Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

NSA, Prisim, Safe search engines, apps, ect..

bypassing prisim. keeping your data safe

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,265 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

:angry: Where there's a will there's a way..

That was very informative.. Thanks..

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,595 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 26 June 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

:angry: Where there's a will there's a way..

That was very informative.. Thanks..

YOu're welcome Prof ... I've been discussing this for years on many forums ... the only way is a private WLAN network .... your own relays, transponders, hubs, transmitters and splitters or the whole set up from the ground up ... and then you'll still need your own OS ... plenty of useable alternate OS for the hardware today with just a tweak or two .... but then you'll have no 'internet' to surf  .... :lol:

THere was some news of an alternate 'white' pages or alternate internet ... but it drowned in the surge of the internet we know today as far as I know //
BBS boards are a good alternative but it is far from secure too in regards to what you're looking for ...

Its nothing to worry about Prof ... just get use to it and just click on links that you trust ... like crossing a street ... you never know but you almost is always sure :tu:

`

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#18    Asadora

Asadora

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

• We have been given a chance to make things happen, but the instructions didn't include how to make things better.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

After knowing about Prism, though I'm not surprised by it one bit, I say we use this information to spread dis-information back to the government(s), NSA and whoever else has a finger in our pies.

Maybe if there was a way to find out what the 'trigger' words were then it could be very useful knowledge to use against the government. It's like thwarting at a hand that is reaching for that freshly baked plate of cookies. 'No! Those aren't for you. Noooo cookies for you!'

;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#19    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Linux, anyone? :yes:

DuckDuckGo is a pretty good search engine that doesn't record your searches, much more popular since the demise of scroogle.  However...

As you all know, real security is a forlorn hope in a dream world.

#20    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,265 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostRabidCat, on 27 June 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Linux, anyone? :yes:

DuckDuckGo is a pretty good search engine that doesn't record your searches, much more popular since the demise of scroogle.  However...

As you all know, real security is a forlorn hope in a dream world.

Yeah, I tried DuckDuckGo, but am finding Ixquick fit's my needs better on account of the pictures/video search options. each to their own I guess.

As for real security being a forlorn hope, I kind of want to cling onto that.. Sure it's a dream world in this day an age, but to abandon hope is defeatist.. Am sure in the light of Prism and the snoops an entire new industry will be born to counter it..

I miss the carefree internet of the 90's..

Hell, I even miss the groovy 70's and my old Fountain Video games.. :lol:

#21    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 27 June 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yeah, I tried DuckDuckGo, but am finding Ixquick fit's my needs better on account of the pictures/video search options. each to their own I guess.

As for real security being a forlorn hope, I kind of want to cling onto that.. Sure it's a dream world in this day an age, but to abandon hope is defeatist.. Am sure in the light of Prism and the snoops an entire new industry will be born to counter it..

I miss the carefree internet of the 90's..

Hell, I even miss the groovy 70's and my old Fountain Video games.. :lol:
Just on principle, I'll take a look at your favorite.  May suit me better, always looking for something better.

As to hope, well, that's a sword with multiple edges.  I'd like to think someone will find a way to kick ass on any form of tracking/eavesdropping, since it's my firm conviction that government snooping should be strictly limited.  And there are ways to foil that sort of thing, but those are complex, and one way or another you can be tracked etc.  If anything needs to be completely secure, internet is not the way to go, phones either.  So I limit internet commentary to stuff I don't care if anyone else knows; mostly I just keep my yap shut.

There are still ways to find things that aren't meant as general knowledge (on the web), but it's chancy.  I've had occurrances around here that don't make a lot of sense, unless I'm somehow being checked out.  Call it paranoid, but I did and do take measures, and those occurrances have ceased.

Hell, I miss the 70s too, what with all the wonderful technological advances I had the opportunities to work on then, also the 80s and 90s and early 2000s.  But that is finished, now I'm an old fart with my own ideas to work on (which no one knows of), and that makes me a bit happier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users