Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Amateur Footballers Convicted of Manslaughter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Linesman Death: Dutch Amateur Footballers Convicted of Manslaughter of Richard Nieuwenhuizen

Six teenagers and father of youth player sentenced for beating linesman to death.

Six Dutch teenagers and a 52-year-old man have been convicted of the manslaughter of a football linesman after they kicked him to death at an under-17s match.

Richard Nieuwenhuizen, a 41-year-old father of three, died from severe head injuries after he was attacked by the footballers in December.

Judges in Lelystad, the Netherlands, sentenced the father of a player identified only as El-Hasan D, to six years in prison for his part in the attack.

Five teenagers were given two-year sentences and a sixth was sentenced to a year. A seventh player, aged 15, was sentenced to 30 days' detention for assault.

http://www.ibtimes.c...euwenhuizen.htm

My word, I have heard of guys taking football seriously, but this just rips the backside clean out of it...!!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,214 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ridiculous killing someone over a game.  That mans kids are going to have to grow up with out him yet they will all be out within 6 years most of them much less.

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,569 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Imo, Those aren't sentences they're slaps on their wrists. I'm sure their harsh (NOT) sentence learned them a lesson (NOT).  Sickening that that is all they got. Our world is messed up, they should be looked at as adults who killed a man, a father.
And sent away for a good long long while.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#4    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

It is sickening, those aren't sentences they are nothing compared to the death of a person.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users