Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Time traveller from 1920? must see!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Okay i like retro pictures and i am fascinated by colour photos from 100 years ago
there are many of them
and no they arent fake, they are verified and genuine.
Some were actual colour, and some were added colour later through a `colour filter method`.

I am sure some of these amazing glimpses into the past photos warrant their own thread.. HOWEVER, that is not the thread purpose.

i came across THIS

http://www.retronaut...is-in-colour-2/

If you go down to the15th photo down of the three women sitting at a market and a couple of women standing behind them

The woman sitting down 3rd from right

Does it not look like she is texting into one of those flip cellphones?

However the photo is from 1920?

I know it may sound exagurated, but how many little devices did they have of that shape that could be hold that way did they have in 1920? a mini type writter? i dont think so..

Anyway your thoughts

time traveller
Uploaded 19 Jun 2013 - 17:22

Edited by eley, 19 June 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#2    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,059 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

What makes you think she has a "little device" in her hands?  You can't make any detail out.  She could be sewing stitches in a hat for all we know.

Good luck to her trying to send a text message from a cellphone without any cell towers and cell network.

Edited by JesseCuster, 19 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

That's an IPad Mini.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,059 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

On further inspection, there's no sign to me that there's anything in her hands. Certainly no sign of anything resembling a flip phone.

Posted Image

Edited by JesseCuster, 19 June 2013 - 05:50 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#5    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Posteley, on 19 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Anyway your thoughts

My thoughts are "should I consider this a troll post so I can get on with my day?"

C'mon - she has her hands in her lap, that's it. What makes you think there's something there at all? I've seen much better candidates for "time-traveler" photos...

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#6    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

One cannot really determine if she even has anything in her hands.  Looking at those crates, the contents almost look like mussels, and if so, it is more plausible that she may be in the process of cutting the adductor muscle or trimming the beard off.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#7    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,433 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thats quite a stretch you make there. The picture is titled Vendeuses aux Halles - 1920 which translates to Vendors at Les Halles - 1920. Looks to me like she is shucking mussels from those big boxes of mussels in front of her.

Edit to add: lol took me to long to hit post. Looks like Insanity sees the exact same thing I do

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 19 June 2013 - 05:57 PM.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#8    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

I disagree with SweetPumper. If she is a interstellar time-traveller it would have to be a Galaxy, surely ?

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ive just wasted another whole minute of my life... :no:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Posteley, on 19 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Anyway your thoughts

here, as you like the time travel thing, spend some time investigating this REAL time traveler who appeared from nowhere, and in a few weeks made 350 million on stock exchange, (starting with $800 only) gets arrested by FBI for poss insider trading, he explains patiently he is a time traveler and so knew just when to invest, gets bailed, and then vanished back to where he come from.

Research it carefully and come back and share your findings?

wiki says, (amongst other things) :

"Andrew Carlssin  was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft."

Posted Image

:yes: :innocent: ;)

Edited by seeder, 19 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,122 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's completely obvious to me that she is completely enthralled in a game of 'Candy Crush'.

View PostJesseCuster, on 19 June 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 19 June 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

On further inspection, there's no sign to me that there's anything in her hands. Certainly no sign of anything resembling a flip phone.

Posted Image

She could have been simply inspecting a bogey she just pulled out of her nose too...  :w00t:

#13    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Not a troll thread

the part i`m referring to that looks like a phone is this

in front of her hand looks like a little flip screen

Posted Image

#14    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

here, as you like the time travel thing, spend some time investigating this REAL time traveler who appeared from nowhere, and in a few weeks made 350 million on stock exchange, (starting with $800 only) gets arrested by FBI for poss insider trading, he explains patiently he is a time traveler and so knew just when to invest, gets bailed, and then vanished back to where he come from.

Research it carefully and come back and share your findings?

wiki says, (amongst other things) :

"Andrew Carlssin  was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft."

Posted Image

:yes: :innocent: ;)

wow, first of all i did not say my pic was definatly a time traveler it was more of a question
if there is a logical explanation for my photo thats fine no big deal

anyway the case you have linked to looks fascinating is it a genuine case do you know anything else on it

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Eley I'd like to welcome you to UM.  I took your post to be a light hearted attempt at exploring something you thought MIGHT be mysterious - which of course is mostly what we are about here.  Sorry you got gut shot and trampled for your trouble.  It happens sometimes :)  Keep coming back and post up some good ones!

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users