Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

11,000,000 americans will lose their jobs.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

Many of these eleven million are selling illegal drugs on our streets.  When I was in salt lake, they considered it a three day holiday if they got arrested.  One day in jail, one day to visit family, and one day back here.  Being able to get them to stop selling drugs, but at what expense you going government help.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,039 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

View Postdanielost, on 25 June 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

Many of these eleven million are selling illegal drugs on our streets.  When I was in salt lake, they considered it a three day holiday if they got arrested.  One day in jail, one day to visit family, and one day back here.  Being able to get them to stop selling drugs, but at what expense you going government help.

thats a hard life to live... it cannot be popular!

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yes it is, and if we had those jobs it would be one thing.  But, we don't have those jobs right now.  More people will lose their jobs or have their hours cut by january first.

I have to admit, what ever happens I am going to be ok until they have to stop medicaid or ssi.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,876 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

"11 million Americans"?   Is this implying the confusion that asks  "Why aren't Mexicans called Americans too?"

Illegal aliens:  You're not entitled to get services and benefits from the government until you become a citizen.  You're not entitled to be here without a visa.   You're not entitled to work here without a work permit.   Technically you're not even entitled to leave prison and go back to Mexico without a passport.

I think when there's demand for onion pullers and the onion pulling company can't hire illegal aliens to get them pulled, there will be unemployed Americans standing around waiting to fill in the void.  Is that going to make the price of onions go up in Smallville?   Not in my backyard.  This weekend I pulled my own lettuce, spinach, tomatoes and onions and I lived.   Honest to God, I lived!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#20    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostYamato, on 25 June 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

"11 million Americans"?   Is this implying the confusion that asks  "Why aren't Mexicans called Americans too?"

Illegal aliens:  You're not entitled to get services and benefits from the government until you become a citizen.  You're not entitled to be here without a visa.   You're not entitled to work here without a work permit.   Technically you're not even entitled to leave prison and go back to Mexico without a passport.

I think when there's demand for onion pullers and the onion pulling company can't hire illegal aliens to get them pulled, there will be unemployed Americans standing around waiting to fill in the void.  Is that going to make the price of onions go up in Smallville?   Not in my backyard.  This weekend I pulled my own lettuce, spinach, tomatoes and onions and I lived.   Honest to God, I lived!

Mexicans are Americans, what would make you think otherwise?

Edited by xFelix, 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#21    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postdanielost, on 25 June 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

And then is correct.  If this bill becomes law, businesses will not have to pay for their health care or the penalty.  Meaning it will be cheaper to hire them than those who would have to be covered.  Enough people are going to lose their jobs on january first anyways.

You don't have to worry about this employer doing that. Bottom lines are important but so are principles. My business is small enough to be exempt from federally forced coverage, ATM at least, but principles still apply.

View PostHarte, on 25 June 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Are there 11 million jobs that can be done by underschooled, practically illiterate non-English speakers in this country?

Maybe, but the illegals are already doing those jobs.

Harte

You don't need to speak English to cut grass.

View PostxFelix, on 25 June 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Well Mexicans imply they are citizens of Mexico. Americans imply citizens of America. French imply citizens of France and so on...
A "sub label-American like African American and Mexican American is just a divisive group politics ploy. You're either plain old American by birth or legal citizenship or you're not. Heck, most African Americans aren't from Africa, have never been there and likely have no related kin from there. Those labels are a farce.

#22    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

nah, the usa has that name all by itself.  Just as mexican or canadians have theirs.  Need I remind you the name of this country is the united states of AMERICA.

#23    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostF3SS, on 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

You don't have to worry about this employer doing that. Bottom lines are important but so are principles. My business is small enough to be exempt from federally forced coverage, ATM at least, but principles still apply.

Well Mexicans imply they are citizens of Mexico. Americans imply citizens of America. French imply citizens of France and so on...
A "sub label-American like African American and Mexican American is just a divisive group politics ploy. You're either plain old American by birth or legal citizenship or you're not. Heck, most African Americans aren't from Africa, have never been there and likely have no related kin from there. Those labels are a farce.

The employees of companies who don't have to provide obama care hadve to provide it for themselves.  The same with those companies who opt to pay the fine instead.  As I keep saying obama care is intended to force us on to unversal health care.

The term african-america is on the way out.  They final decided it was designed to divide americans.

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

View Postdanielost, on 25 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

The employees of companies who don't have to provide obama care hadve to provide it for themselves.  The same with those companies who opt to pay the fine instead.  As I keep saying obama care is intended to force us on to unversal health care.

The term african-america is on the way out.  They final decided it was designed to divide americans.

I know. I've been telling my guys for two years to gear up for it. I can't afford to insure them and I'll guarantee you that if I offered them insurance but they'd have to take a pay cut, because they would, they'd choose higher wages and no insurance. I also bet that at some point some of them will be giving me the stink eye over their insurance debacle as if it's my fault and that's because they will hear Obama demonize employers for not providing every employee with a fully insured, fully pampered easy going life. The future of left wing politics will be to point to employers as the sole providers of your entire life no matter the job and you can bet that individualism and personal responsibility will be even more taboo than it is today once these forced government mandates start to fail because you can be damn sure the elites in office won't accept the blame.

Edit: who decided that? (The last part)

Edited by F3SS, 26 June 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,876 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Disambiguation.

They're North Americans, yeah.   The country they're from is Mexico. That's why they're called Mexicans.   Americans' country is called the United States of America.  That's why they're called Americans.   Using liberal PC language like you're trying to do accomplishes nothing more than creating an inaccuracy in language where people must suddenly misunderstand what country someone is a citizen of because you've got the entire Western Hemisphere identified as "Americans".  Not a very good idea.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#26    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,436 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostF3SS, on 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Again, as I pointed out, this is one of the jobs already held by a great many illegals.  So, if they become legal, how does that take away jobs from citizens?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#27    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostHarte, on 26 June 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Again, as I pointed out, this is one of the jobs already held by a great many illegals.  So, if they become legal, how does that take away jobs from citizens?

Harte

They will be able to work construction, janiters.  Not all of these companies are breaking the law and hiringthem under the table.  Or if they do t is only as needed.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostHarte, on 26 June 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Harte

Good point. It's like a paradox.

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

F3ss the lack americans on hanity this weekend.  They took over the show for little while to explain it to us.

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Old Burg

• 8,093 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postdanielost, on 26 June 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

F3ss the lack americans on hanity this weekend.  They took over the show for little while to explain it to us.

Ok I'll catch up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users