Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bigfoot Footprints Found in Malaysia

bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

About 200 Bigfoot-like footprints have been reportedly discovered near Kampung Kepis Baru, Kuala Pilah, Malaysia, causing panic among villagers.

According to Harian Metro reports, a villager named Adnan Pungut, has claimed that he discovered the footprints when he was clearing rubbish and wood at his rubber estate at around 3pm on Saturday.

Pungut said that he immediately informed other villagers and they found 200 footprints that were about the same size, Star online reported.

Based on the footprints, they assumed that the creature has two legs and weighs more than 100kg, he added.

Villagers suspect that the creature could be headed towards a nearby forest, but they decided not to pursue the creature because they were afraid, the report stated.

http://www.business-...61800650_1.html

NEGERI SEMBILAN - About 200 Bigfoot-like footprints have been discovered near Kampung Kepis Baru, Kuala Pilah, causing panic among villagers, reported Harian Metro.

Adnan Pungut, 48, claimed he discovered the footprints when he was clearing rubbish and wood at his rubber estate at 3pm on Saturday.

"I immediately informed the others because I was scared. I told the other villagers and all of us went back to the area.

"We found 200 footprints that were about the same size and tried to follow them," he was quoted as saying.

"Based on the footprints, we can assume that the creature has two legs and weighs more than 100kg," he said.

According to Adnan, further checks by villagers found that the creature could be headed towards a nearby forest.

The report stated that the villagers decided not to pursue the creature as they were afraid.

"We will let the authorities handle it as the animal could be endangered," Adnan said.

http://news.asiaone....618-430445.html

Posted Image

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

"We will let the authorities handle it as the animal could be endangered," Adnan said.

heheheheh good man ....

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

100kg?  That's about 220lbs, right?

Kind of on the smallish side for Bigfoot isn't it?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Maybe its a juvenile Bigfoot.

#5    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

he was clearing rubbish and wood at his rubber estate at around 3pm on Saturday.
:huh:

A skeptical believer.

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

he was clearing rubbish and wood at his rubber estate at around 3pm on Saturday.

He's a rubber tapper ... one has to clear the dry leaves and wood/kindling during the dry season as it is a fire hazard ...

~

~

~

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostHilander, on 18 June 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Maybe its a juvenile Bigfoot.

That seems to be the go-to answer these days when common man-sized tracks are found - or man-sized blobsquatches are photographed and filmed.

I could offer a much simpler explanation - it was a dude.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

He's a rubber tapper ... one has to clear the dry leaves and wood/kindling during the dry season as it is a fire hazard ...

~
Ah, I was thinking he lived in a mansion made of rubber.

View PostRafterman, on 18 June 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

That seems to be the go-to answer these days when common man-sized tracks are found - or man-sized blobsquatches are photographed and filmed.

I could offer a much simpler explanation - it was a dude.
Or a rather amazon-ish female.

A skeptical believer.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I remembered the hoo ha when the reports started showing up ... I believe there is a team dedicated to investigating the reports ... haven;t heard much of it recently though ...

they got more tracks and made many casts ... i think the 'big foot' here isn't the like the big foot we are familiar with ... or sasquatch ... but literally 'BIG' foots

Just something with larger than usual sized feet ... I don;t know much more ... as I'm not too interested in such mysteries ...

There is an on going research about maybe a giant pyramid temple rumored to be somewhere in the South of Peninsular Malaysia .. it is hush hushed till they can get the funding for a full expedition ... that I am keeping track of ... :lol:

`

~

~

#10    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

I say that was just a super-sized American tourist.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#11    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I remembered the hoo ha when the reports started showing up ... I believe there is a team dedicated to investigating the reports ... haven;t heard much of it recently though ...

they got more tracks and made many casts ... i think the 'big foot' here isn't the like the big foot we are familiar with ... or sasquatch ... but literally 'BIG' foots

Just something with larger than usual sized feet ... I don;t know much more ... as I'm not too interested in such mysteries ...

There is an on going research about maybe a giant pyramid temple rumored to be somewhere in the South of Peninsular Malaysia .. it is hush hushed till they can get the funding for a full expedition ... that I am keeping track of ... :lol:

`

Did I miss the size of the these prints somewhere? Any info on how large the prints were?
Thx

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 18 June 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Did I miss the size of the these prints somewhere? Any info on how large the prints were?
Thx

Much too early for these reports ... Newspaper headline reports link

but the previous ones are about twice the size of normal ... meaning asian size ...

previous news

Tuesday, 28 February 2006,
They were distinctive, perhaps 20cm across and 40, perhaps 45cm long.

link

The official government inquiry in Malaysia raises the question of why a serious, open, government investigation is still not happening anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. For more on that issue, click here.

