Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 2 votes

How to see ghosts

ghosts

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    greywolfe

greywolfe

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male

  • There are just as many ghosts of the living as there are of the dead.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Everyone's brain focuses on images received by the eye. Normally all of our attention is given to the object at which we are directly looking. With practice it is possible to concentrate on images that are coming in from the corner of ones eyes. To develop this skill try walking along a road gazing at a distant object straight ahead. Then without moving your eyes from that object try to concentrate on images coming in from your peripheral vision. I was very surprised to discover what you can learn from objects that your not actually looking at. It's amazing how your mind tunes out the object at which your eyes are directed and tunes into details from objects elsewhere.
This is one technique that can be used to see ghosts.



#2    scowl

scowl

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 4,111 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yes, it's amazing how your brain will turn any bit of light into a ghost if you don't look at it directly.


#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,676 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Sorry but i may be missing something here, are you saying the object at the corner of your eye which you should practice  concentrating on is  a ghost?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

i'll give this a shot one of these days.

Edit: But personnel i think this could be a good way to see Shadow People better since they are always seen out of the corner of your eye.

Edited by stevemagegod, 20 June 2013 - 06:17 PM.


#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,228 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

I saw a ghost out of the corner of my eye and it wasn't a trick of light.  I looked directly at it and it would disappear then out of the corner of my eye again and she was still there.


#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Mate, it is called floaters, google it.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#7    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 6,712 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Normally, all of our attention isn't on the object we are looking directly at. Peripheral vision accounts for a lot of our vision, especially where movement is concerned. There are several exercises to help strengthen peripheral vision and help strengthen eye muscles in general.
I don't really think it helps you see ghosts better though.


#8    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,982 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 20 June 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Everyone's brain focuses on images received by the eye. Normally all of our attention is given to the object at which we are directly looking. With practice it is possible to concentrate on images that are coming in from the corner of ones eyes. To develop this skill try walking along a road gazing at a distant object straight ahead. Then without moving your eyes from that object try to concentrate on images coming in from your peripheral vision. I was very surprised to discover what you can learn from objects that your not actually looking at. It's amazing how your mind tunes out the object at which your eyes are directed and tunes into details from objects elsewhere.
This is one technique that can be used to see ghosts.



Once again, people do not look into how things work, and use that ignorance as proof for ghosts.

You need to study up on how the human eye works. There is a reason we need to look right at things to see them. Our eyes are not designed to see things in the " peripheal " vision. We are not Chameleons....You can not make your eyes focus on things it is not made to focus on. ( direction )......

When we think we see things in our peripheal vision, this is a clue from our eyes to our brains to look that way so our eyes can tell our brains if there is something there or not. If you saw a ghost in your perphial, and turned to look and nothing is there, then nothing is there.

Are you telling me ghosts do this on purpose?

If so, shy not have a video camera off to the side of where you are looking, to catch all of those smart ghosts staying out of our line of site.....Those sneaky guys.


Start here for how our eyes work....

http://www.eyeglassg...-eye-works.aspx









View PostBrian Topp, on 20 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Mate, it is called floaters, google it.

exactly.....

Edited by Sakari, 20 June 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#9    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,982 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

A visual to explain what I typed...



Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#10    greywolfe

greywolfe

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male

  • There are just as many ghosts of the living as there are of the dead.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Sorry but i may be missing something here, are you saying the object at the corner of your eye which you should practice  concentrating on is  a ghost?
No - I'm saying that by practising on focusing you attention on objects in the corner of your eye will enhance your abilities to observe ghosts if they
are present.


#11    greywolfe

greywolfe

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male

  • There are just as many ghosts of the living as there are of the dead.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 20 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Mate, it is called floaters, google it.
Are you suggesting that all 1,000,000,000,000,00...........ghost sighting since the beginning of time are errors ?


#12    greywolfe

greywolfe

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male

  • There are just as many ghosts of the living as there are of the dead.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostSakari, on 20 June 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Once again, people do not look into how things work, and use that ignorance as proof for ghosts.

You need to study up on how the human eye works. There is a reason we need to look right at things to see them. Our eyes are not designed to see things in the " peripheal " vision. We are not Chameleons....You can not make your eyes focus on things it is not made to focus on. ( direction )......

When we think we see things in our peripheal vision, this is a clue from our eyes to our brains to look that way so our eyes can tell our brains if there is something there or not. If you saw a ghost in your perphial, and turned to look and nothing is there, then nothing is there.

Are you telling me ghosts do this on purpose?

If so, shy not have a video camera off to the side of where you are looking, to catch all of those smart ghosts staying out of our line of site.....Those sneaky guys.


Start here for how our eyes work....

http://www.eyeglassg...-eye-works.aspx











exactly.....
Ignorance !! why thankyou


#13    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 11,982 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 21 June 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Ignorance !! why thankyou


LOL

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#14    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 21 June 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that all 1,000,000,000,000,00...........ghost sighting since the beginning of time are errors ?
More likely than not, a colossal amount of those were not ghost sightings. However, people could experience paranormal activity, like seeing a ghost, all the time, but since there's no way to test and retest these "sightings" it's impossible to say if they are seeing them or not. I believe in the paranormal, or at least I want to, but I will not take random sightings, lights flickering, things out of the corners of eyes, ect as evidence. I believe in the scientific process.

A skeptical believer.

#15    Kahn

Kahn

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abingdon, MD

  • Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I find a 5th of Vodka, Gin or a six pack of Corona helps!
(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm in a festive mood this morning.)


Seriously, if you're trying to see ghosts, you're probably doing it wrong.  If your senses kept your ancestors live for millions of years up to this point, they are just fine for perceiving if a ghost is really there or not without any enhancement.






Also tagged with ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users