Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Video Footage Of Fairies In Lady's House

fairies

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 17 July 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

People report giant white fireflies, 5 times larger than previously seen. Normal fireflies don't glow white..
proof please

#92    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 17 July 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

The BBC have replied to my request to investigate these mystery white fireflies. They didn't think I was wrong about the idea. They were very cooperative.
big woop, you must be special now, dont you go to the pub and talk about this?

#93    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,052 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

People should keep in mind that the lady in the OP video never mentions fairies.. She states ORBS... The OP, currently named Natureboff, is the one who completely made up the fairies part.

#94    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Postrashore, on 18 July 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

People should keep in mind that the lady in the OP video never mentions fairies.. She states ORBS... The OP, currently named Natureboff, is the one who completely made up the fairies part.

Orbs, fairies, whatever... All I seen in that first video was dust..

#95    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Could of been a bug.

#96    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

as if this is still being discussed, i went camping the other day with my children on a fishing trip, in our cabin i shot videos of my tackle and showing off my equipment and i got the same effects like the above video, but me being used to the bug and wildlife didnt prance around thinking happy thoughts when they flew by me, they got the same old bug zap treatment, and hey for fun i checked the zapper and no fairy carcasses

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#97    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

There's been a lot of genuine reports and video footage of large white fireflies that still needs clarification one way or the other.

[P.S. I don't believe in 'fairies', only large white fireflies which people like to refer to as 'fairies']

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#98    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,418 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Tons of fireflies around my house. I can sit on my screened porch in the evening and watch the little white lights dancing around the backyard. No one (adults) I know of think they are fairies.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#99    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostLilly, on 19 July 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Tons of fireflies around my house. I can sit on my screened porch in the evening and watch the little white lights dancing around the backyard. No one (adults) I know of think they are fairies.
Well you must have discovered a new species then because there is no known firefly which glows white. Either that or you're telling porky pies..

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#100    quasar_kid

quasar_kid

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

This thread becomes more and more baffling.

#101    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 19 July 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Well you must have discovered a new species then because there is no known firefly which glows white. Either that or you're telling porky pies..

We have green fireflies out here in the Pennsyvainia sticks. I think I remember there being other colors when I was a little kid, but that was a very long time ago. Back when phones had wires and were used to make phone calls...

I also remember their being walking sticks, praying mantises, the black beetles that were like 2 or three inches long(that we just called Big Black Beetels), but I can't remember the last time I've seen any of those....

But anyway, just because I don't recall ever seeing white Fireflies doesn't mean they doesn't exist... lol

#102    CHRIS_UK

CHRIS_UK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• Humour is the key :D

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

So...are White Fireflies now a Cryptid?

Edit: Grammar

Edited by CHRIS_UK, 24 July 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#103    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 19 July 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

For heaven's sake, learn a bit of basic physiology.  As you have been told earlier, any suffficiently bright small light source will tend towards white BECAUSE of several factors:
- the way the eye responds at night after it has sensitised to very low light (colour perception is greatly reduced)
- the simple fact that ANY light sensor (eye/digital sensor/film) will 'overload' and tend to white on small bright light sources when adjusted for low light levels (look up 'saturation')
- the well known fact that your brain *and* your eyes are both capable of independent colour balancing - they will tend to adjust to give neutral colourings when there are limited other clues in sight (look up 'white balance')

These are things you should know, if you are seriously interested in all this or want to be regarded as some sort of authority.

For anyone who applies simplistic/ridiculous one-line fantasy explanations, and who is both uneducated and unwilling to become educated, these things may well be 'unexplainable'.  But a little basic knowledge can go a long way..

BTW, I live near an area that has many very bright fireflies - when I get a chance I'll do some footage using various forms of white balance and exposure levels to demonstrate these effects.  Don't hold your breath though - I'm busy..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#104    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

And by the way, like Lilly I can also report that the fireflies in my region look very white - sometimes even slightly bluish - to the naked eye, despite the fact that they are generally reported by science as being yellowish or greenish.

So, to NatureBoff/RingFenceTheCity/Rewlahool/SunnyBlues/tailormaneinafog/Lapedalleur/Humblemun/Smugfish these reports are actual people who are seeing actual fireflies and telling you exactly what they are seeing - are you calling Lilly, me and others liars???

Before continuing to do exactly that, I'd be most interested to hear your comments IN DETAIL about the issues I mentioned above in regard to colour perception at night.  Please show the dear readers your level of expertise by either agreeing to or properly refuting those points.  If the former, then I think an apology is in order.  If the latter, don't come into the battle of wits half-armed..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#105    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

After reading the whole topic I came to the conclusion that OP is trolling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users