Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Types of alien Life-Forms

aliens ufo\\\\s

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    greywolfe

greywolfe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• There are just as many ghosts of the living as there are of the dead.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Types of Alien Life-forms

Below is a list of the types of life form that can exist in my view. Can anybody expand on this please :-
It is obvious that the multi-verse is teaming with life. For my own clarification I have split such life forms into various groups (see below) :-

1) MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Tied to a single planet with Low-Tech skills.

2) MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Physically tied to a single planet with Low-Tech skills but having advanced metaphysical skills enabling some interaction with types 3-4 & 5 below.

3) IMMORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS - Having Hi-tech skills enabling inter-galactic travel, physical immortality etc.

4) MECHANICAL LIFE FORMS - Machines created by type 3 life forms that have become self aware and operate independently from those who built them. Immortality would also be a logical requirement of this group.

5) MULTI-DIMENSIONAL LIFE FORMS - Those residing in eternal space-time who's existence is no longer dependent on matter to sustain them.

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,493 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Please define your definition of "low-Tech" and "High Tech"

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,724 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

A plant. Not sure what type because we have not found any..yet.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    greywolfe

greywolfe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostTaun, on 20 June 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Please define your definition of "low-Tech" and "High Tech"
Good point Taun - I see Low Tech as where Earth is now and Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.

#5    greywolfe

greywolfe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 June 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

A plant. Not sure what type because we have not found any..yet.
Are not plants biological Life -Forms that can exist at both Low Tech and Hi-Tech levels ?

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,724 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 20 June 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Are not plants biological Life -Forms that can exist at both Low Tech and Hi-Tech levels ?
You have described high tech as : Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.
Nope, I just mean plants without the inter stellar travel or physical immortality.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    greywolfe

greywolfe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 June 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

You have described high tech as : Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.
Nope, I just mean plants without the inter stellar travel or physical immortality.
Then such plants would be lo-tech biological Life-Forms ?

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,724 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 20 June 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Then such plants would be lo-tech biological Life-Forms ?
As the plants on Earth?  quote: "I see Low Tech as where Earth is now", not necessarily,

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,420 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Surely by lifeforms we're talking about sentient creatures that can move around. Unless you're a Triffid, plants tend not to meet those criteria, on the whole.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,019 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

What would bacteria fall under?

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,420 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I suppose bacteria would be a lifeform, as it's a kind of creature. However, I suspect what we're talking about here is intelligent lifeforms, such as might be, or might one day be thinking of, visiting us or communicating with us.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Chris harris, seeing ghosts and now this.... can I honestly say you have an over active imagination  and have too much time on your hands

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#13    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,493 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postgreywolfe, on 20 June 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Good point Taun - I see Low Tech as where Earth is now and Hi-tech as having Inter-Stellar travel tech and physical Immortality.

Personaly I would have more than just High and Low tech... the lines are two blurred for a set distinction...  For example an alien civilization might have extremely high medical tech, but still use "horse and cart" type transportation... One might develop where they have interstellar travel but have extremely low medical tech because an individual life is worthless to them - etc...

And I would probably add a 'species' of sentient cyber systems - Intelligent algorithms... No need for physical bodies, except for an oblect to host the algorithm (a computer or network)..  Not Intelligent machines, but intelligent data...

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 24,420 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostTaun, on 20 June 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Personaly I would have more than just High and Low tech... the lines are two blurred for a set distinction... For example an alien civilization might have extremely high medical tech, but still use "horse and cart" type transportation... One might develop where they have interstellar travel but have extremely low medical tech because an individual life is worthless to them - etc...

And I would probably add a 'species' of sentient cyber systems - Intelligent algorithms... No need for physical bodies, except for an oblect to host the algorithm (a computer or network).. Not Intelligent machines, but intelligent data...
These are some very imaginative ideas, which I'm glad to see in a forum so heavily populated by cynics for whom 'speculation' is a bad word.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#15    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Why no MORTAL BIOLOGICAL LIFE FORMS  with High tech skills?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users