Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Four Reasons I Think Jesus Really Existed

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61    absols

absols

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

everyone dies so in abstract terms the zombi that seem to b for few days more then it was thought, didnt rise from death

that is why all life is an illusion so who knows its ways is the evil will that mean to fool others rights and turn them to slaves possessed

life is the creation of possible destructions

wat is falling is possessed to fake life from powers over it

that is how who means to save u is the same that mean to kill u

which is absurd

in truth any is absolutely that is why existence truth is about freedom that cant happen but individually, u cant mean nor do a thing and its opposite unless u r a liar leaning on else abuses and never free

#62    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

a little known thing i will share..

when Jesus was resurrected after his death others were too!, this is very often forgotten a great many were also resurrected at the same time and appeared to many.

The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

i can only state that for me and my understanding that the resurrection was spiritual, Thomas suggested this, Jesus asking him to poke the flesh , IMO  what followed was a redaction. I will also state the Mary did not recognize Jesus and thought he was the gardener...the others who were resurrected at the same time a quietly forgotten in most teachings and never spoken about..

Saint Paul gives somewhat a clue here also:
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

the question is if we believe a physical body can enter the spirit world ( non-corporeal world) ?? can flesh enter the spirit world?? can it!? no way..and what of the others who were also resurrected at the same time??

This is why i have respect for the Atheists somewhat, because what your asked to believe is strange  .

A good point made earlier was about the ' virgin birth"..IMO ( and please note this is only a opinion) Jesus father was Zechariah, father of John the baptist, who mother was also a cousin of Mary called Mary,  the virgin birth was stated to hide it somewhat,  Zechariah was the chief priest, therefore his sperm was slightly more holy..( im trying to say this plainly), this makes Jesus and John the baptist half brothers, in part IMO this is why John did not follow Jesus, he was a little resentful, and even after he was told who Jesus was " this is my Son' at the end of his life whilst in prison,  sent his messengers to ask " are you the one who is to come or shall we expect another' the reply from Jesus " happy are those who take no offense at me/ have no doubts in me" , i believe this is because Jesus was often around sinners and this caused  John to doubt him even more..I also believe it was John who was intended to be head disciple not Simon Peter, i also believe that John the baptist  was Elijah! as Jesus stated " if you will accept it he is Elijah"  & " I tell you Elijah did come!"  , and that he ( Elijah)  was meant to prepare a people to receive Jesus, instead Jesus had to find his own followers and disciples from fishermen, that these disciples were not well trained theologians and often had to ask Jesus questions when they were confronted by the learned in town, having to ask Jesus   things like " why do they say Elijah must come first?"

I state Jesus was the Son of God, but found no faith, was betrayed, requiring the spirit that worked through Jesus to have to come again in the  " Lord of the Second Advent"..

also the idea that the Holy spirit is male is confusing, IMO ( once again this is only my opinion) the holy spirit is the Female part of God, SHE entered Mary to give birth to her Son, then left,  there's a few passages where Mary is somewhat embarrassed by Jesus teaching, and Jesus says " who is my mother, who are my brothers, only those who did the will of my father"

in closing i will ask the reader to remember what it takes to worthy of Jesus?  and bring a reference to this passage about the end times ( end of the fallen world)
" Many will say to me in that day "lord, lord, have we not cast out many demons and done great wonders in your name", and i shall say to them " depart from me you workers of inequity, i was never known to you!"

i will not say more in this thread, what has been offered will already cause some offense ( only my opinion) because its different to what the others will tell you.. Jesus is my King,my lords life was sad, he never celebrated a birthday because his life was a offering, he was betrayed by everybody.. the true path is rocky, narrow, and the lions are always waiting to devour somebody. Take care.

#63    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have no problem with the apparent conflict between the teaching of the virgin birth and the idea that Joseph son of Zechariah was Jesus' father.  Joseph was engaged to Mary at the time of the conception, and decided to accept the child as his.  This is not unusual, and the adoption would be counted as descent.

There are some discrepancies in the reported descent from David, something that clues us that part of it was invented.  By this point in time these descents were forgotten.

The basic idea that Jesus had to be the literal "Son of God," in the sense that he was parented by a deity, seems to have derived from similar claims made of quite a few ancients, such as Alexander and Caesar and almost all of the noble families or Rome and the Monarchic families of the Hellenistic kingdoms.  It is of course a primitive idea that does not show well of Christian philosophy and raises all sorts of problems regarding how such a child could have had a childhood.

#64    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,715 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 26 June 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

It takes far more than "charisma" to make people believe that you're Divine, especially when you start telling the story second and third hand. Stories about someone have no "charisma." It's just a story at that point, and you don't teach charisma to someone. They either have it, or they don't.,

What display of power would you need to see to make you believe in Divinity? A dead relative whose body had started to decompose, coming back to life, perhaps? That would do it for me.
If that guy said, I'll raise you up the same way. I'd believe Him. That's far beyond charisma, and I believe that story.
You take the Bible at face value-fair enough.  IMO it is a grain of truth that was taken and blown out of proportion along with all other mythology.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#65    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

If some writing is big enough, it is bound to hit the truth occasionally, if only by accident.

#66    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,669 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

Jesus may very well have existed. What he was or represented, I can't say. Even, if true, I just don't see what bearing that has on my life.

#67    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,336 posts

• ראה

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 27 June 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

You take the Bible at face value-fair enough.  IMO it is a grain of truth that was taken and blown out of proportion along with all other mythology.
I believe in stories told by the campfire, written down so they wouldn't be forgotten.

What is death, without a memory of it? What is life, without death to remind us of that memory?

Life and death are no myth.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#68    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostYamato, on 20 June 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Last week we watched 'The Last Temptation of Christ' for the first time which is now 25 years old (the book 28 years older than that) and I was floored.  I can understand why it was so controversial, especially 25 years ago.  It's aged really well too and I can't remember another movie I've seen in the past year that's had me thinking about it so much the day after.
Heartily agree, it is a much better and more poignant offering than Mel Gibson's more recent offering.  I never understood the controversy it was a part of it's brilliance that it pointed out what Jesus truly sacrificed, the same things we take for granted in our own lives.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#69    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,822 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 June 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Nothing, nothing and more nothing.

Wouldn't it be more wise to hear him out first?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#70    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,822 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 June 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Jesus may very well have existed. What he was or represented, I can't say. Even, if true, I just don't see what bearing that has on my life.

And what if everything the Bible says about Him is true?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#71    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,124 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be more wise to hear him out first?
Wise? No, I don't expect a response from a character whose authors are long dead.

#72    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,260 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

And what if everything the Bible says about Him is true?
Speculation contrary to fact.

#73    UrantianX

UrantianX

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• '... why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact?...'

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostDoug1o29, on 25 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

The solar eclipse that created the "great darkness" mentioned in the gospels occurred on March 22, 33 AD.  The gospels also say that Jesus was executed on Passover, which was on April 3 that year.  So Jesus was executed either on March 22, 33 AD or April 3, 33 AD, if one is to believe the gospels.  Any other date has to include an explanation of what caused the "great darkness."

With all due respect to Urantia, I am pursuing a scholarly approach to this.  Urantia is a fantasy.
Doug
With all your due respect, Urantia is scholarly in a few topics, and gives an extraordinary account of the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. This is what the Urantia Revelation says about itself:

(1008.2)92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

And this is one of the print books it looks like :).

Posted Image

LuisMarco, 29, Mexico City

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users