Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Museum statue mysteriously starts moving

ghost curse mystery egyptian haunted

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#106    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Why didn't they just turn the statue back to it's original position when they noticed it slightly askew?  Why is it going in a perfect circle?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#107    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

It's hard to tell if it does not move at all at night, we do not clearly see with all the blackness. Anyway, it seems to be spinning around mostly at day when people are walking and so the vibration theory seems to make sens here. Though it should be tested and why the other status do not move? They seems heavier but if there is such vibrations they may move by millimeters at least.

So, there is no way to prove or disprove anything for sure by means of this video only.

Edited by sam_comm, 26 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#108    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 June 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Rafterman provided a decent link which would further indicate its down to vibrations. Like how your phone will turn circles on a table if vibrate alert is on. Remember people, this thing doest turn very quickly, the vid was shot over a week.

The new vid however,  shows it climbing out of the cabinet and coming back with a KFC, which it shares with the other statues....but Im having probs linking it here so you'll just have to imagine it. :yes:

. :w00t:

**** didn't get real until it showed up with chicken.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#109    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostJessem, on 24 June 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Oh seeder :no: , if I have to explain what should be talked about instead of you just knowing whats more important, this world is in worse shape than I thought... This "statue" has gotten more threads and attention in the last day than even Iran's new president... it's sad :hmm:

Wouldn't it make sense that a topic like this would get more views than a topic on Iran's president? This site is called Unexplained Mysteries. This topic is a sort of mystery at first glance.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#110    IronAlchemist

IronAlchemist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think it's fake to be honest.

#111    Cherry-

Cherry-

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• I should have known better..

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

creepy

#112    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Right-handed corkscrew particles spinning left would create a left rotating statuette, as seen. Due to the known fact that most particles are thought to be right-handed like us, it most likely that they are left-handed. They are left-handed corkscrew particles spinning right to produce a force of attraction of around 1.6g at 38,000ft increasing slightly in strength toward ground level but generally flown through quicker. The fluid dark matter around the innermost core is spinning with the same rotation as the crust.

It's the same as the left lateral movement of the unfortunate 777 SFO approach landing path causing nose-up and loss of speed.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 12 July 2013 - 07:05 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#113    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 12 July 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Right-handed corkscrew particles spinning left would create a left rotating statuette, as seen. Due to the known fact that most particles are thought to be right-handed like us, it most likely that they are left-handed. They are left-handed corkscrew particles spinning right to produce a force of attraction of around 1.6g at 38,000ft increasing slightly in strength toward ground level but generally flown through quicker. The fluid dark matter around the innermost core is spinning with the same rotation as the crust.

It's the same as the left lateral movement of the unfortunate 777 SFO approach landing path causing nose-up and loss of speed.
THREE times in the last decade Earth's spin has missed a beat. These seemingly random blips cause days to temporarily stretch and shrink. They have emerged from the clearest ever view of how long a day is.

Earth's spin fluctuates as the oceans and the atmosphere push and tug on the planet's spin But these small daily variations hide longer-term patterns, some well known, some not.

Stutters in Earth's spin change day length

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 13 July 2013 - 10:46 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#114    gOOgLer

gOOgLer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

After 80 years in Museum and getting bored, the statue decided to start playing games with us.

#115    DystOpt

DystOpt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I write because kidnapping people to make them act out your cool and unique fantasies is frowned upon in most states.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Night at the Museum. Just goes to show the movie is always cooler than real life.

#116    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

You know, something about this bothers me. Why is it when a statue in a Roman Catholic Institution "cries" or "bleeds" it is a miracle. But when it is in an Egyptian museum, it is called the work of ancient spirits. Seems to me it is all the same thing.

Edited by Columbo, 01 August 2013 - 02:25 AM.

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#117    DystOpt

DystOpt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I write because kidnapping people to make them act out your cool and unique fantasies is frowned upon in most states.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostColumbo, on 01 August 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

You know, something about this bothers me. Why is it when a statue in a Roman Catholic Institution "cries" or "bleeds" it is a miracle. But when it is in an Egyptian museum, it is the called the work of ancient spirits. Seems to me it is all the same thing.

What? A hoax? A natural occurrence? A fluke event?

#118    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I've no idea--be it vibrations or some other physical phenomena--but I think it's pretty cool.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#119    Alexandra NightShade

Alexandra NightShade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

It wants it's Mummy! :blink:

#120    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,793 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Because, Columbo, today there are XXXXXXXXXXXX Catholics around the world (me included) and x followers of the ancient Egyptian religion. Discriminatory, you claim? personally I agree with you.

Also tagged with ghost, curse, mystery, egyptian, haunted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users