Bigfoot/giganto sightings in Malaysia are nothing new. The new factor is the government's supportive attitude toward projects to investigate the sightings. That's a first, for any country. Government officials and conservationists with the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) are openly discussing the subject with the national news agency (see articles below). The Malaysia Nature Society is urging people to take the sightings seriously and regard the giant apes as part of the state's (Johor's) heritage.

official site link

sightings by foreign 'researchers'

Wednesday 22nd Febuary 2006
The unknown world: How I tracked Bigfoot through the Malaysian jungle
The Independent (UK)

Jan McGirk joined a team of paranormal investigators to check out reports of 10ft giant apes in the rainforest near Kota Tinggi. This is what they found..
At first glance it might have seemed like nothing. A four-inch impression in the mud of the Malaysian rainforest. On closer inspection, however, it seemed as if it might be the astounding find the expedition had been hoping for. A footprint of the creature known variously as Bigfoot, Sasquatch, the tropical Yeti or - to locals - the Mawas.

Said to grow up to 10- feet tall, with an awesome armspan, a trio of these undiscovered hominids were at the centre of a flurry of unconfirmed sightings by frightened plantation workers three months ago. And in the fading light of the Bukit Lantang woods on the fringe of dense forest in Johor state, a single splayed print appeared to offer the most compelling evidence yet that we were on the trail of the mighty beast.

link

Malaysian Bigfoot Sightings Near Johor Baru

Study to verify ‘Bigfoot’ R. Sittamparam and Chuah Bee Kim JOHOR BARU, Dec 24:

The Johor National Parks Corporation is willing to collaborate with anyone wanting to carry out a study to verify the existence of "Bigfoot" in Johor.

Its director, Hashim Yusoff, said today there was a need for a scientific study to determine once and for all if such a creature existed in Johor.

Without dismissing the claims of sightings of "Bigfoot", he said his staff had found no physical evidence of the presence of "Bigfoot" either in the Endau-Rompin National Park or the Tanjung Piai National Park.

Sightings of hairy creatures said to be about three metres tall have trickled in over the years, especially from along the forest spine connecting Endau Rompin, Kota Tinggi and Tanjung Piai.

In the latest sighting, a fish researcher from the Johor branch of the Malaysian Nature Society claimed he spotted "Bigfoot" footprints at a swamp near Sungai Sedili in Kampung Mawai, Kota Tinggi.

link

these are all in my neighborhood ... just around my neck of the woods ... practically just hours from where I am ... been hearing such stories since I was a kid
:lol:

`

~

~

#13    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

think the 'big foot' here isn't the like the big foot we are familiar with ... or sasquatch ... but literally 'BIG' foots

.. :lol:

`

No worries , mystery solved .... http://www.dailymail...g-size-11s.html

#14    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmmm Malaysia, never heard of a bigfoot sighting till now, until now and the link provided looks like it was posted today. Wow this is hot, if i were their, i could just predict by the pattern of footprint if it was a genuine or a hoax. At least pacify the poor souls not to get frightened and do their normal routine things.

First of all people need to see, the footprint where it all started, counted to 200 prints till where it ended, so somewhere in between the bigfoot even after taking a 50-100 steps, will need a breather or will need a direction to where he/she needs to head, so that would mean, the creature would turn left/right , so somewhere the print has be jumbled in one place, if footprint are all the same say 1-2 feet in distance with one another, and the length of the foot print is same till where it ends , it seems the creature is intelligent and knows where it is heading.

Which in this case is not, the creature is not intelligent, its a cryptid, and this is a pure hoax, just to stir peoples emotion and keep them excited.
We need full proof evidence, foot print alone will not do, at least for me, it didn't even stir any thing.
Hard conclusive evidence where some villagers saw the bigfoot and the fellow ran for life, or shitted his pants , or was hospitalized or something interesting happened.
200 footprints.... oooooeeeee

#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

I was thinking Josh Gates. Having a little fun with the locals on his time off.

Also tagged with bigfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users