Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive home

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostSubtemperate, on 23 June 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

So when an Aussie does it its a disgrace... but when Indiana Jones does it he remains cool?

is someone a little confused between fact and fiction? Or reality versus films perhaps?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#17    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

...Or perhaps even Sarcasm?

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postseeder, on 23 June 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

is someone a little confused between fact and fiction? Or reality versus films perhaps?

On this site, from what I have seen, quite a few get their education from TV and Movies....... :blush:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,194 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

I kid you not... when I was about 14 (the early 1980s) I was riding with my uncle in his little MG Midget when we were pulled over by a cop. My uncle was drunk. The cop got him out of the car, gave him a field sobriety test which he actually passed, but it was clear he was three sheets to the wind still. Then my dear uncle started giving the cop some lip. The cop got SO mad he told ME to drive! Now, I could kind of drive a car at that point, but had never done that on a real street and his MG was a manual transmission and I'd never driven a manual. I was way too scared to tell him I wasn't 16 or a licensed driver! My uncle told me to shut up and drive. OMG. I killed the car half a dozen times trying to get out of there... but I did manage to limp it back to his house! My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels! LOL. To this day, I don't think I've ever told my parents why he gave me that car. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 23 June 2013 - 10:37 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#20    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 23 June 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels!
which just goes to show, that-
'all's well that ends MissMelsWell'
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 23 June 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I kid you not... when I was about 14 (the early 1980s) I was riding with my uncle in his little MG Midget when we were pulled over by a cop. My uncle was drunk. The cop got him out of the car, gave him a field sobriety test which he actually passed, but it was clear he was three sheets to the wind still. Then my dear uncle started giving the cop some lip. The cop got SO mad he told ME to drive! Now, I could kind of drive a car at that point, but had never done that on a real street and his MG was a manual transmission and I'd never driven a manual. I was way too scared to tell him I wasn't 16 or a licensed driver! My uncle told me to shut up and drive. OMG. I killed the car half a dozen times trying to get out of there... but I did manage to limp it back to his house! My uncle threatened me within an inch of my life that was I was NOT to tell my parents ANYTHING about that incident. And I didn't! Know what I got for my 16th birthday? An adorable, red, convertible MG with beautiful wire wheels! LOL. To this day, I don't think I've ever told my parents why he gave me that car. LOL.

The good old days :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#22    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,194 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

A different uncle of mine liked to go to the tavern to play poker and drink... he'd throw his three kids, my sister and I in the back of the family Truckster, park at the tavern, throw a pizza in the window for us kids to eat all while he was in side gambling and drinking. Today, that would get you at least 6 months in jail.

it just make me think about how times have changed. And boy have they! LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#23    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 24 June 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

A different uncle of mine liked to go to the tavern to play poker and drink... he'd throw his three kids, my sister and I in the back of the family Truckster, park at the tavern, throw a pizza in the window for us kids to eat all while he was in side gambling and drinking. Today, that would get you at least 6 months in jail.

it just make me think about how times have changed. And boy have they! LOL.

Pussification of America

:)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#24    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,314 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

'back' in those days there weren't like 58 cars passing by a minute along the free way ... and kids were as safe in the presence of strangers as they were with a distant relative ... things has change and its not just what we think ...

now 20+ year old mothers shake their hungry infants to death because the mum can't concentrate on her favorite computer game of the day on account of the baby cries

what does this has to do with a drunk making a 7 year old kid drive him home ?
" Police on Friday charged a drunk man after pulling over a car on Australia's Gold Coast to allegedly find a seven-year-old boy driving him home at 3:00 am. "

the difference ?
no one died ...

and no one really cares do they ?
"It is a real concern to hear that children were being put in that position."

So what ?
who cares ?

~ cry ~

`edit - just edits

`

Edited by third_eye, 25 June 2013 - 04:40 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#25    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,194 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I'm not sure that's the case Third_Eye... I think people did die, so did kids... lots of them... no one ever heard about it or talked about it. I actually think far LESS kids die due to the poor judgment on the parents or caretakers parts.  For example, by the time I was 26, I had more than half a dozen dead friends. My daughter and her friends, at the same age? None.

#26    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,314 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 25 June 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I'm not sure that's the case Third_Eye... I think people did die, so did kids... lots of them... no one ever heard about it or talked about it. I actually think far LESS kids die due to the poor judgment on the parents or caretakers parts.  For example, by the time I was 26, I had more than half a dozen dead friends. My daughter and her friends, at the same age? None.

I lost more than a few friends due to illegal motor cycle races ... I know the feeling ... but what is seldom mentioned is that the ones that organised the races are adults, the ones who should know better ...

Now there are unmarried 'mothers' dumping new born infants here and there ... I don't know MissMels ... some days such as these I get that grouchy monster stirring deep from inside of me ...

Actually when I first saw the OP I thought "oh here we go" ... another of those threads that just stirs the stink and bad vibes ... so I thought I'll just lighten the mood a bit from the start ...

Maybe it worked too well eh ? :lol:

I am still wondering who the 'man' was in relation to that kid who was made to drive him home ... was there any action taken against him ?
" charged with serious traffic offences "

traffic summons ... I would have thought the offense would have been much more serious ....
if that was my kid I would probably be in court facing a manslaughter charge by now.

~cheers MissWells :)

~edit : just edits

`

Edited by third_eye, 25 June 2013 - 07:01 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

View Postseeder, on 21 June 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive him home

Police on Friday charged a drunk man after pulling over a car on Australia's Gold Coast to allegedly find a seven-year-old boy driving him home at 3:00 am.

A patrol car stopped the vehicle after it went by without its headlights on early Friday, to find the boy at the wheel and the man in the passenger seat.

"A man has been charged with serious traffic offences after police intercepted a car allegedly being driven by a seven-year-old boy at Surfers Paradise in the early hours of this morning," police said.

The 41-year-old was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and being an adult in charge under the influence of alcohol.

The boy is now in the care of relatives with Queensland state Transport Minister Scott Emerson saying he was stunned.

"I shake my head and am shocked by the madness of this," Emerson told ABC radio.

more
http://uk.news.yahoo...99.html#hfpoP5Z

Good job the kid didnt have a beer too, they might have got lost if so

What is really scary is that they only got caught because the headlights were not on. Otherwise this might never have been noticed. This is a disgusting example of parenting, and I hope the guy loses custody of any children in his charge. Surfers is one of the busiest places in Queensland. At 3am all the clubs close and the streets are alive with cars, cabs and busses. It is both amazing and a blessing that nobody was hurt.
I cannot help but be reminded of some idiot drunken father doing burnouts in another Gold Coast Suburb just a couple of years ago, not 5 minutes drive from where this kid was caught. Both his sons died when he crashed, and he fled the scene.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#28    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 June 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

Both his sons died when he crashed, and he fled the scene.

barstard

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#29    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,790 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Sorry, uh, son, I'm too drunk to, uh, drive.

Let's call a cab.

By the way, son, what the heck are you doin here at 3 in the mornin?

Did I leave you in the car?

Edited by pallidin, 26 June 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#30    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

Even better.......

MITCHELL, S.D. -- South Dakota police say a 14-year-old boy who was driving drunk has been arrested, along with his father, who sat intoxicated in the passenger seat.
Police caught the vehicle after receiving reports the boy was driving.
The boy's blood-alcohol content level was 0.165, more than twice the legal limit to drive. He was arrested for drunken driving, while his father was arrested on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and having an open alcohol container in a vehicle.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1810152.html

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users