Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Possible time warp...help?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    stars11

stars11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

pj bandit, on 19 June 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Hi, I dont think you understand me. You said she was in her (your) room watching tv first, then later you implied she was watching tv in the 'other room' so she wasnt in her (your) bedroom but in another room. I am pointing out the inconsistancy in the story and i wanted to know was she in her (your) bedroom or the 'other room' wen you first checked on her.
My bedroom doesn't have a tv but her room (the master bedroom) does.  She was getting ready and watching tv in her room first and then went into the other room (my bedroom).  My bedroom is the room where I checked on her.

Edited by stars11, 21 June 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#17    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

stars11, on 21 June 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

My bedroom doesn't have a tv but her room (the master bedroom) does.  She was getting ready and watching tv in her room first and then went into the other room (my bedroom).  My bedroom is the room where I checked on her.

Is there room in your room, or her room for a TV, or in another room maybe the master bedroom, or your bedroom?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#18    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

That would freak me out to. Maybe she fell asleep quickly and when you woke her up she just thought she been asleep for that long. With the time thing, maybe you just misinterpreted what you seen the first time. It happens to everyone.

#19    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Ok, so....

The master bedroom has a TV, bedroom 2 does not. Mom was watching TV in the master bedroom when you first checked on her, and she was in bedroom 2 the second time you checked on her. Some time between your first checking and second checking, she turned off the TV in the master bedroom, and went to lay down in bedroom 2.
Where were you during this? I'm going to guess you weren't in the master bedroom or bedroom 2 at all, but was somewhere else in the house?

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#20    pj bandit

pj bandit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• lets start changing the world

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yea did you not indicate at the start you were in the master bedroom?

'I will however clarify that I sleep in the master bedroom and my mom sleeps in my room because she has bad back problems and recently underwent surgery, and my bed is a lot softer and more comfortable for her.   Okay, so here's the story about the odd thing that has happened. I usually listen to music on my smartphone late at night and before I go to sleep. It helps and relaxes me. Well, one night I got up to look in the hallway to see if my mother was still awake. I checked and sure enough, the light under her door was still on and I could hear the t.v. playing in the background.'

'there's a turd in the punch bowl, i repeat, there is a turd in the punch bowl'

#21    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,476 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi,

You lost some amount of time, as time "jumped"?

I think this has happened to me and friends before. Not sure why.
Once I was in bed after being awake for a while, and then this flash of light appeared, but instead of going, it stayed there. I hid under the bed and noticed it still there. When I looked up again, I understood that this light was daylight! I mean how did it appear as a sudden flash bang? Daylight gradually appears although this one incident in the morning had it come on as if switched on by a button.

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#22    stars11

stars11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

rashore, on 21 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ok, so....

The master bedroom has a TV, bedroom 2 does not. Mom was watching TV in the master bedroom when you first checked on her, and she was in bedroom 2 the second time you checked on her. Some time between your first checking and second checking, she turned off the TV in the master bedroom, and went to lay down in bedroom 2.
Where were you during this? I'm going to guess you weren't in the master bedroom or bedroom 2 at all, but was somewhere else in the house?
^THIS but to finish the rest of this I was in the living room listening to music on my smartphone and then I got up and that's when I checked the hall way and went into my bedroom (or bedroom 2...my ORIGINAL room...the one with NO tv).  Done!

Edited by stars11, 24 June 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#23    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

I had to move back in with my father after he had two heart attack in two days, so i know what it's like to be concerned if the routine changes, and i have experienced these slips of time, but i just put it down to having unintentional naps. I have my earphones in basically every night, either for music or watching movies on my laptop and it's easy to drift off without even knowing it.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#24    stars11

stars11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

^Also this (because it's very similar).  And I do the same thing as I'm addicted to my phone and listening to music on it.  But I know for a fact that I didn't take a nap.

#25    Jejitters

Jejitters

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

I was searching Google to see if anyone experienced a real time warp because this happened to me this morning. I to listen to my cell phone radio in bed and not that I think there is a connection but here is what happened today. I usually get up at 5:30 but over slept and my girl said you better get up.  I asked her what time is it she said and I also confirmed shortly after looking at my cell it was 6:05 am. I have to be at work at 7am.  With at least a 30 min drive.  Seeing that I have my morning routine down to the minute I would not have enough time to take a shower and get my stuff together so I figured I would pass on the shower get my stuff together and head out to work.  Now where I live takes me at the least on a good day 30 minutes from my door to my works door. I was stressed out because I could not find my car keys.  So my girlfriend got up and helped me find my keys. Now by the time I got my keys and was in my car it was 6:37.  At this point I know I am going to be late but I still hall ass to work.  I pull into the parking lot and I am the first car in the lot.  I thought that was very strange because of it being a Monday and no one was there yet. I did not look at the clock I just wanted get my ass in the building to swipe my key card at the front door because that clocks us in and unlocks the door.  I get in turn the lights on and plug my laptop in and see it is 6:36am on my laptop.  At this point I am very confused.  So I text my girlfriend and I said. Babe I feel off today and I asked her I thought I left around 6:30.  She told me I Did.  The text I sent her was Time stamped at 6:36am and I was already at work. So when I got home from work tonight I wanted to retrace my steps with her to make sure that what I thought happened really did happen. She confirmed the time I left and the time stamp of the text I sent her. I also was 1/2 hour early to work.   I don't believe in any paranormal stuff or do drugs anything like that.  Just don't understand how I made it to work so fast or what happened. Very very weird.

