Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

What do you think of this?

nasa future is now

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 25 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

burying alive tens of thousands of Iraqi soldiers in their trenches in Gulf War I (1991)

The Iraqi Government reported that they found 41 bodies following the infamous "bulldozer assault".  Even it had led to "tens of thousands" of Iraqi military deaths, such an assault would have been justified given the high risk to US forces in clearing the trenches by hand and the need to continue the Blitzkrieg-style assault that proved so successful in Gulf War One.  The Iraqis were given ample opportunity to surrender.

From the PBS show Frontline:

One infamous incident during the war highlighted the question of large-scale Iraqi combat deaths. This was the `bulldozer assault' in which two brigades from the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized)--The Big Red One--used plows mounted on tanks and combat earthmovers to bury Iraqi soldiers defending the fortified "Saddam Line."

While approximately 2,000 of the troops surrendered, escaping burial, one newspaper story reported that the U.S. commanders estimated thousands of Iraqi soldiers had been buried alive during the two-day assault February 24-25, 1991.

However, like all other troop estimates made during the war, the estimated 8,000 Iraqi defenders was probably greatly inflated. While one commander thought the numbers might have been in the thousands, another reported his brigade buried between 80 and 250 Iraqis. After the war, the Iraqi government found 44 bodies.

http://www.pbs.org/w...ndix/death.html

Edited by Rafterman, 25 June 2013 - 08:31 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#32    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 25 June 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

My question is... - If this is fake and staged, I want to know one thing - What are their reasons for staging this?   To gain what?

Let's see - 2,000+ You Tube subscribers, almost 75,000 views on You Tube, thousands of forum posts discussing the topic,etc.

If you go to the Stop The Crime page, you can even buy really cool magnetic panels for your car.

Basically this group is just a CTers wet dream all rolled into one handy package - HAARP, chemtrails, fluoridation, toxic food, vaccines, etc. etc.

It's just nonsense and the Conspira-sheeple just lap it up hook line and sinker.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#33    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 25 June 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Wasn't there a video during the cold war that the Soviets had a dogs head removed and was still alive by using pumps?

More recently Russian scientists also grafted a small person's larynx into a bipedal lizard and sent him to the USA to sell insurance.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#34    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 2,081 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 25 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

More recently Russian scientists also grafted a small person's larynx into a bipedal lizard and sent him to the USA to sell insurance.

Almost slipped that one right by me...until I saved a bunch of money on car insurance.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 24 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....i4dejjWw#at=227

can't get the video to show up.

You need to remove the  S from the beginning - https, so that it just says http://

so without the S the vid suddenly appears, like this

Edited by seeder, 25 June 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#36    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,646 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 25 June 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Almost slipped that one right by me...until I saved a bunch of money on car insurance.

I think they were successful in similar swine experimentation, but heard they could not remove the "whee!" from their subject.

#37    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 June 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Let's see - 2,000+ You Tube subscribers, almost 75,000 views on You Tube, thousands of forum posts discussing the topic,etc.

If you go to the Stop The Crime page, you can even buy really cool magnetic panels for your car.

Basically this group is just a CTers wet dream all rolled into one handy package - HAARP, chemtrails, fluoridation, toxic food, vaccines, etc. etc.

It's just nonsense and the Conspira-sheeple just lap it up hook line and sinker.

So your position is that the report is fake and the reasoning behind it is to get youtube subscribers, have people discuss it on forums and sell bumperstickers?

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#38    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostKowalski, on 24 June 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

I just saw some of it, and....really not sure what to make of this....showing Americans being tortured and killed on primetime tv? If I could see the NASA document, they are showing, that would really help....

What would really have helped is if the woman interviewee had actually read it too. I only watched the first few minutes until she uttered the word Illuminati and my Con-dar went off. Yup, she read the lines about torturing Americans on live tv to the interviewer as if to attribute it to dastardly U.S. agencies, but from the actual, real fake document, the context is; Anti-U.S. RMA “Strategies/Tactics”, so they're talking about Jihadis cutting off heads on CNN, just like do on Al Jazeera.

p.s. shouldn't this be in the Conspiracy forum?

edit; if this pdf was lifted from an actual NASA website, why don't they give us the url so we can put into an archiver like http://archive.org/web/web.php so we can see the source?

