Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If UR Congressmen was being blackmailed...?

us bill of rights us congressmen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: If UR Congressmen was being blackmailed...? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

If your Congressmen was being blackmailed by illegally gathered data using electronic domestic spying, would you forgive their transgressions if they fought like hades to end the domestic spying and data collection on Americans by our initial agencies?

1. Yes, I would support them. (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No, I would not support them. (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. My support really depends on how bad their transgression is. (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

4. I don't know. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Other: use your own words. (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,693 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

If your Congressmen was being blackmailed by information gathered on them via illegal electronic data collection done by our US initial agencies, would you forgive them for their transgressions if they strongly pushed for strengthening the US Bill of Rights and, in particular, Amendment IV:

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
http://www.archives....transcript.html

So what do you think?

Hypothetical here.

Edited by regeneratia, 25 June 2013 - 12:24 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#2    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

I barely support my congressmen now. This kind of crap is why the founders didn't vest that much power in the few in federal government. does anyone think this is the first time someone used blackmail to influence a government? guess what neither did the founders. they saw more accountability at the state level (I know my state officials personally) where as the people in D.C. are harder to get at on my end and fewer of them with more power.

IMHO we as a country have been so hands off for so long when it comes to our government we are getting what we deserve. the founding fathers saw this coming over two hundred years ago why is this news to anyone?

Edited by MiskatonicGrad, 25 June 2013 - 12:58 AM.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#3    F3SS

F3SS

Heading towards the unknown

• 9,443 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

That's the problem with this spying crap. If they fought like hell against spying I would be inclined to support them when blackmailed with it. BUT... That depends on the scoop being held against them. If it's some dirty stuff then I'm back to square one with screw em all and it is likely it would be nasty if it were being used for blackmail. It's tough to answer. I'd like to vote it depends on how bad their transgression was but I feel like that supports the spying. I'm torn but no matter the scoop I'm still against the spying. Tough question.

Edit: I vote the last option.

Edited by F3SS, 25 June 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,381 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Poorly worded question.  Congressman was or Congressmen were?   Blackmailed by who?   By the data?   What transgressions?   Whose transgressions?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,631 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

They should of been against it to begin with instead of waiting until it landed on top of them.  So probably not because if it hadn't happened to them they wouldn't be doing nothing.

#6    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

I would have to say that my congressman should first bring out the truth themselves, and then be honest about why they decided to come clean.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#7    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,693 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostYamato, on 25 June 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Poorly worded question.  Congressman was or Congressmen were?   Blackmailed by who?   By the data?   What transgressions?   Whose transgressions?

I thin it is pretty clear. Reread it. Who do you think has the capabilities to do domestic electronic spying?

Edited by regeneratia, 25 June 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

I couldn't place a vote.  But it would depend on what they did.  There is on box on the ballets that should be removed, that is vote all democrat or vote all republican.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#9    kargyrl10

kargyrl10

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Just smile, it leaves everyone wondering what you're up to.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Honestly, in my opinion, if anyone in any part of the government is getting blackmailed, they don't get my support! It shouldn't have ever happened if that was the case. Blackmail and threats always go hand in hand with one another, it still doesn't mean you give in completely. It's one thing to surrender yourself, but another thing to go with it and have authorities notified about what's happening.  They'll crack down on the perpetrator in the easiest and safest manor possible to prevent anyone from being harmed.  It's possible, it's happened before.
My hypothetical question would be: Why did the Congressman allow someone to do that? Majority of the time there's always a sign of some sort that leads you to think that something's wrong or something bad is going to happen, rather you know the specs or not.  If you tell anyone that you have a nasty suspicion about something and give legitimate reasoning for thinking it, they'll most likely look into your concern.

Just call me Karli...
It beats spelling out my screen name so often.

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

You cannot be blackmailed if you don't let it happens.  Just come out with the problem yourself.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users