Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The giant snake that can open doors

julius albino burmese python doors

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,883 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 June 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

In a way, I kinna felt a bit sorry for him, as he was struggling to open the second door..He tried and tried but nothing.

He had it in his mind to be somewhere else ?

I feel for creatures kept in a captive environment ... we don't really know how long they can live for sure ... generally. Keep a man in such conditions, even if fed well and well cared for ... I doubt a man can survive past thirty ... the spirit just wanes away and the will to live just won't be there.

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#17    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 22 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

He had it in his mind to be somewhere else ?

I feel for creatures kept in a captive environment ... we don't really know how long they can live for sure ... generally. Keep a man in such conditions, even if fed well and well cared for ... I doubt a man can survive past thirty ... the spirit just wanes away and the will to live just won't be there.`

Personally, I wouldn't keep a big snake like that in closed doors...If I wanted to home such a creature, I would have a wide open safe environment for him.......

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#18    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Meh.  Back in my younger 'snake-hips' days I slithered under many a bedroom door.  (only saying)

#19    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,883 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 22 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Personally, I wouldn't keep a big snake like that in closed doors...If I wanted to home such a creature, I would have a wide open safe environment for him.......

that's the problem with snakes ... nobody really knows the range of their natural habitat ... or with most animals come to think of it.
The great whites are now known to travel right across the world ... and king cobras have now been studied to have ranges far greater than anyone suspected.
Unless bred in captivity like Julius ... its a bad idea ... in which case Julius probably won't do well in the wild.

~

~

~

#20    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'd like to see one try and open a door with a door knob rather than a door handle.

But the whole scene made me giggle.
*Door opens* *Flop!* Lady: Good job.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#21    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,883 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

when they're that size and they sets their mind on going somewhere ...

Posted Image

who you gonna call ? :lol:

`

~

~

#22    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Who knows, it might be completely accidental. A confined snake will continually crawl around its enclosure exploring or looking for a way out (in this case looks like a bathroom) and with that type of handle, in trying to gain something to climb on it triggers the door handle and opens the door.

Now when it learns to open the gate to the dog kennel, we have a problem....

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

We should not try to keep wild animals.  It is difficult on us and miserable for the animal.  Animals that have had many generations of domestication are different and have evolved to our world, but even they don't have the instincts needed to deal with modern inventions, so they need to be kept safe.

#24    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,756 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

We should not try to keep wild animals.  It is difficult on us and miserable for the animal.  Animals that have had many generations of domestication are different and have evolved to our world, but even they don't have the instincts needed to deal with modern inventions, so they need to be kept safe.

Perhaps we should not try to keep certain wild animals after all, tropical fish are basically wild animals, so are Dart Frogs, Chameleons, Geckos, Corn Snakes, Parrots, Finches, etcetera. Most of these can be kept in reasonable enclosures that simulate their natural habitat, and in some cases such as certain fish species, they are now extinct in the wild. Habitat destruction marches onward; had it not been for hobbyists or zoological preserves, they would be gone now. But keeping any wild species should not be taken lightly and research into the needs of the animal should be paramount.

I do think it is foolish to keep dangerous animals as house pets. A full grown big cat or Burmese Python can easily kill a human, but then so can a Pit Bull Terrier under the right circumstances.

#25    Jules97

Jules97

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

To me this video is completely fake. It looks as if the snake was just propped up against the door causing the door to open imo its fake.

#26    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

WTF????

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

We have numerous geckos, and they are good for controlling mosquitoes, although nowadays mosquito control has kinda taken away their job so we have to throw them bits of fish.  The resident cats would dearly like to get their hands on them, but the geckos are too smart to come down from the ceiling.

I don't think of them as pets, but as co-residents who come and go as they please.

#28    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Btw, RIP Julius :'(

You awesome snake, you.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#29    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,282 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

When a python learns how to drive a car(automatic as opposed to stick shift) we're in trouble.

Lets see, it uses its mouth to insert and turn the ignition key.
Then it uses its mouth to grasp on the steering wheel.
Then it uses its tail for acceleration and braking.

Oh God, first monkey's driving cars... then maybe this... I think I'll have another beer, put myself to bed and cry.

#30    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

The door has a handle instead of a knob which would have been much more impressive to see but I must say, this video creeps me out on so many levels... the dull thud of the snake hitting the ground, and worse the woman in the background saying, "good job" like she's training a herd of murderous door opening pythons to be her minions.

Also tagged with julius, albino burmese python, doors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users