Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Book of Mormon confirms that God is real.

book of mormon mormon mormon facts mormon research mormon evidence

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1    GentlyHewStone

GentlyHewStone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Details and evidences here:

#2    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Using baby cuteness to try and lure people in.  How despicable.  :passifier:

#3    Zalanox

Zalanox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

That was freaking brutal.

I'll recap so nobody else has to suffer through that idiot's voice.

"God is real because names, locations, and grammar."

#4    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Shouldn´t this be posted on April 1st?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,691 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

What about the whole "God punished Ham by making him black, therefore no black men allowed to be priests (before some time in the 70s)" business? Was that divinely inspired too?
Or the "lost tribe of Israel in America" bit? You know the one, the one that's been PROVEN to be cobblers courtesy of LDS sponsored DNA testing.
Or the "translating" the Egyptian Book of the Dead into the Book of Mormon via a magic hat.
Or how Smith died in a shootout after being broken out of prison, him being arrested for destroying a printing press because the owner of the press was printing stuff he didn't like.
Or the "God says polygamy is fine" "wait ... the government says we can't be part of America if we have polygamy so God changes his mind" stuff.
Or the rampaging sexual discrimination - Man will become as God, woman will have spirit babies for all eternity. Woman can't be priests (don't bring up Catholicism's rules on that matter, I'm annoyed by that too).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

It does seem a case of taking flimsy evidence and flawed logic and accepting it because one very much wants to accept it.  One wonders if this is genuine.

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Very interesting... I didn't realize the book of Mormon was so complicated... still conjecture though.  However, I will say it is much more believable than scientology.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Wow, this is probably the most laziest attempt to convert people ever.

Did this person actually think that on a forum that's been here for years where these arguments were discussed many times, that by just putting a video repeating such arguments would just make people "believe" all of a sudden?

It's ridiculous.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

#9    AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker

I'm not a Mutant.

• 1,715 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostArpee, on 22 June 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Wow, this is probably the most laziest attempt to convert people ever.

Did this person actually think that on a forum that's been here for years where these arguments were discussed many times, that by just putting a video repeating such arguments would just make people "believe" all of a sudden?

It's ridiculous.

There's a huge difference, sir.

Those arguments never had a cute baby in it.

You could also use puppies, good strategy.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Yea -- puppies and babies are also very good at selling toilet paper.

#11    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

The book of mormon talks about horses, elephants and camals living here in america.  It did this over one hundred years before science started finding fossals for these animals.

The book of mormon is not the book of the dead.  It is a book of life.  The book of mormon talks about leaders building hills so the people could see and hear them.  These "hills" were still in use when cortez showed.  Not in the dead mayan cities but in the living aztec cities.

The aztecs thought that cortez was christ returning as he had promise to do.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Oh give me strength.  All the things you mention were well known when Joseph Smith wrote the book.  Citing them as positive evidence is misleading at best.  (Except the Aztecs did not think Cortez was Christ but one of their deities).

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,691 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 June 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

The book of mormon talks about horses, elephants and camals living here in america.  It did this over one hundred years before science started finding fossals for these animals.

The book of mormon is not the book of the dead.  It is a book of life.  The book of mormon talks about leaders building hills so the people could see and hear them.  These "hills" were still in use when cortez showed.  Not in the dead mayan cities but in the living aztec cities.

The aztecs thought that cortez was christ returning as he had promise to do.
I never knew Jesus was a feathered serpent who could change his form.
Incidentally, Jesus? Neither fair sknned or fair haired.

I've seen pictures of the text Smith claims to have used, it's the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Smith was writing before Champoleaon translanted it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 June 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Oh give me strength.  All the things you mention were well known when Joseph Smith wrote the book.  Citing them as positive evidence is misleading at best.  (Except the Aztecs did not think Cortez was Christ but one of their deities).

Yes, one of their deities.  The only white bearded one they had. Of course they didn't call him christ wrong language.

Funny the show I just watched yesterday said they had just varafied that camels had lived here and they started here.  They werent collecting fossels in the 1830's.  Thery didn't know what they were.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 22 June 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

What about the whole "God punished Ham by making him black, therefore no black men allowed to be priests (before some time in the 70s)" business? Was that divinely inspired too?
Or the "lost tribe of Israel in America" bit? You know the one, the one that's been PROVEN to be cobblers courtesy of LDS sponsored DNA testing.
Or the "translating" the Egyptian Book of the Dead into the Book of Mormon via a magic hat.
Or how Smith died in a shootout after being broken out of prison, him being arrested for destroying a printing press because the owner of the press was printing stuff he didn't like.
Or the "God says polygamy is fine" "wait ... the government says we can't be part of America if we have polygamy so God changes his mind" stuff.
Or the rampaging sexual discrimination - Man will become as God, woman will have spirit babies for all eternity. Woman can't be priests (don't bring up Catholicism's rules on that matter, I'm annoyed by that too).;

Smith, wasn't broken out of jail.  A mob swarmed the prison, in the process smith was killed.

There are many times in the bible when plural marriage was ok'd by god.  Only later to have god say no to it.  Usually, because those who were doing it were doing it wrong.  I think brigam young went a tad over board at one time he had two hundred wives.

According to the bible you must treat your first wife the same no matter how many more wives you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users