Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Britain Releases Last X-Files

mod ufo files release

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,474 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Elq, on 23 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

After more than 50 years faithfully recording reports of UFOs and flying saucers, and patiently answering questions from the public, the MoD eventually decided it was a waste of money, newly released documents show.

The British Space program has always suffered budgetary problems, or they might well have been a contender in the space race between the USSR and the US of A. Britain developed several rockets, and some space planes.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

psyche101, on 24 June 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Millions of people do it every night with powerful telescopes.

Typical Star Party.

~snip

not exactly what I meant ....

"... how many people actually looks up at the sky anymore I wonder ? "

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#18    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

third_eye, on 24 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

`

I do when I have good visibility or no light pollution. Whenever I am able too, I will often look up in the sky and wonder ;)

Kind Regards :)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#19    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Asadora, on 26 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

I do when I have good visibility or no light pollution. Whenever I am able too, I will often look up in the sky and wonder ;)

Kind Regards :)

I moved away from the 'bright lights big city' due to those reasons ... I remember I was looking up because a very fond friend was flying to another country and I couldn't get a glimpse of the sky ... to maybe catch a glimpse of her flight over head ... I remember how I felt in my heart ... that emptiness ...

NOw I almost always say good night to the night sky before I get in bed :)

when I'm sober enough to remember ... :lol:

~mutual regards

`

~

~

#20    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,414 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

third_eye, on 26 June 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

I moved away from the 'bright lights big city' due to those reasons ... I remember I was looking up because a very fond friend was flying to another country and I couldn't get a glimpse of the sky ... to maybe catch a glimpse of her flight over head ... I remember how I felt in my heart ... that emptiness ...

~mutual regards

`

third_eye, on 26 June 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

~mutual regards

`
Its a real good thing to Look up at night Look into the vastness of our hood,and dream a little dream that sends a positive outlook into that Great Dark Unknown !
I Look each night up and do so , It helps me sleep and dream that Dream ! We are not alone, but we are very,very far apart ! Until that day We can Dream!

This is a Work in Progress!

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,474 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

third_eye, on 24 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

`

Millions of people every night.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#22    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

psyche101, on 01 July 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Millions of people every night.

that's good to know ... at least there's still a sky left to look at in parts of the world

~

~

~

#23    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,474 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

third_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

that's good to know ... at least there's still a sky left to look at in parts of the world

~

Plenty of it in Australia. Have you never heard someone returning from a camping holiday or such exclaiming how many stars are in the sky, once they get away from cities a little? It is very common here in any case, and one does not require a telescope to take it to the next level, lots of people have an old set of half decent Binoculars hanging around, particularly campers I find, and they are an excellent tool to viewing space as well.
Major cities create a serious problem with sky watching, the rest of the world is quite OK.

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,414 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

psyche101, on 02 July 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Plenty of it in Australia. Have you never heard someone returning from a camping holiday or such exclaiming how many stars are in the sky, once they get away from cities a little? It is very common here in any case, and one does not require a telescope to take it to the next level, lots of people have an old set of half decent Binoculars hanging around, particularly campers I find, and they are an excellent tool to viewing space as well.
Major cities create a serious problem with sky watching, the rest of the world is quite OK.
We know that all too well here in the States psyche101 ! The Big Cities do create bad background light ! I just got back from Alpine Texas ,we went up the Mc Donald Davis observatory and All the towns with in a Hundred mile radius of this place use the special lights there pink-ish orange in color ! Really works all the Brains out at the Tele`s Love the Great Light At Night ,Deep in the Heart of Texas !

You really need to Get your Aussie-ness over here mate ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

psyche101, on 02 July 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

We in the suburbs and rural areas knows that very well ... and I was proposing the question in a rhetorical nature ... Even so its not a common habit as more and more would more likely be watching TV or staring at Computer screens or doing something else like peering into space, both into telescopes or left to wandering minds gazing at nothing in particular, all in all ... my point is that less and less remembers there is a 'sky' above and the wonders of sunsets and sunrise or just the clear unpolluted starry night sky is all.

~

~

~

#26    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,086 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

third_eye, on 21 June 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Here ....

The Real X-Files: Britain makes last of secret UFO files public

The truth is finally out there.
The U.K. government has released the final batch of secret files related to a decades long hunt for little green men --

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2WruXC2HO

Please, can't they revoke journalistic licences if they exceed more than a certain threshold of dreadful clichés? Anyway, you couldn't expect someone as corny as that to treat the subject remotely seriously, could you.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 02 July 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Colonel Rhuairidh, on 02 July 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Please, can't they revoke journalistic licences if they exceed more than a certain threshold of dreadful clichés? Anyway, you couldn't expect someone as corny as that to treat the subject remotely seriously, could you.[/left]

I was just doing a service of setting right the links that were broken and didn't work my Colonel link
... serious or not I'll leave that up to the other members ...  :tu:

~

~

~

#28    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Sweetpumper, on 21 June 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

That's the boat I'm in.
No, it's possible to catch a small winged orb if one has the cash for some clever equipment and the insight into exactly how they behave. I intend to do just this but I need to earn a few grand to feel comfortable that I had a good chance of success. A year or so away hopefully. I'm also going to bug the BBC Nature department about why they haven't done a programme on mystery white fireflies, which I reckon must be their food. Food for thought anyway..

N.B. The bias on "little green men" from another world and not something here on Earth we can't yet deal with.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 02 July 2013 - 11:34 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users