelling.

Edited by Sky Scanner, 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#21    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,918 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostSalliss, on 17 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Are you saying the phone was causing it? I'm not too clear on what you just said.

And I've never known any building or transportation to be going on at those times of day anywhere let alone in this tiny place.

No I didn't mean your phone was making the noise, I was just trying to make sure that the noise was going on the entire time you were on the phone, to determine the time span. From the phone log activity it adds up to close to two hours ... that's way too long for a non localised incident.
Meaning it has to be something that the source has to be fixed in place somewhere, not passing by or accidental.

Sound carries very far in the outskirts or rural areas ... it might even be miles away ... depending on the distinctive topographical character of your vicinity.

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#22    Salliss

Salliss

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:17 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bedford, UK

  • Disingenuous. Malevolent. Insidious.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 17 June 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Do you have an electricity pylon near you salliss? if so, did the noise you heard some anything like this from your vantage point?



Wow, gosh, that's pretty similar to begin with, but the difference is that that is constant and this was coming in waves. There was definitely no electricity buzzing, and that also sounds a lot more electrical but yeah I can definitely get behind it being something similar to that. I'm definitely going hunting later. I'll sniff it out, and hell, if I can't find anything I guess I'll just have to put it down to HAARP or something haha.


#23    Salliss

Salliss

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:17 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bedford, UK

  • Disingenuous. Malevolent. Insidious.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 17 June 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

No I didn't mean your phone was making the noise, I was just trying to make sure that the noise was going on the entire time you were on the phone, to determine the time span. From the phone log activity it adds up to close to two hours ... that's way too long for a non localised incident.
Meaning it has to be something that the source has to be fixed in place somewhere, not passing by or accidental.

Sound carries very far in the outskirts or rural areas ... it might even be miles away ... depending on the distinctive topographical character of your vicinity.

~

Yes, entire time, it started, got worse and worse and then disappeared slowly. I will be keeping my ears open for this again. It didn't help that it was an overcast night (in England?! Never!) so I couldn't see the sky at all. My county is flat, like, no hills whatsoever, so I don't think it could have really been echo, but I'm willing to accept for certain that sound can travel. I've been a night owl for well over ten years now, and I've never heard anything quite this ... odd ... before. And I've definitely heard some strange things, sounds of bombs going off in the distance etc, which isn't a normal thing to happen here. However this sounded like it was right overhead, which is what terrified me.


#24    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,629 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would say if it was just the metalic sounds I`d be freaked, but since you heard helicopters, the sounds must have something to do with them. Can you call some kind of a emergency number and asked whats going on? I`ve call our 911 number many times when I heard some wierd sounds, one time I heard these horriable metal crashing sound and here it was car accidents and helicopters are sent out to pick up hurt people or maybe a helicpoter bringing up a car that went over a cliff, just more guesses:)


#25    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,918 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostSalliss, on 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yes, entire time, it started, got worse and worse and then disappeared slowly. I will be keeping my ears open for this again. It didn't help that it was an overcast night (in England?! Never!) so I couldn't see the sky at all. My county is flat, like, no hills whatsoever, so I don't think it could have really been echo, but I'm willing to accept for certain that sound can travel. I've been a night owl for well over ten years now, and I've never heard anything quite this ... odd ... before. And I've definitely heard some strange things, sounds of bombs going off in the distance etc, which isn't a normal thing to happen here. However this sounded like it was right overhead, which is what terrified me.

Sound travels furthest and fastest in flat areas ... that's why it sounded like it was 'right overhead' ... much more so in low overcast conditions.
Should be some sort of major construction repairs or works .... or at least transportation, loading and unloading of or involving heavy machinery somewhere.

I am not familiar with the area you're in but I'm sure some of the members here that are familiar and has the experience can pinpoint an area of expanse based on the locality that you mentioned. Should be miles ... from my experience and based on the level of decibel that you mentioned I would hazard a guess of eight to ten miles and under fifteen.

~

Edited by third_eye, 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~


#26    Salliss

Salliss

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:17 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bedford, UK

  • Disingenuous. Malevolent. Insidious.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 17 June 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

I would say if it was just the metalic sounds I`d be freaked, but since you heard helicopters, the sounds must have something to do with them. Can you call some kind of a emergency number and asked whats going on? I`ve call our 911 number many times when I heard some wierd sounds, one time I heard these horriable metal crashing sound and here it was car accidents and helicopters are sent out to pick up hurt people or maybe a helicpoter bringing up a car that went over a cliff, just more guesses:)

I called the only people I thought it was possible to call. I think if I attempted to call the police I'd probably get told I'm "wasting police time" or something to that effect. The problem here is that a girl 5 mins drive from me was awake and didn't hear the noises, so I'm just terribly confused.


#27    TSS

TSS

    Observer

  • Member
  • 5,669 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • The loud ones never last!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Well i'm going to stick my 5pound bet (cause that's the wild kind of guy I am) on it being electromagnetic noises from auroras and radiation belts....(I think you were lucky to hear it - wish I had).

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#28    krypter3

krypter3

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Joined:10 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. A.A Milne

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah sky noises, no.  I've heard these kinda things before and they literally freak me out.  I'm pretty big on science and tend to try and logically explain things.  But the crazy sky noises that pop up on the internet, I have no explanation for.  I remember when I was around 13 years old, being on an island with my dad in the bush and hearing the distinct sound of drums coming from the sky and now I'm older, it sounds a lot like the booms you see on those youtube videos.

Sky noises have some juju :no:

Edited by krypter3, 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.


#29    scowl

scowl

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 4,111 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostSalliss, on 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

I called the only people I thought it was possible to call. I think if I attempted to call the police I'd probably get told I'm "wasting police time" or something to that effect.

In the U.S. noise complaints are perfectly legitimate reasons to call the police. Don't expect them to show up in five minutes though.


#30    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

My bets are:
1) Chinooks, if they fly enough you can hear the metal clanging

2)Paving machines or road rollers, they tend to make alot of noise when its in the dead of night.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users