Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 19 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Nooooo, much to early in the thread to debunk. It must go on for page after page, insults hurled, blood spilt. Now you spoiled it Posted Image

Ye of little faith.

No one reads the thread.  They'll just read the OP (or might just post based on the title alone) and post something like "I bet it was Anubis because, you know, Stargate was real and ****".

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#17    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I suspected this.......

#18    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

From Abramelin link:

Shortly afterwards in Cairo, Rose began to channel an entity called Aiwass, which provided Crowley with his occult magnum opus, The Book Of Law. Over three days, he scribbled down the magickal instructions as they were communicated to him. From this point on, Crowley followed the dictum: 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.'

Posted Image

So it is now about "channeling"... what a bunch of horse do do's...

#19    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Heh heh. Chalk one more up for thorough reseach. Thanks, Third Eye!

:)

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#20    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,967 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 19 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Nooooo, much to early in the thread to debunk. It must go on for page after page, insults hurled, blood spilt. Now you spoiled it Posted Image

Posted Image

heheheheheh ... carry on ....

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#21    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,764 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Yes, indeed, a round of applause for third_eye!

I've heard this story through the years, of course, and one can find it mentioned anecdotally in Egyptological literature. It's nothing more than, well, a fun story.

One wonders about the origin of the tale, however. It always reminds me of another great conquerer who visited Egypt and swiftly incorporated it into his realm: over two thousand years before Napoleon, Alexander the Great took Egypt from the Persians. Alexander soon visited the Oracle of Amun in the Libyan Desert and supposedly asked the priests whether his father's assassins had all been punished and if he, Alexander, would successfully conquer the world. From there the tradition of writers of Alexander's day and later (e.g., Kallisthenes and Plutarch) get fuzzy in their accounts. Supposedly Alexander refused to say anything to anyone about what the oracle priests had told him and intended to reveal their words only to his mother, Olympias, when he got back home. Alexander never returned home, of course. But from the visit to the Oracle comes the tales of the priests having proclaimed Alexander the son not of Philip II but of the great god Amun himself.

It's not clear whether Alexander himself proclaimed such a thing, but here, too, we have a famous conquerer visiting a famous Egyptian religious site and leaving without saying a word.

Just wondering.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#22    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Just an idle thought. There is a sort of Western "trinity" of conquerors, Alexander, Ceasar and Napoleon. All visisted Egypt, though it is dissapointing there is no similar mystery story about Ceasar. So, I wonder if Afrika Korps had been successful, then Hitler may have visited Egypt, urged by the likes of Himmler, who was influenced by Blavatsky, had some revelation and who knows what situation we would be in now. Though of course Hitler may have secretly visited Egypt in one of the flying saucers the Nazis had, on route to the secret Antarctic base or the one on far side of the Moon.......

#23    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

It seems that Napoleon and French Troops were effected by visiting Egypt and the Giza Pyramids, some time in the future i will write about Pyramid Austerlitz in Netherlands, i leave video link only for you to view Pyramid, some time in the future i will show alignments to dates!

#24    Skithia

Skithia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

View Postmonk 56, on 20 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

It seems that Napoleon and French Troops were effected by visiting Egypt and the Giza Pyramids, some time in the future i will write about Pyramid Austerlitz in Netherlands, i leave video link only for you to view Pyramid, some time in the future i will show alignments to dates!

Its a gigantic sandcastle :)

#25    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi Skithia,

I'm not sure what you are saying, obviously a large sandcastle however it has been there since 1804 to honour Napoleon Bonaparte, it's influence was the Egyptian wars during a few years previous when many French troops were in Egypt?

#26    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 18 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Maybe he thought he saw a ghost or something?

I don't think a guy like Napoleon would admit of ever seeing a ghost, lol. No one would take him seriously ever again if he had.

Maybe he DID see a ghost?

#27    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 20 June 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

Yes, indeed, a round of applause for third_eye!

I've heard this story through the years, of course, and one can find it mentioned anecdotally in Egyptological literature. It's nothing more than, well, a fun story.

One wonders about the origin of the tale, however. It always reminds me of another great conquerer who visited Egypt and swiftly incorporated it into his realm: over two thousand years before Napoleon, Alexander the Great took Egypt from the Persians. Alexander soon visited the Oracle of Amun in the Libyan Desert and supposedly asked the priests whether his father's assassins had all been punished and if he, Alexander, would successfully conquer the world. From there the tradition of writers of Alexander's day and later (e.g., Kallisthenes and Plutarch) get fuzzy in their accounts. Supposedly Alexander refused to say anything to anyone about what the oracle priests had told him and intended to reveal their words only to his mother, Olympias, when he got back home. Alexander never returned home, of course. But from the visit to the Oracle comes the tales of the priests having proclaimed Alexander the son not of Philip II but of the great god Amun himself.

It's not clear whether Alexander himself proclaimed such a thing, but here, too, we have a famous conquerer visiting a famous Egyptian religious site and leaving without saying a word.

Just wondering.

The Roman writer of the first century or so CE, Quintus Rufus Curtius, says that the priest confirmed he was the son of Jupiter Ammon, and Alexander from then on required everyone to address him as a god. Curtius specifically points out that moment as the point where everything starts to go wrong for Alexander, and cites Alexander's actions as the starting point for a conspiracy amongst some of his senior officers tooff him.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#28    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 20 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Maybe he DID see a ghost?

Maybe you didn't read this post :

http://www.unexplain...9

#29    sod_2011

sod_2011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 20 June 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Just an idle thought. There is a sort of Western "trinity" of conquerors, Alexander, Ceasar and Napoleon. All visisted Egypt, though it is dissapointing there is no similar mystery story about Ceasar. So, I wonder if Afrika Korps had been successful, then Hitler may have visited Egypt, urged by the likes of Himmler, who was influenced by Blavatsky, had some revelation and who knows what situation we would be in now. Though of course Hitler may have secretly visited Egypt in one of the flying saucers the Nazis had, on route to the secret Antarctic base or the one on far side of the Moon.......

That is a very good point the Afrika Corps under the command of General Field Marshall Erwin Rommel. I doubt Rommel would have bothered with that, reason being he is just a hard core military genius and doesent seem the type of character to even bother with 'supersticious' investigations. Although who knows what the real agenda actually is or was.

King Regards
Shane O' Donnell

#30    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

View Postsod_2011, on 21 June 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

That is a very good point the Afrika Corps under the command of General Field Marshall Erwin Rommel. I doubt Rommel would have bothered with that, reason being he is just a hard core military genius and doesent seem the type of character to even bother with 'supersticious' investigations. Although who knows what the real agenda actually is or was.
Well the military objective was oil and to secure a route to Caspian Sea and India. Though I am certain that if Germans had beaten British out of Egypt, then the country would have been swamped with all manner of genuine German and Axis Egyptologists and a large number of the woo woos working for Himmler. It could be speculated on for many pages what they would have done in Egypt, and to Egyptian history.....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 21 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users