Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

I think Shrinks and Society are crazy not me

crazy insane mental shrinks mental health

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,311 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

If I want to be a Leprechaun I'll be one,and if I go to a Shrink,he can be one too.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#32    MadManMalone

MadManMalone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

View Postredhen, on 22 June 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

What is freedom?

Your turn.
Freedom is the illusion of choice, friend. A cleverly concocted lie to keep the masses docile. Nothing more.

#33    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Can you post a picture of yourself in your wizard outfit?  Preferably by a Wal-Mart.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#34    Roy Don

Roy Don

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

All this talk of the wizard suit makes me feel like less of a loser since I really, really, really like Tricorner hats, although unlike the OP I am not ballsy enough to wear a tricorn hat on a daily basis. Regrettably, I don't even own one.

#35    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 22 June 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

For example to express my freedom. I shall dress in a Wizard Robe and Hat..
everywhere I go.. YES this includes Walmart.

I am truly free.. most people don't even have the mental freedom to Dress as they choose...

You don't have a psychological disorder, you're just another non-conformist. /yawn

#36    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

View Postredhen, on 14 April 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

You don't have a psychological disorder, you're just another non-conformist. /yawn

You don't know that because you have no idea who this guy is or how he acts, all you know is he wanders about in a wizard costume which is bizarre but in and of itself, not an indicator of a psychological disorder.  It sounds like he has been under the care of a shrink and has now decided that he knows better and is off his meds.   That may be fine as he may have been misdignosed or it could be that he is severely schizophrenic or psychotic and is now a danger to himself or others. I don't know if he will truthfully tell us if I have stated the case correctly but I'd hesitate to encourage him until we know what is what.

Edited by Merc14, 14 April 2014 - 07:20 PM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#37    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostMerc14, on 14 April 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

I don't know if he will truthfully tell us if I have stated the case correctly but I'd hesitate to encourage him until we know what is what.

Well, that's one of the limitations of psychology isn't it, they have to rely almost exclusively on self-reports.

#38    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostMerc14, on 14 April 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Can you post a picture of yourself in your wizard outfit?  Preferably by a Wal-Mart.

I'd rather see him run in the New Hampshire primaries as Presidential candidate, just like "Vermin Supreme".

#39    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I thought the job of a "shrink" was just to let you discuss your problems out loud and maybe get medication if you have a specific problem.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#40    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,494 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

There is a broad spectrum wherein people can act and be considered 'normal'.  Then there are those who react in a certain way that confuses others, perhaps these are crazy.  Wear what you want, but if you react in a way that is off the wall, or considered overly aggressive for no reason, then perhaps you could be labeled that correctly.  From you post, you seem to be someone who is very creative, but perhaps you try too hard my friend LOL.  I believe you add to the group and I like your post and your thoughts.

peace
mark

#41    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,353 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

Clinically speaking "crazy" and "normal" aren't terms used.

There's healthy, where your quality of life is good, and you're able to function day to day.

And there's unhealthy where you're destructive in one form or another and nonfunctional.

All we have here is someone wanting to wear a wizard outfit to Walmart and a proclamation that they're going to find their own happiness.

Psychologically speaking this isn't enough to go on, but as long as they don't hurt themselves or others, and they are happy.  That's a relatively fine mindset, so long as they don't believe themselves to be Merlin or anything.

Peace does nothing to test strength

#42    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

No, experts will say you're a nut because of what you are conveying - not your dress.

In my opinion, you ARE a nut but not because of what you wear to Walmart. :blush:

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

Also tagged with crazy, insane, mental, shrinks, mental health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users