Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

pet tales

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Your dealing with the alpha male in your area.  For some reason he hasn't accepted your cats as part of his group.  And no it isn't because their house cats but it might have soething to do with it.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

View Postdanielost, on 11 July 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Your dealing with the alpha male in your area.  For some reason he hasn't accepted your cats as part of his group.  And no it isn't because their house cats but it might have something to do with it.

Thing is,there are no other cats in the area apart from my two, their friend, a little black tom cat called Budwiser, and the bully...That's about it.. This bully looks really old, and shabby...He lives in the big house across the road from me....He just likes to dominate, like he is the only cat around...

These past few days have worried me some... The little black cat that is forever coming to our garden and playing with Wallie, he hasn't been seen....I fear something has happened to him...I just hope that bully of a cat didn't scare him off for good..

A few weeks ago, Gary and I were just sitting out in the garden and Wallie was laying sprawled across the table outside...We heard this constant growling from a cat, and a bit of meowing like there was a fight.. Walllie jumped down, tail bushed and ran into the bushes to were the growling was...It got worse, you could hear a big fight going on...Gary ran down because he had a feeling our two cats were in trouble... He chased the big bully cat and shooed it away, and it ran off....In a matter of moments, both Wallie and his sister came out and went straight over to Gary, rubbing their heads around him purring...It was as if to say - Thank you...They both followed Gary back up the garden and ran into the house....

When that big nasty cat is not around, our cats and their friend have fun, it's comical watching them play...We have a large trampoline at the bottom of the garden, and Wallie and his friend Budwiser climb on it, not to bounce  ( obviously lol ) but they chases each other around it, and sometimes they both sleep on it..!!!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

When my cat dude became the alpha male, he ran off his little gray cat.  Dude is/was huge, the alpha male when dude was wo wouldn't mess with him.

One day that alpha male wasdoing his rounds, he had a puppy with him.  This puppywouldrun a head of the cat and back. Like a puppy walking off leash with a human.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

This is a sad kitty tail.

One of momma kitties, little girls had a liter outside someplace.  One of them died.  She brought it into me.  But, I was sleeping when I woke up. She had put the kitten near my head.  I thought it was a rat, so I threw it on tge floor. When I relized what was goijng on.  She had moved it.  She buried under my bed.  That was the last time I saw her.  I think she wanted me to bring the kitten back.

#20    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

This is a cat story, but not about one of my cats.

I was stting outside my gfs apartment waiting for her.  I noticed a couple of cats walking by.  Thinking that they wouldn't cme over when I called to them.  But, they came over and sat with me.  The tomcat sure loved to be petted.  But, everytime I tried to pet his lady, he would growl.  But, he kept on purring too.  I guess he thought I was a rival for her.

#21    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Cats hearing is amazing..  I keep our cats food in a cupboard under the sink... I can go into the kitchen, cats nowhere to be seen, and I quietly open the cupboard door, pull out the pouches of food, and quietly close the door again... Within seconds, I turn, and BOTH cats are sitting at my feet with their eyes half shut, waiting for me to open their food pouches and dish it out...

Same thing, if we open the cupboard which contains the cat food their ears prick and come running. But if we open the cupboard in the hallway, the one where the vacuum monster lives. They immediately stand up and wait to hear if we grab something harmless out of the cupboard or the dreaded vacuum.

Edited by DKO, 29 July 2013 - 04:00 AM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostDKO, on 29 July 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Same thing, if we open the cupboard which contains the cat food their ears prick and come running. But if we open the cupboard in the hallway, the one where the vacuum monster lives. They immediately stand up and wait to hear if we grab something harmless out of the cupboard or the dreaded vacuum.

Our two cats run a mile from the vacuum cleaner and my hair dryer....

Well, today was a bit interesting...  My 14 month old baby boy ( Aaron ) likes to watch me in the kitchen... One of the things he watches closely is - Me taking things to and fro the fridge... Another is when I reach for the cats feeding dish and feed the two cats...   Today he was in the kitchen again with me, I opened the cupboard door to get the cat food out, I turned, and he reached up for the cat bowl...He walked over to their usual feeding spot, and set the cats bowl down for them to come and eat..
I was amazed how he knew what to do and where to place the bowls... Just at that, I went on to do something else, within a moment, I turned around, and there was Misty looking up at me as if to say - " Please stop him, he is trying to eat my food"......There was Aaron squatting down, leaning over, copying the cats and trying to eat with them ..I had to pull him away and clean him up, then Misty went back to finish her food... Normally Aaron wouldn't attempt to go near their food, he usually  just likes to watch them....   Babies like to mimic others around them, and by the looks of it, mimic the pets too  lol

In a way I saw it as karma ..The cats are forever coming over if they see us eat, and they sit pawing you to give them some.. Today they got a taste of their own medicine  lol :P

From here on though, I cannot let him near their food....

