Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

[Merged] Michael Hastings, bomb or accident?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 June 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

real footage (plus a cops dash cam)

one woman says it crashed, then blew up! 1.10ms

Gotta luv how the cop does nothing at all

I posted the same video in post #8. Is it not showing?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

I posted the same video in post #8. Is it not showing?

ha yeh I realized that a while after, must have had a brain fart, credit to you for first posting it!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't posting videos incorrectly.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Eyewitness account, if it hasn't been posted yet:

I was stopped at the light at Santa Monica [Boulevard], headed south on Highland [Avenue]. I looked down to turn my radio down, and this car just blasted past me through the red light—it shook my car. No telling how fast the driver was going. A taxi driver was in the far right lane and we looked at each other, both saying, "What the hell was that?"... By the time the light changed, I could only see the tail lights of the white Mercedes—it was probably past Willoughby by then which was the next red light that I got stopped at. The Mercedes was flying down Highland. The same cab driver pulled up to the light at Willoughby [Avenue] and I looked over at him again in disbelief. Right as I did, the cab driver said something to the effect of, "He didn't make it." The [Mercedes] was all the way south of Melrose [Avenue] at this point.

I looked down Highland and saw a giant fireball at the base of one of the palms that line the medians on Highland. It was surreal. Even from as far away as I was, I could see how violent an impact it had been. I live in the area so parked near my place and sprinted over the the scene of the accident. As I was running, a couple of workers from the service station at the corner of Melrose and Highland were also running over. In broken English, one of them and I traded stories of what we saw as we ran. From what I could understand, he saw the car come off the ground at some point—maybe when [it] crossed Melrose.

A Hancock Park resident was already spraying the car with his water hose when we got to it, but wasn't making any progress. The car was engulfed. I couldn't see inside it. Fire trucks and police cars were at the scene almost immediately, it seemed.

I stayed and watched firefighters extinguish the the blaze. Bummed a cigarette from a guy named Jeremy and traded stories about what we saw. He was right around Melrose and Highland when it happened. I gave a statement to police and walked home.

http://news.yahoo.co...-113514329.html

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

As he goes thru red lights

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#21    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Good thread; truly an unexplained mystery at this point. In a context in which the sales of George Orwell's 1984 have increased 6,000% in a few weeks; when the US FBI/CIA/NSA 'intelligence' apparatus is apparently out of control and staffed by high school drop-outs, amoral functionaries and flat-out rogues; and TNT is applied to 'solve' all kinds of situations to no avail (from Islamic IED's to 'smart bombs' and drone strikes killing civilians), anything can happen. RIP Michael.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#22    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

As he goes thru red lights

Maybe, he was being chased?

#23    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostKowalski, on 21 June 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Maybe, he was being chased?

or the accelerator was stuck and brakes didnt work

#24    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Precisely my thoughts Seeder.

#25    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

well I checked the news for updates, not much has changed, tho the LA times says this:

"FBI says journalist Michael Hastings was not under investigation"

LAPD also says no foul play appears to have been involved in the one-vehicle crash that killed Hastings. The reporter was known for an article leading to Gen. Stanley McChrystal's resignation.

and

"Officials still are trying to determine if the car had a mechanical problem, if Hastings may have had a medical condition or if he consumed substances that could have impaired his driving. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Video of the accident scene showed the car engulfed in flames. Law enforcement sources said that the car appeared to be going at a high rate of speed but emphasized that the investigation was ongoing.

and lots more
http://articles.lati...stings-20130621

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,927 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

He may not have been under investigation but he seems to have believed he was in some danger according to this version

http://news.ninemsn....rs-before-death

Michael Hastings, 33, best known for his work with Rolling Stone magazine and BuzzFeed, sent the email at 12.56pm on Monday, June 17, KTLA reports.
"Hey (redacted) the Feds are interviewing my 'close friends and associates'," the email read.

and this

The multi-award-winning journalist also said he was "onto a big story" and needed to "go off the radar for a bit."

Edited by libstaK, 24 June 2013 - 01:25 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#27    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 21 June 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

or the accelerator was stuck and brakes didnt work

accelerator stuck wfo and antilock brakes pulsing wildly...either a lousy MB (sure), or on-board systems hacked:

http://www.nytimes.c...0hack.html?_r=0

#28    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 24 June 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

He may not have been under investigation but he seems to have believed he was in some danger according to this version

http://news.ninemsn....rs-before-death

Michael Hastings, 33, best known for his work with Rolling Stone magazine and BuzzFeed, sent the email at 12.56pm on Monday, June 17, KTLA reports.
"Hey (redacted) the Feds are interviewing my 'close friends and associates'," the email read.

and this

The multi-award-winning journalist also said he was "onto a big story" and needed to "go off the radar for a bit."

and needed to "go off the radar for a bit."

Well he achieved that bit for sure unfortunately. Its a very odd set of events isn't it?

#29    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,920 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

The engine being 50 yards from the car tells you all you need to know on this one.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#30    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 24 June 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

The engine being 50 yards from the car tells you all you need to know on this one.

Exactly how does that factoid provide evidence to a conspiracy theory?

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Car in a collision, engine found around 100 feet away.  Location was in Modesto, CA.  I am sure the FBI was involved in the potential killing of this nobody too right?  Since the engine was found separated from the chassis, as per your assertion.

All sarcasm aside, the engine being found separated from the collision is not anymore unusual that what happened with Hasting's Mercedes.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users