Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PS4 VS XBOX one

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

the 'used game' issue will be the thing that makes or breaks either console.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#17    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

PS4 me.

Despite being cheaper, PS4 has the technical advantage, except for the camera which I don't want anyway, and in general I prefer Sony's exclusives over Microsoft's and Nintendo's.

Lately I've been obsessed with watching Planetside 2 videos on YouTube, but I'm also looking forward to Destiny, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Elder Scrolls Online, DC Universe Online, Tom Clancy's The Division, Infamous: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid 5, Drive Club, and Outlast.

Thank goodness I finally got a job so I can afford all that, though Planetside 2 and DC Universe will be completely free and Drive Club and Outlast will be included with PS+.

Greatness awaits.

Edited by MysticStrummer, 24 June 2013 - 02:04 AM.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

PS4 in the House of Chubb, just like the last 2 generations.

I think I will wait for the 'post-christmas' price drop though, PS3 is going out on a high and I am enjoying the Wii U too much to consider splashing out on another console yet...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#19    Whatsinausername

Whatsinausername

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• My God's not dead he's surely alive.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Pity about having to pay to play online on the PS4. I'll be getting one though :w00t:

#20    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostWhatsinausername, on 24 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Pity about having to pay to play online on the PS4. I'll be getting one though :w00t:

Wow, did not know that. Not much of an online gamer myself but it is enjoyable in small doses. Not really going to swing my opinion but its not good news for me.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#21    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yeah that was the low point of E3 for me, but the more I look at what you get with PS+ the more I can see the value, especially with my game buying/playing habits.

1) I've bought a lot of indie titles, themes, and avatars that ended up either free or discounted through PS+
2) I enjoy participating in betas, and PS+ members get in earlier
3) Even though I buy most games I'm interested in right away, if they become free through PS+ later I can trade the disc in toward something else
4) I'll take advantage of the Full Game Free Trials a lot, and if I don't buy a game because the trial shows me I don't like it, PS+ will have saved me money
5) There have been many games I didn't want enough to buy, but would have at least tried when they became free through PS+

Everyone has to assess the value of PS+ for themselves, but it will pay for itself with my gaming habits.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#22    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Ive just renewed my PS+ for another year (after the confirmation it will carry over with your PSN to PS4) I have already got 5 games i was intending on grabbing so i have already got my £40. However there is more to come this year and a free copy of Drive Club PSN Edition when PS4 launches i simply cant wait ^^

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#23    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,870 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

PS Plus is so worth it. For 50 bucks a year I have gotten around 15 free full PS3 games and about 15 free psn games. Not to mention 75% or more off of other titles. I had to upgrade my PS3 to a 1tb drive so I could have the space to download all the free stuff I've gotten. Cloud storaghe for saved data makes backing up a breeze, too.
PS Plus will be required for online play on the PS4, but it's one hell of a value, as they will continue to offer free PS4 titles every month like they do now.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#24    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

PS4  I pre ordered PS4 as soon as amazon started taking them.

#25    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

• "Are you willing to risk your life to save whales?"
    -Captain Paul Watson

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Playstation 4 has my vote...Despite Microsoft's earnest attempt to undo all the damage their press conference at E3 did, I think it's safe to assume the damage is permanent. Microsoft has shown a great deal of disrespect to its customers and, in turn all developers (who are also gamers).

#26    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,980 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

I've never owned a Play Station in my life.  The closest I've come was being a teenager and spending Friday evening's at a friend's house playing Red Alert on the PS1 (before it was called PS1).  I've owned the Xbox and the 360, and I've been a fan ever since I played that first game of Halo way back when.  And with the promise of Destiny coming out for the Xbox One, I think I'll be sticking with Microsoft.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#27    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm going to wait a while and see what happens before picking up a PS4 or an XboxOne. I bought a WiiU when it was first released, big mistake! There are only a couple of decent games for it, with most of the good games coming a year and a half AFTER the system released. The mandatory Kinect thing on the XboxOne is kind of lame because it makes the system more expensive. Also, I am on the fence about motion gaming, we didn't really see any stellar implementations of it in the current gen, so I'll wait and see. Although, the new Killer Instinct on XboxOne has definitely got my interests. I will probably try to get both systems eventually.

Edited by WoIverine, 02 July 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#28    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Im not into consoles but it's really a no contest. As far as I can tell the only thing Xbox has is Halo which is probably enough to make sales though. Im just sorry Killer Instinct 3 is a Xbox exclusive, that sucks. That series is legendary.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#29    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,759 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 02 July 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

I've never owned a Play Station in my life.  The closest I've come was being a teenager and spending Friday evening's at a friend's house playing Red Alert on the PS1 (before it was called PS1).  I've owned the Xbox and the 360, and I've been a fan ever since I played that first game of Halo way back when.  And with the promise of Destiny coming out for the Xbox One, I think I'll be sticking with Microsoft.

Destiny comes out on the playstation too btw.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postvillage_idiot, on 02 July 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Playstation 4 has my vote...Despite Microsoft's earnest attempt to undo all the damage their press conference at E3 did, I think it's safe to assume the damage is permanent. Microsoft has shown a great deal of disrespect to its customers and, in turn all developers (who are also gamers).

Playstation network being down for ages was fine was it? lol

Microsoft has never once let Xbox Live go down. You get what you pay for.

I'm getting the Xbox One purely for Kinect and as a media hub in my living room. The Xbox one is superior as a media hub and my PC is superior to both as a gaming machine, so for me the PS4 is pointless. It's always personal preference. There actually isn't a better console, well certainly not just now. You won't know the true capabilities of each until a year or so after release. Something I love about the way MS works with the xbox is that they can completely revamp the thing during it's life with updates, which Sony has never done. Xbox tries to be different and new. PS just does the same old thing.

It's funny how people moaned about the "restrictions" before. Because it was exactly the same system (better actually) than steam. Steam saved PC gaming and MS tried to use the same system for their console but adding new features. Like being able to share all your games with 10 people you choose, so 10 people from your friends list can play all your games along as you are not playing that specific game. Cloud also means being able to download your profle and ally our game son any other xbox. You could also gift nay of your games to others allow trading or giving.  You could also trade games using codes.

All this made it easier to share and give games while also saving the environment form millions of plastic boxes and disks being made.....

Of course people don't realise these things and just see "restrictions". lol Funniest part was... People asked for it... They did it and then people complained... Hilarious. (also the complaints were started by PS fan websites... then everyone who doesn't know what they are talking about started sharing it all over the internet, like on facebook)

Are people really stupid enough to think either company cares about anyone?! lol They both work TOGETHER. Hahaha. They both make parts for both consoles. Remember the big blu ray vs downloading thing from Xbox vs PS3? Well MS was making parts for the blu ray player. lol These companies only care about money, they couldn't care less about the gamers.

Edited by Coffey, 07 July 2013 - 07:24 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users