Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

obama dictater?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Simple fact of the matter is Obama was a step up from bush and was a no brainer when it came to  Mitt Romney.  If someone better came along then awesome, but right now he's the best you got.

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,534 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Its kinda sad that so many Americans find themselves never happy with whoever wins an election.

#18    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,655 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Its kinda sad that so many Americans find themselves never happy with whoever wins an election.

lol

Its not saaad bro.  Its reality.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#19    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

It makes me sick that some peopled voted for him and got him for a second term .
Yes he is a dictator .and we are paying the price

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,534 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

"Some people" was a majority.  There is no way to know how many did so holding their nose.  A "none of the above" options is something the political system will never allow.

#21    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Merton I agree with both your points buddy lol.  If our prime minister election had none of the above, I think every person in Australia right now would check it.

#22    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,361 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postdanielost, on 19 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Let's see, people or groups being targeted because they speak against you or having an enemy of the state list or controlling communication.

By the way, I have always spoken against the patriot act.  It gives the government way to much power.  According to the gent who wrote it obama has taken it deeper down that black hole of government power.
Ceaser got rid of the Government...he only wanted power for himself

#23    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostBeany, on 19 June 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

And how many times has Congress voted to renew the Patriot Act? And which members voted for it most recently? It'a all available on the web. I voted for Obama in part because he promised to get us out of Iraq & Afghanistan, because he was and is pro-choice, because he believes in healthcare for everyone, not just the wealthy. I worked for years at the Welfare Dept. and know from first-hand experience what can happen to a family when there's a catastrophic illness or injury. He repealed "don't ask, don't tell," increased support for our vets, who have been treated shamefully by Congress, supports stem cell research, and signed the Lily Ledbetter act,and is environmentally conscious.

Want people off welfare? Pay them a living wage and give them benefits that many other workers enjoy. Or at least employ them for more than 30 hours a week. IMO, the taxpayers are subsidizing labor costs and health care for corporations, which allows big businesses to make a greater profit. And, hey, what about eliminating those corporate tax loopholes? Geez, don't get me started. Oops, too late!

Getting a job any job pays more than ssi or welfare does.

I agree with the loopholes.  How ever I think we should have a flat income tax, no write offs.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 June 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Ceaser got rid of the Government...he only wanted power for himself

Ceaser grabed power, because of corruption.  The senate remand they just didn't have much say.  Short of killing an emperer.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 19 June 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Simple fact of the matter is Obama was a step up from bush and was a no brainer when it came to  Mitt Romney.  If someone better came along then awesome, but right now he's the best you got.

To bad the democrats didn't give you a choice this time.  Since it worked so well, I can see the only dem. on the 2016 balot will be hillary. If she survives bengazi.p

#26    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,035 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

A dictator (Latin from dictare, to order, to command) is the one who calls the shots. We have somebody who has Congress dancing on his nose.
That is hardly a dictator.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#27    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 6,773 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 19 June 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

I never said I was for the patriot act, I think it's pretty extreme.  But it just boggles my mind at how American's must always have something to fight.  If you aren't careful, you will end up with someone worse than Romney was.

We did.

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

"Some people" was a majority.  There is no way to know how many did so holding their nose.  A "none of the above" options is something the political system will never allow.

Not exactly. I don't have to place a vote when I go to vote. Well, I'm not sure about the presidency but when it came to all the other state choices I most definitely in at least one instance chose 'no vote'. My choice was only a democrat for that particular position and I sure as hell didn't giver her my recommendation. I chose several libertarians over any others and only went republican when they were vs. a democrat only except the presidency because I wanted Obama gone sooooooooooo bad.

Posted Image

#28    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

In the states some people write in micky mouse, or donald duck.  I wonder what they would do if one of these writeins won.

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 June 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

A dictator (Latin from dictare, to order, to command) is the one who calls the shots. We have somebody who has Congress dancing on his nose.
That is hardly a dictator.

Obama ignores congress if he feels it won't pass the house.  For instance he has asked the irs to come up with new fines for companies an d states that don't comply with obama care.  Congress is the only body who can in act a tax.  I guess obama forgot that.

#30    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,035 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postdanielost, on 19 June 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Obama ignores congress if he feels it won't pass the house.  For instance he has asked the irs to come up with new fines for companies an d states that don't comply with obama care.  Congress is the only body who can in act a tax.  I guess obama forgot that.

All within the laws Congress has passed previously, so your problem with that is...?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users