Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Human brain uploads possible by 2045 ?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    ozman

ozman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

• techlivewire.com is my main site.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

There is no such thing as uploading your brain to a computer.  A computer doesn't know or will most likely never be able to scan the memories information feelings and everything in the brain onto a computer.  The human brain is too complex for a computer to be able to scan.  An MRI can detect activity in certain areas but can't actually know what information is stored there or what memories are currently being accessed by the brain.

Posted Image

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

I think you are probably right but maybe not.

#33    ozman

ozman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

• techlivewire.com is my main site.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Personally, I highly doubt longterm human memory is stored in the physical realm.  I believe there is hidden ethereal higher astral realm which stores shadow memory.  One lady i worked with yesterday remembered my name even though she only saw me once 3 months ago and she had no sheet or info about me.  I was asked to cover at a hotel on short notice.  I asked her how do u still remember my name and she said i just told her.  I responded I didnt just tell u, i would clearly remember if i just told u my name just now.  She is an elder lady and she somehow managed to remember my name from many months ago yet she believes i just told her my name.  ITS ALL SHADOW MEMORY STORED IN A HIGHER DIMENSIONAL REALM.

Posted Image

#34    TheGreatBeliever

TheGreatBeliever

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

I think wat most people want is to be immortal as a human. Not a robot...

#35    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postozman, on 22 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

There is no such thing as uploading your brain to a computer.  A computer doesn't know or will most likely never be able to scan the memories information feelings and everything in the brain onto a computer.  The human brain is too complex for a computer to be able to scan.  An MRI can detect activity in certain areas but can't actually know what information is stored there or what memories are currently being accessed by the brain.

There are already brain implant chips that can hold memories.

#36    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,070 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postozman, on 22 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

A computer doesn't know or will most likely never be able to scan the memories information feelings and everything in the brain onto a computer.
Then you'd be wrong.

http://www.cell.com/...960982211009377

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-16811042
http://www.nhs.uk/ne...nner-voice.aspx

View Postozman, on 22 June 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Personally, I highly doubt longterm human memory is stored in the physical realm.  I believe there is hidden ethereal higher astral realm which stores shadow memory.
We all have our delusions.

#37    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I suppose diseases of the memory are diseases of the hidden ethereal higher astral realm.  Why does it manifest as brain disease?

#38    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

We don't know what consciousness is or where it comes from?  How can we saw we are going to upload sentience or consciousness when we don't have a clue how it is generated?   I am very skeptical.

#39    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yes I agree with that, but sometimes things are possible even when we don't fully understand what is going on.

To me sentience is the more profound mystery.  How is it we and other animals do not actually "sense" through our senses, but instead convert it into experiencing the world and experiencing our internal emotional state.  This is the "qualia" you may have heard about.

Consciousness is another similar mystery, as is reasoning and a number of other things.

#40    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,058 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 22 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I'd think .. (did you see it?!)  .. that there is a large difference between deciphering what word we are thinking of through monitoring electrical brain patterns... and  "Uploading A BRAIN"?  Attached File  _58205067_58205065.jpg   13.67K   2 downloads

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#41    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,070 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Postlightly, on 23 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'd think .. (did you see it?!)  .. that there is a large difference between deciphering what word we are thinking of through monitoring electrical brain patterns... and  "Uploading A BRAIN"?  Attachment _58205067_58205065.jpg
I think you should read what I highlighted, ozman said a computer can not scan memories infomation and feelings into a computer.

Edited by Rlyeh, 23 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#42    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,624 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

hmmmmm 2045

Posted Image

I didn't make this up ... I swear ...  :lol:

`

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#43    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,738 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I probably wouldn't do it, because I'd be afraid that my Virtual self would clean out my bank account and take over posting on UM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#44    Sormac

Sormac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

This is scary. I could foresee being digitally immortal as a fate worse than death.

I've often wondered what would happen if they could get to a point where they could replicate an individuals brain, right down the the atoms... Akin to a teleportation device.

#45    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

pretty amazing but scary at the same time, what if there are some harmful viruses occur which could distort all the data and finally vanished, no more memory, no more mobility functions ...what would happen then? can it be recovered? unless if there is any extra storage system built up, other wise will make us useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users