Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stonehenge and why it was built

stonehenge comet encke

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

The comet Encke has terrorised and destroyed us humans last 20-30.000 years. I am sure they have would have notised it and remember it during generations. It was afterall the only tv they had;)

I also dont think they were stupid. Making a large soltice calender in stone makes no sence. So much waste in time and resources. A small one in wood would do, and it really wouldent be needed at all, just a gimmic. Every farmer know when the right time to sow the grain, and that varies from year to year, depending on a long and short winter++. Its not that they would have died without it. I think had a real purpose and function.

The age difference between the swastica around the world has no relevance. Unless its older than 30.000 years when it began its terrorist campaign. Every man alive would have seen it several times during its lifetime, and known it was our ultimate enemy.

In Scandinavia (viking and bronseage) we have 3 different "sun symbols" Isnt that a weakness for the official theory? Only one of them actually looks like the sun. The dotted circle. The swastica and spiral does not look like the sun at all. I think those symbols meant something else.

And in general; It wouldent be the first time the science/history mafia has had it wrong. They stick with the old, unless 100% new confirmed evidence pop up. A 90-99% likelyhood of something just isnt enough for them to reconsider. The earth is flat, the earth is the centre of our solar system+++ Some record they have in acepting new knowledge. All new is combatted like its a enemy. This is not real reseach!

Posted Image

Edited by whitegandalf, 19 June 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#62    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Some examples;
Dotted circle come in some variasions. With one or two rings. This is from a 1600 year old object I and my crew discovered two summers ago in Norway. (Which i agree on (most likely) represent the Sun)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Malta)

Edited by whitegandalf, 19 June 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#63    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,486 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

terrorist campaign? what? lol

#64    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,786 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

A comet is not a meteor.  There is no such thing as a "sedimentary comet."  Sedimentary meteors may well exist.  None have ever been found.

I think there are bigger things to worry about than Comet Encke.

Besides, Stonehenge was erected to "warn us against our greatest enemy."

Our greatest enemy is time.  Stonehenge reminds us of this.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#65    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 June 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

terrorist campaign? what? lol

Maybe i could have chosen the words more wisely..

It have however scared the **** out of us every 33 years when it shows itself by a near earth flyby, with it caracteristics bended arms. Sometimes it just scares us, and somethimes it brings on the greatest destruction and catastrophes humans have known and experienced last 30.000 years. The tunguska event was just a little small taste of the larger ones that happens twice in a about 3000year cycle.

She alone is behind over 50% of all debree from the inner solar system.

I call Encke the terrorist of all comets, because she has killed so many innocent humans, but also the queen, because she is so beautiful.

Edited by whitegandalf, 19 June 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#66    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

just a quick one for you ... why would they use a swastika to represent our greatest enemy.. when.. the swastika is a sign of luck?

#67    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,796 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postwhitegandalf, on 19 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I am sure they have would have notised it and remember it during generations.
Doesn't that highlight a problem with your theory? Generation after generation would come and go and the comet would never change. If anything it got less bright as it broke up and scattered debris around.

I also dont think they were stupid. Making a large soltice calender in stone makes no sence. So much waste in time and resources. A small one in wood would do, and it really wouldent be needed at all, just a gimmic. Every farmer know when the right time to sow the grain, and that varies from year to year, depending on a long and short winter++. Its not that they would have died without it. I think had a real purpose and function.
Early people depended on their priests to tell them the weather and when it was most fortuitous to plant and reap. A solar calendar would have been a big focus point to reinforce those beliefs. Stonehenge was a ceremonial center, not a watchpost for some mystical enemy in the sky.

The archeological record shows clearly that these early people did build with logs at first, but moved to stone. My assumption is that it was due to Ego. Even today we see the rich, powerful and influential seeking to leave bigger and bigger impressions on history. It is human nature to try to build bigger then the last guy.

Every man alive would have seen it several times during its lifetime, and known it was our ultimate enemy.
Why would they think it is the Enemy when it comes and goes every 33 or so years and no one ever dies from it and it never gets any brighter then it was last time.

Isn't that like saying the Moon is our greatest enemy because it is in the sky and appears to change each month?

All new is combatted like its a enemy. This is not real reseach!
Neither is it research to embrace something new just because it is new. Research is supposed to lead to Conclusions. And the conclusion is supposed to draw on logic and evidence, not just "if" and "maybe".

View Postwhitegandalf, on 19 June 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Sometimes it just scares us, and somethimes it brings on the greatest destruction and catastrophes humans have known and experienced last 30.000 years. The tunguska event was just a little small taste of the larger ones that happens twice in a about 3000year cycle.
Do you have more examples of these "greatest destruction and catastrophes", because the Tunguska event, AFAIK, did not kill a single person.

She alone is behind over 50% of all debree from the inner solar system.
Oh, I'm going to want to see some kind of reference for that...

The Taurids do represent the largest formation of debris in the inner solar system, but I've not seen 50% mentioned before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurids

I call Encke the terrorist of all comets, because she has killed so many innocent humans, but also the queen, because she is so beautiful.
How many people do you think Encke has killed? Is it more then Alexander the Greats Army? Is it more then the horde of Gengis Khan? Is it more then a single year of automobile deaths in the US? Is it greater then those killed in the Black Death plague?

Edited by DieChecker, 19 June 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#68    The Searcher2

The Searcher2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

There is a book just on the market that describes precisly what Stonehenge was built for. This is corrolated with many other similar structures which were built for the same reason. They say that in order for something to be accepted as a true science the process has to be repeatable. The book "La Merica" covers a time period from the Etruscans to the colonizers of the Americas who all used this re-discovered ancient science. The book is on Amazon.com under the title "La Merica".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users