Edited by redhen, 25 June 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#39    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,646 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 June 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

The Iraqi Government reported that they found 41 bodies following the infamous "bulldozer assault".  Even it had led to "tens of thousands" of Iraqi military deaths, such an assault would have been justified given the high risk to US forces in clearing the trenches by hand and the need to continue the Blitzkrieg-style assault that proved so successful in Gulf War One.  The Iraqis were given ample opportunity to surrender.

From the PBS show Frontline:

One infamous incident during the war highlighted the question of large-scale Iraqi combat deaths. This was the `bulldozer assault' in which two brigades from the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized)--The Big Red One--used plows mounted on tanks and combat earthmovers to bury Iraqi soldiers defending the fortified "Saddam Line."

While approximately 2,000 of the troops surrendered, escaping burial, one newspaper story reported that the U.S. commanders estimated thousands of Iraqi soldiers had been buried alive during the two-day assault February 24-25, 1991.

However, like all other troop estimates made during the war, the estimated 8,000 Iraqi defenders was probably greatly inflated. While one commander thought the numbers might have been in the thousands, another reported his brigade buried between 80 and 250 Iraqis. After the war, the Iraqi government found 44 bodies.

http://www.pbs.org/w...ndix/death.html

Perhaps a modicum of skepticism is in order, given that only vetted and embedded journalists, totally controlled and edited by the US military, had access to the scene, the information and the subsequent military analysis. In any event,sadly, my other citations are valid. Thanks for the corrective, R-Man.

#40    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postjugoso, on 25 June 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

So your position is that the report is fake and the reasoning behind it is to get youtube subscribers, have people discuss it on forums and sell bumperstickers?

Well yes, as it all relates to building cred in the CT world.  Do you deny that there is big money in being a major CT player?  Just ask Alex Jone$ and David Icke.

#41    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 25 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Perhaps a modicum of skepticism is in order, given that only vetted and embedded journalists, totally controlled and edited by the US military, had access to the scene, the information and the subsequent military analysis. In any event,sadly, my other citations are valid. Thanks for the corrective, R-Man.

Perhaps you missed the part that it was Saddam Hussein's own government that put forth the 41 figure?  It's clear to me that the "tens of thousands" figure was simply an off-hand anecdotal comment said by some General.

#42    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostRafterman, on 26 June 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Well yes, as it all relates to building cred in the CT world.  Do you deny that there is big money in being a major CT player?  Just ask Alex Jone$ and David Icke.

I´m sure AJ and DI make a good buck. I also believe that they are truly passionate and believe their claims. However, i think these people are the exception and not the rule and majority of people who are interested in different conspiracy theories are not in it for lucrative reasons. They truly don´t trust the government nor government controlled agencies i.e. major media. I consider myself to be a skeptic rather than a Cter. That being said, i agree that the woman makes some incredible and far-fetched statements.

G.Clinton

#43    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,313 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Maybe you guys might want to give the links posted on #26 here http://www.unexplain...15#entry4822661
a better look over ...

Those are all verified sources and gov and org sites ... official documents related to what the hoo hah is all about , it isn't all a chicky little dance

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#44    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,608 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 26 June 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Maybe you guys might want to give the links posted on #26 here http://www.unexplain...15#entry4822661
a better look over ...

Those are all verified sources and gov and org sites ... official documents related to what the hoo hah is all about , it isn't all a chicky little dance

`

Yes, it was an excellent post with a lot of links to verified sources. I haven´t had the time to check out the all the links due to shortage of time. I´m pretty sure Rafterman hasn´t checked out any of them (please correct me if I´m wrong Rafterman). I respect your skepticism around many things but remember that skepticism is a two-way street.

G.Clinton

#45    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, so, I decided to actually read the whole document and I found nothing nefarious about it. No talk of any mass murder...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users