Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Ben Shalom Bernanke: What Are You Afraid Of?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostYamato, on 25 June 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Now I think I know what it is, your language is incorrect.   It's not "the Feds" for short, it's the Fed.   In order to use the correct language, when you refer to "the Feds" you aren't referring to the Federal Reserve System you're referring to the entire federal government.   So then, when the FBI or the Men in Black show up at your door, it's not the Fed, it's the feds.

The only criticism of Santelli I have is that he waits until the stock market plummets over 200 points in a day before releasing his rant.   Now in his defense, he will say that no, he was reacting to Ben Bernanke's speech.  But we've heard that speech before.  Ben Bernanke didn't say anything new, and Rick Santelli never screamed like that then.  It's stocks going down that Rick Santelli can't stand, and of course, a hundred million Americans and especially those a few years from retirement aren't going to be able to stand it either.

All you've offered as a plausible reason for more of your QE energy drink is that the economy is still too weak not to keep drinking it.   But you're using a sports metaphor to avoid answering the question I posed in the OP.   The entitlement complex of you liberals in this 21st century is truly boundless.   We've recovered from a recession every four years in this nation and we never needed an entitlement complex to the children's money in order to distort the entire marketplace with artificial and unsustainable growth.  We've heard of the best generation who lived in the 2nd quarter of the 20th century.   Yours is going to go down in history as the worst generation once this ponzi scheme comes home to roost.  

Barack Obama ought to appoint Bernie Madoff as the next Fed Chairman.  At least Madoff can admit what it is.

So, because you don't know what you are talking about you've fallen into the classic trap of starting to talk about semantics and spelling.
The Fed or the Fed's , which i out of laziness call the Feds (bloomberg, the time etc do it sometimes...lazy confusing b*******!). Which isn't easily confused with the Federal Government, if you understand the topic. If you don't understand the topic i can see how it's easy to mix terms with each other that are not directly associatively linked with what is said.

Im glad to see you could find it within yourself to critique Santelli.

All I've offered as a reason? That's because that is the only reason.
You're question in the OP is santelli's question "What is Bernanke afraid of". I've given you the answer, Bernanke has given the answer, the whole damn economy is giving you the answer. But you just don't wanna hear it.
You wont be satisfied with any straight up answer, as long as it's not covered in a thick layer of doom and gloom.
So whatever....if your looking for doomsday predictions you should move on to the Modern Mysteries section of this forum.

QE is simply a technique. Let them test it out. Look at the rest of world, America is rising whilst the rest keeps tumbling over their own feet.
*yamato voice* but the rising is super fake and all will fall * yamato voice*

Well you can just wait and see then. No point in trying to predict the future that far ahead.

#77    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Sorry I've never seen anyone call the Federal Reserve "the Feds".   If you can cite Bloomberg doing it EVER, I'd be really surprised.

How can I not let them test out their exponential increases in debt?   Every day on Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox etc they're looking to the Hand of God, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Shalom Bernanke for direction in the markets.  It's the sorriest excuse for a free market this country has ever had.   No one man should have that much power, it's obvious in the voices of our Founding Fathers how brilliantly they avoided that from happening.

A lot has changed since then.  Your hero George W. Bush came along and appointed this skunk as Fed Chairman, and the rest is history.   This liberal idiocy that can't understand economic principles and thinks that macroeconomics and microeconomics don't share them need to get their statist heads examined, or at the very least, take Econ 101 at their community college.  ;)

Edited by Yamato, 25 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#78    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,636 posts
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Was there a reason to put Bernake's middle name in the title of this thread?

#79    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 25 June 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Was there a reason to put Bernake's middle name in the title of this thread?
Was there a reason to put it in the encyclopedia on his Wiki page?

I'm glad you showed up.  Let me get this straight, someone who is alleged to be against US foreign policy is now for the Federal Reserve chairman who inflates the federal balance sheet by trillions of dollars making all that foreign spending possible?   Is that what I'm seeing from you now?   You can't rightly oppose US foreign policy and support the Federal Reserve when Ben Bernanke is overseeing the greatest transfer of wealth from US shores to foreign countries in US history.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#80    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,636 posts
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Not the biggest fan of the Fed or our foreign policy.

Also am not the most informed on the Fed so cannot fully comment on something I know nothing about.

Just wondering if this was similar to how some who do not like Obama use his full name at times, or used to, in a way that just rubbed wrong. Thanks for answering anyways.

#81    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 25 June 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Not the biggest fan of the Fed or our foreign policy.

Also am not the most informed on the Fed so cannot fully comment on something I know nothing about.

Just wondering if this was similar to how some who do not like Obama use his full name at times, or used to, in a way that just rubbed wrong. Thanks for answering anyways.
Indeed, "I Barack Hussein Obama do solemnly swear" is analogous to what Bernanke is doing to our rule of law on his end.

#82    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

The real reasons why a thread hammering Barack Hussein Obama gets the likes and not a thread hammering Ben Shalom Bernanke are:

1) It's not politically correct to criticize a Shalom like it is a Hussein.   Arabs are the last politically correct N-word the right wing has left to p*** on.
2) Ending the Fed destroys the honeyhole for both parties equally so Ending the Fed isn't bipartisan, it's anti-partisan (again, not politically correct).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users