Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Where Are All the Aliens?

aliens intelligent species galxy universe interstellar travel

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 22 June 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

but why do people always assume that any intelligent alien race would want to either do something for, or exploit, Humanity? If they had come across Earth as part of their explorations, why might they not just want to study it as part of a scientific program involving study of all the Solar System? They might well take a particular interest in Earth on account of its biodiversity, but they might not consider us to be any more special than any of the other fauna.
Why wouldn't they make contact with an intelligent and sentient being?  Heck, we interact with all creatures on our own planet personally if possible, and most people wouldn't consider them on par with our own intelligence.  But I guess I'm just attributing E.T. with human characteristics on that one.

#32    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,126 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Unfortunately speculating about the motives of aliens is on par with speculating that they have visited us. Interesting to ponder but no conclusions can be drawn from it.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#33    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well count me in as one who speculates we have been visited, and we continue to be visited. No, one hasn't landed on my shoulder, yet, but I have seen/read/ and heard enough from many, many sources, including books, pics, interviews and footage, that in their opinion as well as mine, we have been and continue to be visited.

#34    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 22 June 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Not this silly theory again, that for some reason the ETs just wouldn't be able to wait to say Howdy to us. Perhaps they might find the planet an interesting subject to study, but they might not find us particuarlly worht making contact with?

I just really cannot fathom a scientific committee not giving a rodents rectum about life, it's process and the many variations evolution afforded. It would be an endless study with new facets cropping up all the time.

Edited by psyche101, 24 June 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#35    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 22 June 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Well count me in as one who speculates we have been visited, and we continue to be visited. No, one hasn't landed on my shoulder, yet, but I have seen/read/ and heard enough from many, many sources, including books, pics, interviews and footage, that in their opinion as well as mine, we have been and continue to be visited.

May I ask is it based on a a particular story or the general idea that this is supposed to be happening to many people?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#36    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Postpallidin, on 21 June 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

OK, I'll stop now too... back to subject.
thank you,   I hate spiders

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 24 June 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#37    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,036 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 24 June 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

I just really cannot fathom a scientific committee not giving a rodents rectum about life, it's process and the many variations evolution afforded. It would be an endless study with new facets cropping up all the time.
that was just what i said. With an incredibly complicated ecosystem like this one, that's just what they'd do. They just might not consider that it would be in their interests, or the interests of their research, to say Howdy to us.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 24 June 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

that was just what i said. With an incredibly complicated ecosystem like this one, that's just what they'd do. They just might not consider that it would be in their interests, or the interests of their research, to say Howdy to us.

Would not something as important as advanced communications, particularly when we ware the only species on the planet with it, be of intense interest?

I just do not think a thorough investigator leaves any stone unturned.

#39    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,036 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 24 June 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Would not something as important as advanced communications, particularly when we ware the only species on the planet with it, be of intense interest?

I just do not think a thorough investigator leaves any stone unturned.
yes, but studying something means not interfering with it, doesn't it. So making contact with it, or saying Howdy, wouldn't be a scienitific approach.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#40    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Assuming that there really are any intelligent beings out there, and assuming they developed interstellar space flight, and on top showed any interest in us here, i'd think they would be far ahead of everything our science and technology can come up with recently. And if you take into account that on our own planet one can still find some tribes of people living like our "civilised" part of the world used to hundreds or thousands of years ago, which are studied by scientists who try to not interfer with them to avoid any shock or disturbance, then i would assume the aliens might do the same.....

#41    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 21 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

The Universe has been around for 13.8 billion years. Human beings originated 200,000 years ago, so we’ve only been around for 0.01% of the age of the Universe. An intelligent species could arise on any one of those countless worlds, and broadcast their existence to the entire galaxy.

Once a species developed interstellar travel, they could completely colonize our galaxy within a few tens of millions of years; just a heartbeat in the age of the Universe.

So where are they?

http://www.universet...all-the-aliens/

And as a "common knowledge" we only recolect the last 4000 years. So what has that alone have to tell you?