#26    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

stars11, on 17 June 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I asked this in yahoo! answers and it's pretty long (please be patient), but obviously no one could help.  Thank god for this site though.

Anyway, here's my story and question:
Okay first off, I don't want anyone thinking that I, or any of my family members are weird. I will however clarify that I sleep in the master bedroom and my mom sleeps in my room because she has bad back problems and recently underwent surgery, and my bed is a lot softer and more comfortable for her.   Okay, so here's the story about the odd thing that has happened. I usually listen to music on my smartphone late at night and before I go to sleep. It helps and relaxes me. Well, one night I got up to look in the hallway to see if my mother was still awake. I checked and sure enough, the light under her door was still on and I could hear the t.v. playing in the background. I'm thinking, okay well that answers my question right there. I go back to sit down and listen to music again, only to get up and check a few minutes later. I do this because sometimes she likes to talk to me before she goes to sleep, and then she usually reads her book for about a half hour, turns off the light and goes to sleep. Well, as I get up again, I go to the hallway and see that none of the lights were on. I thought that was a little weird. I'm still thinking this is about 11:15 as I had checked at 11:09 and for some reason I really wanted to remember those times. Still thinking this was too bizarre, I open the bedroom door and asked her if she was ok. She then asks what am I doing. I told her that I thought it was a little bit weird that she wasn't reading or that her light had been on. She then goes on to tell me that she had been asleep for over an hour. I said, "That can't be because I just checked the hallway and saw that you were in the other room about a few minutes ago. I could hear the tv on and everything." I left, looked at the clock in the living room and saw that it was past 12:30. I'm thinking, that can't be right. So strange! This happened for real, too. I didn't doze off while listening to music, or have some sort of psychotic episode, nor did I go off into some sort of trance. My mind is totally normal. Something very strange happened that night. Has anyone ever had something as unusual as this happen before? What could it be? What could've caused it?

This seems to be a somewhat common phenomenon.  If it helps, read this:  http://www.unexplain...topic=252668=

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,205 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

Video proof of a time warp: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=umj0gu5nEGs
It's astounding.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats, 23 June 2015 - 05:27 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#28    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Were you doing anything while listening to music?  Usually, this happens to me at work as I have the music going and doing statistics or generating reports and such and say, for example, the time was 9:45 am when I started, the next time I would look at the clock afterward, it would be 12:30 pm, already lunch time.

#29    Podo

Podo

Red Lantern

• 2,291 posts

• This is a strange world full of strange people. I hate it. I hate them.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

Jejitters, on 22 June 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

I was searching Google to see if anyone experienced a real time warp because this happened to me this morning. I to listen to my cell phone radio in bed and not that I think there is a connection but here is what happened today. I usually get up at 5:30 but over slept and my girl said you better get up.  I asked her what time is it she said and I also confirmed shortly after looking at my cell it was 6:05 am. I have to be at work at 7am.  With at least a 30 min drive.  Seeing that I have my morning routine down to the minute I would not have enough time to take a shower and get my stuff together so I figured I would pass on the shower get my stuff together and head out to work.  Now where I live takes me at the least on a good day 30 minutes from my door to my works door. I was stressed out because I could not find my car keys.  So my girlfriend got up and helped me find my keys. Now by the time I got my keys and was in my car it was 6:37.  At this point I know I am going to be late but I still hall ass to work.  I pull into the parking lot and I am the first car in the lot.  I thought that was very strange because of it being a Monday and no one was there yet. I did not look at the clock I just wanted get my ass in the building to swipe my key card at the front door because that clocks us in and unlocks the door.  I get in turn the lights on and plug my laptop in and see it is 6:36am on my laptop.  At this point I am very confused.  So I text my girlfriend and I said. Babe I feel off today and I asked her I thought I left around 6:30.  She told me I Did.  The text I sent her was Time stamped at 6:36am and I was already at work. So when I got home from work tonight I wanted to retrace my steps with her to make sure that what I thought happened really did happen. She confirmed the time I left and the time stamp of the text I sent her. I also was 1/2 hour early to work.   I don't believe in any paranormal stuff or do drugs anything like that.  Just don't understand how I made it to work so fast or what happened. Very very weird.

On the first page of this thread, there are several explanations that could contribute, such as Highway Hypnosis to simply losing track of time. Our minds are very easily tricked, after all.

With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse, so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all, that is your fate!

#30    psionhybrid

psionhybrid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

I believe you...people have paranormal experiences all the time
mostly the ego tries to create a logic to understand it. Lets take a common one people dismiss as coincidence deja vu it happens cant express it to others but you know it feels like its happened before. What most dont realize is they had a dream or some kind of subconscious connection most likely to themselves at a different point in time. Only they dont recall it on a conscious level or basically dont remember the dream or connection but perhaps you did. Best way I can put it to scientific standard is we accept that everything is made up of molecules that have specific energy that can be mathematically recorded are relatively consistant and reactions between them can be mathematically calculated. Chemistry we call it so why is it so hard for people to admit that if you could comprehend all the variables of these molecular interactions on a large scale that the future wouldnt be predictable. I already know most people will say free will but how would you know for sure without seeing the future.

Edited by psionhybrid, 25 June 2015 - 06:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users