Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Whitehouse Defending Obama's $100m Trip.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Ha ha ha ha...  Let them eat cake!

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 17 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

You know, I was thinking the same thing! :)

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 17 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Why? Doesn't that expression mean the jokes on them? I think it does but it looks like the tax payer is the punch line here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by F3SS, 17 June 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#19    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostF3SS, on 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Why? Doesn't that expression mean the jokes on them? I think it does but it looks like the tax payer is the punch line here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, no. It is a misattributted quote to Marie Antoinette, actually. She never said it really. She, sadly, probably wasn't paying much attention to the fact, while French Royalty lived like kings, the people of Paris were starving....kinda what's going on now....and we're the peasants....

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Ahh ok, I alwayshear a snooty queen in my head when I hear that expression but still I was right that the joke is on US.

#21    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostF3SS, on 17 June 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Ahh ok, I alwayshear a snooty queen in my head when I hear that expression but still I was right that the joke is on US.

Yep. Just like usual....

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostF3SS, on 17 June 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Lol thanks, I'll hold you to it.  .

I'd do it too.. If having £122 million, of course I would do it and a few of my other UM friends...Darn straight..

Only thing you need to constitute and Irish pub in this country is green neons, four leaf clover images and a visible leprechaun poster somewhere.   

I have never seen an Irish pub like that before lol.......What constitutes as an Irish pub over here is lots of singing, cheering on the football, beer and lots of it, and music all night long..Many Irish pubs are welcoming and friendly... I have had quite a few buy me rounds of drinks all night..Who am I to say no?

That's the thing with some of the Irish..They won't take no for an answer..  it goes like  ( Picture a broad southern Irish accent ) - "Do ya care for a pint of Guinness?  Ack go on..What about a wee shot of whiskey?  Go on just a wee drop? Ack ya will "  Before you know it, you are downing a pint !!!.  I found myself doing that and I HATE beer, I did it to keep them happy !!

And if you hold up your bargain I'll see what I can do about my Disney hook up not that your rich ass will need it but it's the gesture that counts.

You bet I would do it.. Because I would be so over the moon, I would want to make a few people happy...  I'd give you my home, but see it is really a quiet spot where I live, not much going on....If you are a fan of peace and quiet, then my home is the right one for you..You will have a nice wee home, ( with our two cats, oh yea that's the catch, you have to take the cats lol )  your own car, and a new pub to run........Just think, you could travel all over Ireland and it will be a breeze..!

I wont let you have my rust bucket of a car  ( Old Ford Focus )  no way.. Its a banger, but that old banger has given us some sweet memories.. I would take my old banger with me as  a keepsake.. :yes:

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 June 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

I'd do it too.. If having £122 million, of course I would do it and a few of my other UM friends...Darn straight..

I have never seen an Irish pub like that before lol.......What constitutes as an Irish pub over here is lots of singing, cheering on the football, beer and lots of it, and music all night long..Many Irish pubs are welcoming and friendly... I have had quite a few buy me rounds of drinks all night..Who am I to say no?

That's the thing with some of the Irish..They on't take no for an answer..  it goes like  ( Picture abroad southern Irish accent ) - "Do ya care for a pint of Guinness?  Ack go on..What about a wee shot of whiskey?  Go on just a wee drop? Ack ya will "  Before you know it, you are downing a pint !!!.  I found myself doing that and I HATE beer, I did it to keep them happy !!

You bet I would do it.. Because I would be so over the moon, I would want to make a few people happy...  I'd give you my home, but see it is really a quiet spot where I live, not much going on....If you are a fan of peace and quiet, then my home is the right one for you..You will have a nice wee home, ( with our two cats, oh yea that's the catch, you have to take the cats lol )  your own car, and a new pub to run........Just think, you could travel all over Ireland and it will be a breeze..!

I wont let you have my rust bucket of a car  ( Old Ford Focus )  no way.. Its a banger, but that old banger has given us some sweet memories.. I would take my old banger with me as  a keepsake.. :yes:
Thanks. you're so generous. I'd say what constitutes an Irish pub in Ireland is a pub in Ireland no matter how you look at it. I can't do Guiness though. I'd rather drink dish soap but I'm sure there are other beers I'd enjoy and to me whiskey is whiskey no matter where it's from.

#24    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 17 June 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Another First Lady traveled with her own bath water.