This is where I go to a few of my base principles;
1. We went from a time observing and worshipping the sun, moon... objects that were in visual sight of us to worshipping monsters and aliens that came from those skies to DON'T DO THAT OR I'LL SMACK YOU!
2. Most of the North American Indian tribes have said our species have gone through a set of cycles 4 to be exact and is said to have a new revolution (I guess that would be our common understanding of armeggeddon, common knowledge being that we only fear this event because we are told to and for the greed of we might not make it to the next thing whatever it may be (lol finally a way to explain my signature)). (IMO Emergence > Visualist > Worshippers > Fear Loathing Meat Sacks... with the next being the higher conciousness state which will technically just be doing a full cycle back to emergence stage learning all the key elements instead of composed "superdrugs")
3. All ancient stories tell of a or many people coming from the sky and imposing their will, is it that hard to say their is a method to the madness of the unknown compitision of the dna. You look at any 3 year old tearing the legs off of an ant, what is driving a 3 year old towards biology, he does not understand the concept and/or the potential of what is occuring but is curious to see what happens. Any horticultrists does the exact same thing by splicing and gene modifying plants. It is natural to want to play god, so is it so hard to believe a bored et had it's way with a monkey and other animals to create a whoknows "because I can". In that sence what's to say that we aren't the weird freakshow that's on display and our concept on animality is a pipe dream. A physical connection of atoms to create a visual mass representation may be an experiment all together. All in all you can go deeper on this but you end up putting the entire cosmos in a petrie dish.
4. Regression, why are people drawn to the unknown when there is nothing encouraging it to... atleast when my age bracket was growing up. A good 80% of the people I know who dabble into meta never have a clue why they decided to start investigating... we all just do it, the real uncanny thing is that they vary from all different backgrounds, religious to athiest, lover to fighter, business to labour. That in it's self has got to say something, well at least it does to me. Natural process is showing that their is missing information, hence the need for secrecy, dispise and trechory to rule the skies.

Just a wee bit of my personal standpoint.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#42    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,858 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

View Postchopmo, on 24 June 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

...A good 80% of the people I know who dabble into meta never have a clue why they decided to start investigating... we all just do it, the real uncanny thing is that they vary from all different backgrounds, religious to athiest, lover to fighter, business to labour. That in it's self has got to say something, well at least it does to me...

to me, that is not so much a proof of ET's poking around in earth life, but rather to theories of folks like C.G.Jung that our "collective conciousness" doesn't only contain information about humanity's past but also about our future. The whole idea of aliens visiting earth might as well be an outlook into our own distant future, where we might be able to master interstellar travel.

#43    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 24 June 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

May I ask is it based on a a particular story or the general idea that this is supposed to be happening to many people?
My feelings about ufo's are based on many decades of books readings, family members who have seen a ufo, tv programs of every variety over many decades, including interviews with commonfolk who have seen ufo's to everyone from plane pilots, to astronauts. My most recent source of info would be from the show "Through The Wormhole" who have done quite a few shows on the search for extraterrestrial life. Given the sheer number of potential planets and stars in at least the one universe we are aware of, many people, scientists and I believe there is or was intelligent life out there. Some of the more interesting ufo reports I have seen include several of the type that seem to displace the atmosphere and/or air of earth as they scamper about. This would have to be related to a propulsion system of a type way more advanced than ours.

I also do believe that many people may have possibly been abducted as well over the past many years. Just a feeling I have , again, based on the information presented to the viewing public in the form of book, or tv intervi

Edited by Spacenut56, 24 June 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#44    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,432 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

To them, we are the aliens

Posted Image

#45    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Besides, you seem to assume only one.  The speculation populates the galaxy with millions.  Surely some would.

Which raises the question, wouldn't the aggressive alien races wipe out all of the peaceful ones?

And we have demonstrated a fondness for super weapons, so if we share that with ETs how come we haven't seen any astronomical phenomena with a non-natural cause? Like some kind of Supernova bomb.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users