Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death Penalty for Serious Polluters in China

polluters china death penalty polltion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

And in America, you just plan to pollute and pay the fine, and work it right into the budget.  While the death penalty is going too far, perhaps a nice prison term for those who give the order to destroy the environment for fun and profit?  Sadly, since many of the worst offenders get presidents and members of Congress elected, I doubt we'll see any real punishment stateside.

#17    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

A massive fine might be more in line with the time in which we are living. Death penalty is a little over the top, however I'm glad the most polluted place on earth will begin cleaning up after itself.

#18    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Come over to Africa and see how they are desecrating the land, we need severe penalties here too but no one cares.

Posted Image

#19    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,678 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Does anyone remember when this one company in China was caught using lead paint on kids toys.  Didn't China shoot the head of the company.

I think we should go back to using returnable bottles, milk cartons, sodas, beer.  We are a throw away society and that also need to change.  Its not just the big companies although when they pollute they usually do a better job it and become rich doing it.

#20    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,888 posts

• A belief should be freely chosen or not chosen, not demanded or ordered nor come should it come at the end of a fist or rifle.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Sometimes I think this "death penalty" thing for polluters is simply a cheap way to dodge the bullet (no pun intended) for failing to address an issue before it became such a huge ordeal.

Since some countries do not have the same environmental protections and laws, many of our companies have their operations there so they don't have to comply with pollution laws, safety laws and so on.
Murdering others and claiming it to be "righteous" accomplishes nothing except to divert attentions away from the officials who apparently knew of the pollution issues but sat on their hands and when it became to large and severe to ignore, they go and kill a CEO then proudly claim they are doing their job.

Pollution is not just a "China" issue or a "Africa" or India" issue..it is an "EVERYWHERE" issue. Pointing fingers while ignoring our own self created filth won't solve anything.

Ok...rant over.

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,759 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

I have to think that executing polluters is a bit melodramatic and not really anything more than an attempt to convince people to take it seriously.

Also tagged with polluters, china, death penalty, polltion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users