Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bikes, towers, and cars dream.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Was riding my bike in a dream and it was at the very outskirts of town because there was more land than concrete and it had that sleepy look.

Met up with an ex-friend whom have not spoken to in a very long time. Went to his house which was the last block on that side of town. There was a huge covered patio and in the backyard was plenty of cars. It looked like a salvage yard.

Behind the backyard was plenty of land. There were around 4 or 5 metal towers. Huge steel and narrow communication towers. They were all different shapes and one right next to the other.

What was odd was that smoke was rising up from all of them in neat orderly columns. Most likely this had to do with the recent NSA scandal or so it felt like it as soon as I woke up. It was some source of pollution and it also felt like this was only visible to me and not others. The smoke was definitely harmful. The tower on the far left was wider, red and white, and it had the most smoke rising from it. This observation was kept to myself.

Then some people visited the salvage yard. My ex-friend began tearing apart the dashboard as the two people who were visiting stood to the side. I began helping him but not knowing why. We were both seated in the front seat and were taking apart, with our hands, the dashboard right in front of the passenger seat, where a glove box would be. There was no glove box. It turned out the two people visiting wanted to buy something.

Then an ex girlfriend visited. She was sitting on the patio. It was chilly but serious between us, we didn't have much to say, but we said a few unremembered words.

Then many of the cars in the backyard somehow flipped over upside down without me seeing it and were spinning on the roofs. Spinning on their own. Upon waking it felt as if this was symbolic of the auto industry going to crash again. Of course these symbols could mean other things besides the initial impressions.

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,625 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

There were a lot of personal references (former friends), topical references (the NSA mess) and realistic environmental features (cell towers and junk yard). If it actually is a personal current events dream, then somebody who doesn't know you at all mightn't be able to be much help.

However, when I got the end of your post, I came away with a dominant impression of a well-known dream motif, the Wasteland. The term is searchable, both as one noun and two (waste land), the latter also being the title of an Eliot poem, from which the motif gets its name.

http://www.bartleby.com/201/1.html

The poet's Notes that follow the poem acknowledge that he got the idea from an Arthurian source, and also from rituals in  The Golden Bough. While I wouldn't take everything in the notes completely seriously, you might find them interesting. The poem itself is a gem.

On the chance that this is a motif dream, you might want to record in s much detail as possible what you dreamt. Sometimes, with that kind of dream, you find yourself thinking of the dream years later, in which case, you will be glad to have a memory refresher for the details.

The Wasteland dream motif is very general in reference: the cost of living inauthentically. For example, someone might be concerned about doing something they don't actually want to do, but they do it anyway because they feel that it is the expected or proper thing to do for other reasons, such as right for somebody in their position, or somebody else, other than them, thinks it's a good idea. These aren't "bad" reasons, but they are not the person's reasons.

It is possible, of course, that you are the person, but not necessarily. You might be thinking about this in connection with a loved one, for example, or even a country, as you mentioned.

Edited by eight bits, 22 June 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#3    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

Will read this very long poem eventually. The notes are interesting but are a study in themselves which is awesome.

Authenticity is not something that came to mind but I can see elements of it now.

Thank you eight bits, your knowledge is always appreciated and quite valuable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users