Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Suicide is NEVER the Answer !

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Funny how those that don't agree simply just attribute the entire post as BS.  Perhaps a nerve has been struck.  feel free to give me more than just the obligatory BS line.  Share something of value.

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#17    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,323 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Suicide is actually listed as a side-effect of many anti-depressants commonly prescribed by doctors in the US.  So "we are over-medicated" as a reason to not seek medication isn't necessarily a driver of suicide.  It's more likely the reverse.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Suicides generally come about because a distorted perspective causes the person to see no way out, no escape, from their suffering.  This perspective is in turn brought about by brain chemicals out of balance.  The inclination to this can hit anyone, but the tendency to have repeated bouts of depression is genetic.  The person is not responsible and in fact has little control over what happens.  Simplistic judgmentalism such as what you have posted does even more harm.

Often the balance corrects itself and sense and healthy perspective returns and the depression passes.  This is the best that can be done for those whose depression does not respond to medication, to constantly remind themselves, "this will pass."  When society and medicine fail such people, their deaths are tragic and to be grieved just as any other death.

#19    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Never said they were cowards...just misguided souls.  This is the planet I reside on currently and here they use suicide as an escape route to what they think will be a different existence.

"misguided souls"....pffff....i beg to differ! i tell you one thing: if i should ever be diagnosed with a terminal desease, i sure would like to find a way that grants me the decision over WHEN and HOW i die,  no matter if you think my spirit leaves the path of righteousness or not.....

#20    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

if the question is ''name the act of self termination''
then suicide is the answer.
never say never.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#21    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Nice clip and snip there mr. veteran of the internet, :clap: , yes it is my opinion, I wrote the thread and I posted it.  Stating the obvious hardly qualifies as a post of any value.

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Still doesn't change the fact that suicide is used to escape.  If you take pills to control a medical issue that is you, that does not include all.

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

That is your opinion, and you are entitled, but to summarily dismiss my opinion as BS only serves to enlighten me as to your inability to say anything worthwhile.

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Far from unsubstantiated.  Your inability to add anything of value is overstated.

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Funny how those that don't agree simply just attribute the entire post as BS.  Perhaps a nerve has been struck.  feel free to give me more than just the obligatory BS line.  Share something of value.
why on earth would anyone want to contribute anything to a thread where a contradictory viewpoint is dismissed outright by the OP as 'i'm right. you're wrong. don't argue.'
and everything else is met with arrogance & scorn?
you need to reign it in.
seriously.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#22    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,583 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Far from unsubstantiated. Your inability to add anything of value is overstated.
Just keeping in line with your unsubstantiated nonsense.

Edit: Unsubstantiated describes your OP perfectly.

Edited by Rlyeh, 17 June 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#23    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,909 posts

• Take care with your words for once spoken they can never be taken back, only be forgiven and rarely forgotten.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

People of all walks of life commit suicide be it the poorest of the poor or the ones who have everything (i.e money, possessions, easy life)
Suicide is usually born from depression, a feeling that their lives are worthless and no one really cares about them.
Some people may feel like that if they are being harassed by their family such as being constantly criticized and belittled or if they are being abused and our "wonderful" society either cannot or will not help them. (Sometimes it seems the latter is the case.)

So I disagree that suicide is born out of the "inability" to overcome adversity. Telling a person who is suicidal that they are "harming" the evolution of their so-called "soul" does nothing to address and alleviate their very real pain they are experiencing in the very real world.

Edited by Ryu, 17 June 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#24    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

This is the planet I reside on currently and here they use suicide as an escape route to what they think will be a different existence.

Wrong on so many levels. Many are not thinking of somewhere better to go - they just want the mental pain they live with every second to stop, nothing more, just stop. If there seems to be no end in sight, they contemplate the worst scenario. Also, it is a mental health issue, directly related to having the coping tools necessary to deal with either the black cloud of depression, or external forces (people) that are destroying you.

#25    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,901 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

the cats knows how to keep the nine lives they do .....

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#26    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

that proves my long time theory that it is possible to sneak a cat picture into literally EVERY DAMN TOPIC..... :D

#27    Beastly Decimal

Beastly Decimal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

The topic says, "Suicide is NEVER the answer." I'd argue that point. Think about the Africans who were kidnapped from their homeland, put on a ship and sent to a foreign country for a lifetime of enslavement. Many of them chose to jump in the water rather than be subject to that fate. Is that weakness?
Personally, I think "Death is better than oppression."
Of course, all suicides aren't for such serious reasons, but I wouldn't say suicide is NEVER the answer, because sometimes it just might be.

I don't know why I wander on...
and so I wander on, in hopes
that maybe I'll find out.

#28    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,749 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 17 June 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Perhaps a nerve has been struck.
Yeah, that's the ticket.  No-one agrees with you, so you attribute that to it being a 'struck nerve', or better yet, the naysayers are all paid disinfo agents...
There is, however, an alternative explanation........

Share something of value.
Perhaps you should have thought of that before you posted the OP.  The other posters have provided much more value here and you have refused to engage in discussion - you did realise this was a discussion forum?  Perhaps you should go blogging or on Youtube where you can just block/delete all who disagree..

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#29    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,049 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

People who take their own life do so for a number of reasons. In some cases the person could be depressed, in others the person just can't face the world for whatever reason and looks for a way out to end their misery. Each person has their own reasons and I think it's sad when things get so bad for them that they turn to suicide as a solution.

I don't feel that suicide is a 'cowards way out', quite the opposite in fact, I think it takes a lot of guts for someone to take their own life. However what they don't realise is how it affects the people they leave behind, how much heartache it causes their family and friends.

Posted Image

#30    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

People who take their own life do so for a number of reasons. In some cases the person could be depressed, in others the person just can't face the world for whatever reason and looks for a way out to end their misery. Each person has their own reasons and I think it's sad when things get so bad for them that they turn to suicide as a solution.

I don't feel that suicide is a 'cowards way out', quite the opposite in fact, I think it takes a lot of guts for someone to take their own life. However what they don't realise is how it affects the people they leave behind, how much heartache it causes their family and friends.

I only said that because at one point i thought that way, that was just how i was raised. But i learnt that this wasn't the case, but many factors led people to make this unfortunate decision. I still stand by mental issues as a serious factor, but you're right in the fact that everyone has their own reasons.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users