Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

nine races should become one

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 21 June 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I agree we all should get along but the human predisposition for an "us and them" mentality means we end up fighting over things including skin color when in truth it only means the amount of melanin in your skin.

Again, skin colour is the least significant trait when assessing ancestry (race). Here's a video lecture I found from the National Forensic Science Technology Center, which is funded by the Dept. of Justice. The lecturers in the video work closely with the medical examiners office. This is real science, not cultural anthropology. No matter if it's a case before the medical examiners office, a trial court or a physical anthropologist examining a 2000 year old skeleton, ancestral (race) identification is real and important scientific work.

Edited by redhen, 01 July 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#47    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

View Postredhen, on 01 July 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Again, skin colour is the least significant trait when assessing ancestry (race). Here's a video lecture I found from the National Forensic Science Technology Center, which is funded by the Dept. of Justice. The lecturers in the video work closely with the medical examiners office. This is real science, not cultural anthropology. No matter if it's a case before the medical examiners office, a trial court or a physical anthropologist examining a 2000 year old skeleton, ancestral (race) identification is real and important scientific work.

I get what you are saying but in context of people delineating the worth of a person by their skin color still goes on today. Also race in the historical vernacular meant supposedly different "strains" or "breed" of human so that some were then considered undesirable characteristics could then be labeled somehow as less than white Europeans. It sadly still goes on in some places but "race" under that archaic notion is false and DNA proves we are all humans and homosapien.

Edited by darkmoonlady, 01 July 2013 - 05:47 AM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#48    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 01 July 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

I get what you are saying but in context of people delineating the worth of a person by their skin color still goes on today.

Right, but that doesn't mean race, or ancestry if you will, doesn't exist.

"race" under that archaic notion is false and DNA proves we are all humans and homosapien.

Actually, recent genetics has shown that some modern populations share 1-3% of their DNA with Neanderthals and Denisovans. Modern genetics is actually better than physical anthropology in discerning race. There is a whole industry now that provides cheap ancestral DNA assessments defined by haplogroups.

Of course the cultural connotations are still with us and that's exemplified by the confusion in the U.S. Census forms as shown in the video lecture I linked too. "Hispanic" particularly vexes the U.S. Census Bureau. :)

#49    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Postdanielost, on 21 June 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews.  They were the biggest threats to the jews in the twenteth century.

I don´t know what dank place you pulled that claim from.

Hitler was brought up Catholic, but later sympathized with islam and pagan mysticism.
Stalin was brought up Russian orthodox, but later was a strong atheist.

What the heck does Judaism have to do with anything here?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#50    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

View Postdanielost, on 21 June 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

You forget hitler and stalin, both were jews.  They were the biggest threats to the jews in the twenteth century.

Sorry to disappoint you, but science says otherwise;

"Joseph Stalin, from a genetic test on his grandson (his son Vasily's son, Alexander Burdonsky) and his grand-nephew, is shown to be Y-DNA-wise of G2a1"

"Hitler is believed to belong to Y-DNA Haplogroup E1b1b1 (E-M35), an haplogroup which originated in East Africa about 22,400 years BP"

"no less than 9% of the populations of Germany and Austria belong to the haplogroup E1b1b, and among those, the vast majority - about 80% -are not associated with Jewish ancestry. "This data clearly show that just because one person belongs to the branch of the Y-chromosome referred to as haplogroup E1b1b, that does not mean the person is likely to be of Jewish ancestry," said Professor Hammer."

#51    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

A lot of people don't like South Park but they had a good episode similar to this topic, with religion not race. This guy thought if religion ended all wars would end too. Then one character goes into the future where that guys dream had come true, everyone was atheist. But the people had divided into three different atheist groups that viewed logic differently and went to war over these differences.

Nothing had changed.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#52    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,527 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Your right about skn color being used to show race.  When I was in job core I had a friend, who was full blooded indian.  She made me look red.  She said people mistook her for spanish.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#53    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

View Postredhen, on 01 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but science says otherwise;

"Joseph Stalin, from a genetic test on his grandson (his son Vasily's son, Alexander Burdonsky) and his grand-nephew, is shown to be Y-DNA-wise of G2a1"

"Hitler is believed to belong to Y-DNA Haplogroup E1b1b1 (E-M35), an haplogroup which originated in East Africa about 22,400 years BP"

"no less than 9% of the populations of Germany and Austria belong to the haplogroup E1b1b, and among those, the vast majority - about 80% -are not associated with Jewish ancestry. "This data clearly show that just because one person belongs to the branch of the Y-chromosome referred to as haplogroup E1b1b, that does not mean the person is likely to be of Jewish ancestry," said Professor Hammer."

That's true. Not all carriers of E3b are Jews, but a lot of them are. A better indicator would be J. As for Adolf Hitler, there's an old saw that he's the product of a tryst between Rothschild and "Mrs. Hitler" when she worked as a maid in his home.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#54    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,527 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

I know that hitler changed his last name to hide his ancestery.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#55    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postdanielost, on 03 July 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I know that hitler changed his last name to hide his ancestery.

Not true. The only thing we can say about Hitler is he couldn't pass his own standard for racial purity because he didn't know one of his grandfathers and couldn't prove that he wasn't Jewish. Of course there have always been different standards for the ruling class and the masses.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#56    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,527 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

He was also not blonde or blue eyed.

#57    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,165 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

View Postdanielost, on 03 July 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

He was also not blonde or blue eyed.

As well as the vast majority of the riech.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users