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 31 July 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#23    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

There is a video that animal planet showed, it was a cat sitting on one of those robot vacs. He was making sure no one, including the dog got in the way of the vac.

I saw dude attack the cat next door once. The cat was in a window looking at the world.  Dude had to climb on top of a chain linked fence to do the attack.  It was a good ten foot leap.  Then he had to scramble out of the yard because the dogs were coming to see what the screaching was about.

Edited by danielost, 31 July 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#24    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Today around 4pm or so, Misty  ( my tabby ) was in scrounging for food... Her brother wasn't around, so I thought ok I'll feed you and then you are back outside again..

After an hour had passed, Misty had wormed her way back in with her brother.... I knew Wallie needed fed, but there was no way I was going to feed his greedy sister again, she'd only ate her food an hour ago... So, I dish out Wallies food and Misty tries to sneak her head over his bowl..Wallie hisses at her, and with his paw, smacks her on the nose lol

I saw this, and put Misty outside and for some odd reason I said - "And this time STAY out " lol

Within a matter of moments, I turned and there she was laying on the floor in our dinning room, as if to say  HA can't put me out look at me now !! ...I had put her out the back door, she ran around the side of the house and hoped in through the living room window...The sneaky bugger !

So, I put her out the front door and closed the living room window... Within 2 mins I went in to see if Wallie had finished his food, and low and behold, there was Misty over at his bowl, trying to lick it clean.. She had hoped in through the kitchen window...

She is like a boomerang, keep throwing her out and she bounces back in.. :P

Those two cats of mine are greedy, they usually do want fed within an hour after they had eaten... If they had their way, they would get fed at least 6 times a day...Or more...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 01 August 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I put both cats out last night, they love to get out at night to wonder around..

Usually they both come home in the morning looking fed... Sometimes they come home a bit later in around 11.30 - 12 noon but never any later than that...

This morning I never saw either of the two cats come looking their grub... A little later into the afternoon, Wallie comes up but no sign of his sister Misty...

Most of the day has already past, it is now into the evening, and no sign of Misty.. She has never ran off before, she usually stays within the grounds with her brother...

Gary has looked up and down the main road we live on to see if maybe she was hit by a car?  But no joy, he can't seem to see her...We have called her several times and not a sign... She never turns away from being fed.. In fact, if anything, she would be around the house more often than her brother, she expects us to feed her more than Wallie too lol...

I am a bit worried though, I would like to see her perched on my kitchen window ledge, with her paw scratching the glass looking in.

Should I be worried?..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 04 August 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#26    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

First it is joyful that she didn't get run over.  I don't know if she is fixed maybe. If she isn't she may be spending time with the bully or the black tom cat.

#27    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postdanielost, on 04 August 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

First it is joyful that she didn't get run over.  I don't know if she is fixed maybe. If she isn't she may be spending time with the bully or the black tom cat.

Both her and her brother were fixed over a year ago... She turned up an hour ago ( just before midnight ) she was starving, so I gave her extra food.. She doesn't look hurt or anything, so I don't know what she was doing to keep her away for the entire day?  ..

Right now as I post, she is tapping my leg, I think she wants more food, well, she can think again, I have given her extra,  I was glad to see her on the kitchen window ledge.. I guess if anything bad had of happened to her, her brother would have acted strangely....  

He did this before when she was a bit younger, she had climbed up a big tree out our back yard and was looking to get down again... Wallie came over to us and meowed loudly, and as he did this, he was leading us down the garden over to the tree, he kept stopping and turning to see if we will follow him?   We got down to the tree and there she was crying looking down.. He went up the tree to her.. It was touching, he was looking us to help his sister down...Gary got his ladders out and eventually helped her down... Wasn't long before she went back up   * shakes head *  lol

#28    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

When I was seven we had a cat and dog.  They were always getting into fights. One day a german sheperd jumped my dog, the cat came running an jumped right into the middle of the fight. The shepred was soon running down the street tail between his legs.
My dog was just a mut.

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postdanielost, on 05 August 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

When I was seven we had a cat and dog.  They were always getting into fights. One day a german sheperd jumped my dog, the cat came running an jumped right into the middle of the fight. The shepred was soon running down the street tail between his legs.
My dog was just a mut.

They were raised together, that is why they stand up for one and other... They don't look at each other as being different...

Mongrel dogs  ( some call mix breeds ) are often looked upon as being rather smart... Some dog lovers would say the mongrel is a better dog...

#30    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

I have a dog called Captain Jack Daniel Harkness. He barks at the rain and thunder, not really sure why. He also lets the cat beat him up on a regular basis

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users