Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Pyramids found in the Bermuda Triangle


  • Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#16    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,158 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostPax Unum, on 26 June 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Wiki has an article about the 'Cuban_underwater_city', it's supposedly located at these coordinates N 21.77255 W 84.83674, which is about 730 kilometers from closest southern edge of the Bermuda triangle...

Posted Image

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong. Not that either of the two depths are evidenced as having been above sea level within the last 6000 years, the former according to the original (2001) story, they're not.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostIrna, on 26 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Maybe you should read a few pages to see what it's about :D
What is bothering you: the fact that I call hills "pyramids", or the fact that I call "pyramids" hills?

Im sorry. I didnt notice that you called pyramids hills.
Problem solved.
When I see Bosnian pyramid something strikes me in my head that my mind become fog.
Its all about naive tourists, sadly.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Irna

Irna

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined:27 Jun 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

View Postthe L, on 26 June 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Im sorry. I didnt notice that you called pyramids hills.
Problem solved.
When I see Bosnian pyramid something strikes me in my head that my mind become fog.
Its all about naive tourists, sadly.

No problem :)

Back to the Cuba "pyramid": in the last part of this article, I've tried to make a summary of what is known of the Zelitsky/Weinzweig discovery, along with a link to and some commentaries about the only report by a scientist, the geologist Dr. Ituralde-Vinent.

Edited by Irna, 26 June 2013 - 08:44 PM.


#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 23,867 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostPax Unum, on 26 June 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Wiki has an article about the 'Cuban_underwater_city', it's supposedly located at these coordinates N 21.77255 W 84.83674, which is about 730 kilometers from closest southern edge of the Bermuda triangle...

Posted Image

I think the Cuban underwater city is a different thing. The underwater pyramids are supposedly to the east of the Bahamas I thought.

http://www.andrewcol...ticles/city.htm
http://www.andrewcol...es/lostcity.htm

Edited by DieChecker, 26 June 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

    < 420 Conspirator >

  • Member
  • 18,862 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Suburbia

  • "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 26 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong. Not that either of the two depths are evidenced as having been above sea level within the last 6000 years, the former according to the original (2001) story, they're not.

cormac

It's also interesting that no ruins are found anywhere on the actual Cuban island from 6-10 thousand years ago, I'd think they'd build somewhere besides on an underwater hillside...


#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 26 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think it's rather interesting that while the Wiki article claims it's "between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft)" deep Google Earth actually places that location at 4500+ feet below sea level. Looks like someone was fudging their measurements and still got it wrong.

For a second I thought on Abyssopelagic valleys then I notice "feets".

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#22    markprice

markprice

    what

  • Member
  • 3,767 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

bumping this for an update


One of the links says, "Unfortunately for the world of science, there is no way of verifying this "discovery": regrettably, Dr. Brown’s diving companions drowned whilst trying to return to the pyramid, whilst Dr. Brown himself, now no longer with us, kept his discovery hidden for years for fear of having his crystal confiscated by the U.S. government, and the pyramid was never found again."

What? the site also says, "The story is of course a hoax - and not a very recent one,..."

That is the worst stab at debunking I've ever seen and makes me think this is probably true.



&#9733;Pyramids Giant Sphinx~ Atlantis Found In Bermuda Triangle ~ AMAZING Underwater Photography&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; | Beyond Science

A mile deep = 1609 meters

This is getting shilly - Math

#23    MissJatti

MissJatti

    SuperNatural

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Where the sun shines the brightest

  • Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

if so, could that pyramid be part of the city of atlantis

Posted Image

#24    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 9,104 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

I started the BS meter running when I read that the Arctic ice cap melting caused massive flooding.  Also teh massive tectonic shifts just a few thousand years ago is bad science al the way around. Hoax.

Edited by Merc14, 03 February 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

"There is no difference between Communism and Socialism, except in the same ultimate end:  Communism proposes to enslave men by force, Socialism-by the vote.  It is merely the difference between murder and suicide."  - Ayn Rand

#25    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,188 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 03 February 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

bumping this for an update


One of the links says, "Unfortunately for the world of science, there is no way of verifying this "discovery": regrettably, Dr. Brown’s diving companions drowned whilst trying to return to the pyramid, whilst Dr. Brown himself, now no longer with us, kept his discovery hidden for years for fear of having his crystal confiscated by the U.S. government, and the pyramid was never found again."

What? the site also says, "The story is of course a hoax - and not a very recent one,..."

That is the worst stab at debunking I've ever seen and makes me think this is probably true.



&#9733;Pyramids Giant Sphinx~ Atlantis Found In Bermuda Triangle ~ AMAZING Underwater Photography&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; | Beyond Science

A mile deep = 1609 meters

Please look up the human limit to diving. Clearly, you can't dive to that depth.


#26    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,188 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

This hoax is old. This is very clearly a hoax. It has seen various reincarnations with new things like Google Earth and new names and new countries for the explorers.

It reminds  me of the story of the office worker dead at his desk for 3 days before people realized he was dead. That story changes countries and companies and names.


#27    markprice

markprice

    what

  • Member
  • 3,767 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

View Poststereologist, on 03 February 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Please look up the human limit to diving. Clearly, you can't dive to that depth.

I would think the divers would look that up before diving to their death, plus they used submarines the first time.

Could it be......MURDER!   

(lol)

Then they sonar image and do no further expedition which means one of two things: hoax or cover-up.

Is the sonar image fake?

This is getting shilly - Math

#28    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 23,867 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostPax Unum, on 26 June 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

It's also interesting that no ruins are found anywhere on the actual Cuban island from 6-10 thousand years ago, I'd think they'd build somewhere besides on an underwater hillside...
That is just how ecologically advanced they were. They reserved their "footprint" to that one area. (Sarcasm!)

Edited by DieChecker, 04 February 2014 - 12:24 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#29    stereologist

stereologist

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,188 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 03 February 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

I would think the divers would look that up before diving to their death, plus they used submarines the first time.

Could it be......MURDER!   

(lol)

Then they sonar image and do no further expedition which means one of two things: hoax or cover-up.

Is the sonar image fake?

The sonar image is probably fake. Then again you might ask yourself which of the fakes are we talking about. Over the years I've seen several very different fake sonar images.

The diving claim is a lie. The people mentioned don't exist. The places mentioned change.

I always wonder why people fall for such obvious hoaxes.


#30    markprice

markprice

    what

  • Member
  • 3,767 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

View Poststereologist, on 04 February 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

The diving claim is a lie. The people mentioned don't exist. The places mentioned change.


There were other divers:

Apparently, these structures were first identified back somewhere between 1968-1970 by Raymond Brown, why are we only hearing about them now?  There could be plenty of speculation about the reasons for their discreet identities, though they have recently been verified as ‘real’ by both U.S. and French diving teams. These pyramids are said to be at least three times larger than the Cheops in Egypt and made out of some type of smooth crystal.  Dr. Meyer Verlag, oceanographer, re-discovered the pyramids at approximately 2000 meters below the surface with the use of a sonar detector recently. What are the implications of this finding?

New Horizons in the Sea -Crystalline Pyramid Structures In Bermuda Triangle Contributed to Disappearances?(video)

This is getting shilly - Math




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users