Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stonehenge festival 2013

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

it's been cloudy as hell here too frank, but i'll still be watching out for it tonight!
god, as they say, loves a trier!
:-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#17    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 23 June 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

And today is a super full moon.  I was on the roof last night having a little party for the purpose of trying to see it.  Unfortunately, it rained.
yes, I saw about that. That's probably why it's been windy the last few days.
Why should that have anything to do with it? Well, it's traditionally windty around the Equinoxes, isn't it, I expect the Mooon probably has something to do with it.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#18    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 23 June 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

yes, I saw about that. That's probably why it's been windy the last few days.
Why should that have anything to do with it? Well, it's traditionally windty around the Equinoxes, isn't it, I expect the Mooon probably has something to do with it.
*whispers*
(this is solstice time Col. the equinox is three months away.....)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#19    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postshrooma, on 23 June 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

*whispers*
(this is solstice time Col. the equinox is three months away.....)
Yes, that's what i mean. It's often windy around the Equinox, isn't it, so it might be the same at the Solstice. It might be something to do with the Moon. That might be why it's windy today. That's my theory, completely unsubstantiated as it may be.

What's that you're going to say? The Equinox is nothing to do witht he mooon? Well, technically, perhaps, but it's all connected in one big astromological way, isn't it.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#20    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postshrooma, on 23 June 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

21,000 people had a terrific night at stonehenge on thur/fri as they celebrated the summer solstice.
http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/3476668
the weather was good, the police & security were low-key, and the atmosphere at what must be the spiritual home of the mushroom marketing board was rarely better.
the music was brilliant all night, and wandering around the site at 2am to take it all in was a joy in itself.
shame about the lack of sunrise, but it hardly mattered, and by 5am people were just too happy to be there to care.
definitely one of the best years ever, and with the announcement of a £27m restoration project, next year promises to be better still!
only 363 days to go.....

Welcome back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users