Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Golden Age of Mankind

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

That's exactly what the UN said -- population is expected to stabilize on a world-wide basis in about 50 years.  By the way, this prediction has been trending downward.

#62    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 8,026 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

That's exactly what the UN said -- population is expected to stabilize on a world-wide basis in about 50 years.  By the way, this prediction has been trending downward.

Again, that is not what the article states. The projection of 10 Billion is for the year 2100, that's not 50 years. and it will continue to increase as they revise their estimates as they have done a number of times.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#63    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

I might add something not exactly pertinent but still illuminating.  The Chinese today are faced with a garguantian demographic problem -- the population is aging very fast, and very soon the elderly will outnumber the productive young.  Japan is already in this state, but they can afford it better as they have greater wealth.  

There is a fine line between stopping population growth right away and facing this sort of development (which would mean the bankruptcy of social security in the States) and having the rate of growth taper off more slowly, as countries like India and Vietnam are trying to do.

It means more people in the end, but also a more productive balance between young and old.

You are looking only at the top estimates, not the most likely estimates.  Even then I wonder, can you read?

#64    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Where is this rule?  My opinion is if you think someone is wrong regarding a factual statement, you have the burden.

It is the unwritten rule of the internet. Contact Bill Gates for the book unwritten of rules.

Thank you, my friend.
What I got from those graphs:

I think giving women access to birth control populations will regulate themselves.  Nobody wants to have more kids than you can feed. You could buy a house on the beach twice over for what it cost to feed and care for one kid.   House on the beach or kid... think hard...

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#65    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,026 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

I might add something not exactly pertinent but still illuminating.  The Chinese today are faced with a garguantian demographic problem -- the population is aging very fast, and very soon the elderly will outnumber the productive young.  Japan is already in this state, but they can afford it better as they have greater wealth.  

There is a fine line between stopping population growth right away and facing this sort of development (which would mean the bankruptcy of social security in the States) and having the rate of growth taper off more slowly, as countries like India and Vietnam are trying to do.

It means more people in the end, but also a more productive balance between young and old.

You are looking only at the top estimates, not the most likely estimates.  Even then I wonder, can you read?

Yes I can read....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who is being liberal in their estimates?

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#66    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Very selective of you.  After 2050??

Look, I feel you think I'm stupid to fall for that sort of trick.  What your chart shows is declining growth, like I said.  It stabilized by 2075, (or in about 50 years).

#67    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Very selective of you.  After 2050??

Look, I feel you think I'm stupid to fall for that sort of trick.  What your chart shows is declining growth, like I said.  It stabilized by 2075, (or in about 50 years).

Oh do you actually see the downward trend on any of those graphs?

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#68    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

I give up

#69    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I give up

Oh don't it just starting to get interesting...

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#70    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 3,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

View Postredhen, on 22 June 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

I agree. This was/is what the League of Nations and U.N. are for. But these will never work with such divided interests. How 'bout a one world government?

- cue the conspiracy theories

I believe we are headed for a one world Govt or rather a New World Order but it won't be controlled by a Bilderberg-like enterprise, run by an elite human population formed by Annunaki descedants controlled by aliens from Zeta Reticuli.

It would be more like a democratic Govt on a world wide scale, all cooperating as a League of Nations.  Similar to the EU.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#71    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

A single world government will probably evolve, if for no other reason than to regulate world enterprise and international banks and corporations.  Other world problems like global pollution and drug trafficking and the spread of nuclear weapons and pandemics all seem to call for such an approach.

Its development seems to be happening through the development of systems of international treaties, and may remain loose and flexible that way.

Personally I would like to see the existing larger nations broken up into smaller pieces, perhaps city-states emulating Singapore and Hong Kong.  These seem, when left alone, to have the best governments.

#72    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostJor-el, on 22 June 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Oh don't it just starting to get interesting...
No, it started to get tiresome.  It was at the point where you were asserting things that just were not in the data, and ignoring reality.

#73    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 June 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

A single world government will probably evolve, if for no other reason than to regulate world enterprise and international banks and corporations.  Other world problems like global pollution and drug trafficking and the spread of nuclear weapons and pandemics all seem to call for such an approach.

Its development seems to be happening through the development of systems of international treaties, and may remain loose and flexible that way.

Personally I would like to see the existing larger nations broken up into smaller pieces, perhaps city-states emulating Singapore and Hong Kong.  These seem, when left alone, to have the best governments.

I have to concur with this.  As long as we are talking about self government while maintaining the rights of all to live a happy full filling life. The UN has a great bill of rights, now it we could get governments to implement and support it.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#74    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,314 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

longing ... what is it that we long for ?

`

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#75    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,026 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 June 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

No, it started to get tiresome.  It was at the point where you were asserting things that just were not in the data, and ignoring reality.

The reality will be when we actually get there and assert that the "projections" were within the limits of tolerance or whether they missed by a mile...

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users