Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man believes he found fossilized Bigfoot head

bigfoot head todd may rock

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 09 July 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Perhaps he truly believes that he has seen Bigfoot twice and that he has found a fossil Bigfoot head AND he is making it all up. Perhaps this is a tangible example of the power and influence of the imagination in the human experience of “real life”. After all we, all "spin it" to some degree...
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one, sometimes not. Not really sure in this guy's case because there's no way to know all the facts, so we're left to speculate (just add spin). The truth is probably buried somewhere in the middle. He may have truely thought he had a genuine sighting, got jumpy, and found the rock.

Stardrive - If one “questions if everything they've ever been told is true or not” in such an unusual experiences why do you think they never seem to question themselves – ie question our basic perceptual and cognitive limitations as flawed human beings? What’s your take on that?
I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's spot on, I questioned my own sanity and state of mind when confronted with a bizzare find.

I'm curious as to what you've observed in Oz.  Is that the trend you've been seeing? [that people don't ever seem to question themselves]

Posted Image

#47    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostStardrive, on 09 July 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one, sometimes not. Not really sure in this guy's case because there's no way to know all the facts, so we're left to speculate (just add spin). The truth is probably buried somewhere in the middle. He may have truely thought he had a genuine sighting, got jumpy, and found the rock.

I think that May's Bigfoot evidence is an objective demonstration of his Bigfoot belief. He is sincere but obviously incorrect. It happens frequently in all corners of the globe - we're all human...

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's spot on, I questioned my own sanity and state of mind when confronted with a bizzare find.

I've heard that before but none could ever back it up - so did you actually go see anyone (like a mental health professional) about your "bizzare find"?

I'm curious as to what you've observed in Oz.  Is that the trend you've been seeing? [that people don't ever seem to question themselves]

I don't think that it is a trend per se but rather forms an intrinsic part of the broader phenomenon (the "I-know-what-I-saw syndrome"). This apparent lack of self-questioning and unawareness of basic human flaws and limitations seems to go hand-in-hand with a lack of detail within reports and a disdain for outside scrutiny of claims within Bigfoot-proponent circles. In my experience such features are no more prominent in Oz than in your neck o' the woods...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#48    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,208 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 10 July 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

I think that May's Bigfoot evidence is an objective demonstration of his Bigfoot belief. He is sincere but obviously incorrect. It happens frequently in all corners of the globe - we're all human...
Could very well be. I found what looks like a petrified turtle head last summer. But I don't know for a fact that's indeed what it is. I guess it depends on the state of mind and intent of the person who finds such a thing.

I've heard that before but none could ever back it up - so did you actually go see anyone (like a mental health professional) about your "bizzare find"?
I don't think a professional shrink would have been able to help me very much. They would probably say something like "hurry up and get a patent on that!" Actually, the only type of professional that would be interested in what I found would be a socio-cultural anthropologist because they're the ones that study hunting techniques. And I don't know of one as of yet. I did contact a Cherokee medicine man to see if he knew anything about it. He seemed eager and willing to listen at first, then when I showed him, silence.

I don't think that it is a trend per se but rather forms an intrinsic part of the broader phenomenon (the "I-know-what-I-saw syndrome"). This apparent lack of self-questioning and unawareness of basic human flaws and limitations seems to go hand-in-hand with a lack of detail within reports and a disdain for outside scrutiny of claims within Bigfoot-proponent circles. In my experience such features are no more prominent in Oz than in your neck o' the woods...
Ok. That was a mouthful right there but I catch your drift. I'm on the outside looking in, and here's what I see. Your interpretation of the "I know what I saw" syndrome may be slightly skewed by your own devout skeptisism. If the individual, who claims to have had the sighting, saw the said creature in plain view, unobscured, in the daytime, then they very well may know for a fact what it is they saw. If not, then it's quite possible they are mistaken and it's a case of misidentification.

Oftentimes if you put the shoe on the other foot (so to speak) you see a different side to things and you just may find out where this "distain for outside scurtiny" originates. Even though this is a discusssion forum, not a prove it to me forum, try it out for yourself and watch what happens.

Posted Image

#49    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postevancj, on 26 June 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

This is a fine example of a grown man with an over active imagination and lack of critical thinking skills. I would love to see his fossil collection, it would probably be a great abstract thought exercise.

:w00t:

Fossilised Mammoth

Posted Image

Fossilised Hyrax

Posted Image

Fossilised Hyrax Egg, validating the above Fossilised Hyrax

Posted Image

Fossilised Sandwich

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#50    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

View Postevancj, on 26 June 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

This is a fine example of a grown man with an over active imagination and lack of critical thinking skills. I would love to see his fossil collection, it would probably be a great abstract thought exercise.

Well now, in all fairness he did say he would give a portion of it up for examination by scientists, "May says he’d be perfectly happy to allow scientists to examine his Bigfoot skull, but he wouldn’t want it to fall into someone’s hands “where it just sort of disappears.”

I doubt anyone will want to spend money on it though, just because it's too implausible.

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 July 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Can we play a guessing the rock game?
I will go second after Todd May:

Posted Image

Noooooo, Todd is NOT in any part of the photo! :whistle:

Aww... I see a bunny!!  A big bunny.  Very, very big bunny.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users