When I see these figures, I don't only think how extravagant, wasteful and arrogant, but rather, $100,000,000!!!!$$$ Taxpayers are  getting ripped off somewhere. That is a ridiculous figure, an exorbitant amount of money. Something isn't right. I'd love to see a breakdown of the costs. $100,000,000!!! No friggin' way is that the best (least expensive) they could do even if they kept everything the same. Paying top dollar is the best the gov can do? Shop around, refuse to pay extraordinary figures  just because you are the U S govt. No wonder we are in a financial mess.
I know a couple of polish lads who could get the same thing done for a few hundred quid if you'd like to give the obama's their phone number QC?
:-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostF3SS, on 17 June 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Thanks. you're so generous. I'd say what constitutes an Irish pub in Ireland is a pub in Ireland no matter how you look at it. I can't do Guiness though. I'd rather drink dish soap but I'm sure there are other beers I'd enjoy and to me whiskey is whiskey no matter where it's from.

I hate Guinness..UUHHH  A few mouthfuls of that and I headed straight to the bathroom...I think it is one of those - Love it or hate it drinks..  The most common beers sold over here are - Harp, Tennents and Budweiser ...Harp would be the top favourite.  I would be more of a cider, white wine and Smirnoff ice drinker..

#26    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I hate Guinness..UUHHH  A few mouthfuls of that and I headed straight to the bathroom...I think it is one of those - Love it or hate it drinks..  The most common beers sold over here are - Harp, Tennents and Budweiser ...Harp would be the top favourite.  I would be more of a cider, white wine and Smirnoff ice drinker..
Not familiar with those except Budweiser which is yuck too but tolerable if needed. I like a medium dark lager. Yuengling is my favorite. Brewed here in PA and is Americas oldest brewery. And yeah, Guinness is love it or leave it. I don't think it's possible to acquire a taste for it. I guess we should get back on topic. We are supposed to be yapping about Obama and now we are yapping about beer. He would love that we are so easily distracted. :)

#27    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postshrooma, on 17 June 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

I know a couple of polish lads who could get the same thing done for a few hundred quid if you'd like to give the obama's their phone number QC?
:-)

Do they have business cards they could pass around Washington?

Bullet proof vests, helmets, and a Land Rover should be good.

When my mom was in China the secret service were at her hotel and Clinton at another hotel...hmmm?

I wonder how much they (I mean we, taxpayers) paid for ss rooms? I'll bet X times more than what she was paying.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#28    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Technically he is in Ireland to attend the G8 summit, then to Africa in July, and in August (I think) they are headed back to Martha's Vineyard for their "vacation."  I hope he doesn't start yet another war while he is in Africa.  It scares me that he would take the chance going there now.  In my opinion he isn't much of a president, but he is the president.  Honestly; with Afghanistan and Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and who knows what other problems are happening Middle East countries, this is not the time to be going to investigate his roots and taking along the wife and kiddies.

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 17 June 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Technically he is in Ireland to attend the G8 summit,

Yup, he is only 30 miles down the motor way from my house... He is staying in Enniskillen  ( County Fermanagh ) with the rest of the G8 leaders... I have seen him on our local TV news channels all day.. He has visited schools and given speeches..More so about our peace talks over here in N.Ireland..For that's all l have heard from him..  The people over here love him..The warm reception he got was pretty good   Clinton enjoyed it over here too years ago.......... Before any one says anything, you have to remember, we Irish cannot say much about other world leaders, we can slag off our own MPs and leaders, that's easy lol....But not others, we don't care to, besides it is hard for us to do that... For us to see your political leaders in the same way you all do, we would have to be living amongst you.. If you understand what I mean...

One kid came on the news, while being interviewed, the reporter asked him - "What did you like best at lunch time...Meeting Mr Cameron and Mr Obama  OR Sausages and chips?."......... The child replies - "Sausages and chips  yay" ..Straight up, I thought that was funny... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#30    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 17 June 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Technically he is in Ireland to attend the G8 summit, then to Africa in July, and in August (I think) they are headed back to Martha's Vineyard for their "vacation."  I hope he doesn't start yet another war while he is in Africa.  It scares me that he would take the chance going there now.  In my opinion he isn't much of a president, but he is the president.  Honestly; with Afghanistan and Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and who knows what other problems are happening Middle East countries, this is not the time to be going to investigate his roots and taking along the wife and kiddies.

I think about his kids, too.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 18 June 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users