Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Symbols of an Alien Sky

ancient astronomy symbology

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

I just watched the first episode of Symbols of an Alien Sky. Seemed like there was some pretty compelling evidence in there however my astronomical knowledge is well less than astronomical.

For those of you who know what you're talking about what do you think of the data and theories presented?

http://www.thunderbo...ial-full-movie/

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Is that the movie that claims the earth was a moon of saturn?

#3    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

I watched the first 30 minutes or so.

I think it is garbage. It rings a lot like von Daniken and Velikovsky: first assume that all ancient legends are the literal, unambiguous, and inviolable truth, then convolute and distort scientific theory as much as necessary so it qualitatively matches the ancient legends.

I stopped watching when they were ``explaining'' the commonality of stick-figure cave drawings with 2 dots on either side as a representation of plasma discharge.

The plasma discharge that they describe is produced in a laboratory setting, and I will concede it could be stylistically represented as the stick figure drawings.

However, what is crucially important for the shape of plasma discharges are the boundary conditions; in a laboratory these are metallic plates above and below the discharge.

In a natural setting, assuming one could get the appropriate charge separation necessary to induce this type of discharge (and not regular lightning, which is far more common, and often not-very-stick-figure-like?) it wouldn't have the well-defined boundary conditions present in a lab, so the shape would be much more erratic. In particular, while you could argue that the ground acts like a metallic plate, the sky definitely does not; and the ``head and arms'' structure of this discharge would not be regularly produced (neither would the single set of side dots, for that matter; synchrotron radiation can occur in sheets and other distorted shapes - or even vertical stacks of dots - two regular side dots would only be a product of well-regulated plasma columns, which again are unlikely to occur in nature because the boundary conditions are unlikely to be so well defined, not to mention that the voltage would be irregular as well).

#4    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postsepulchrave, on 21 June 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

I watched the first 30 minutes or so.

I think it is garbage. It rings a lot like von Daniken and Velikovsky: first assume that all ancient legends are the literal, unambiguous, and inviolable truth, then convolute and distort scientific theory as much as necessary so it qualitatively matches the ancient legends.

I stopped watching when they were ``explaining'' the commonality of stick-figure cave drawings with 2 dots on either side as a representation of plasma discharge.

The plasma discharge that they describe is produced in a laboratory setting, and I will concede it could be stylistically represented as the stick figure drawings.

However, what is crucially important for the shape of plasma discharges are the boundary conditions; in a laboratory these are metallic plates above and below the discharge.

In a natural setting, assuming one could get the appropriate charge separation necessary to induce this type of discharge (and not regular lightning, which is far more common, and often not-very-stick-figure-like?) it wouldn't have the well-defined boundary conditions present in a lab, so the shape would be much more erratic. In particular, while you could argue that the ground acts like a metallic plate, the sky definitely does not; and the ``head and arms'' structure of this discharge would not be regularly produced (neither would the single set of side dots, for that matter; synchrotron radiation can occur in sheets and other distorted shapes - or even vertical stacks of dots - two regular side dots would only be a product of well-regulated plasma columns, which again are unlikely to occur in nature because the boundary conditions are unlikely to be so well defined, not to mention that the voltage would be irregular as well).

Damn thanks !

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#5    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

• Godís drifting in heaven, devilís in the mailbox
    I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 23 June 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Damn thanks !
  Don't be pretending you actually understood that....psst...I didn't either. :-*

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

Also tagged with ancient, astronomy, symbology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users