Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien existence, drip feeding theory

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Ma0773

Ma0773

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• I believe in more !

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hey Seeder

You sound like someone with strong opinions and ideals which is a refreshing to see, my personal view on this subject is as stated above in my second post, I think we should be actively seeking ETI in more proactive ways such as devising the technology to go to other solar systems and physically look around our selves, rather than sending AI in our place which is no substitute for the intuition and physical presents of a human.

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction. The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

What is your opinion when it comes to the current strategy undertaken by most governments, when it comes to space exploration?

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,640 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostMa0773, on 26 June 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Hey Seeder

You sound like someone with strong opinions and ideals which is a refreshing to see, my personal view on this subject is as stated above in my second post, I think we should be actively seeking ETI in more proactive ways such as devising the technology to go to other solar systems and physically look around our selves, rather than sending AI in our place which is no substitute for the intuition and physical presents of a human.

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction. The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

What is your opinion when it comes to the current strategy undertaken by most governments, when it comes to space exploration?

Allow me to post two of my previous posts to save typing again: -

quote:  well I dont know about that, and heres why: Our galaxy, the Milky Way is more or less 100, 000 light years across. So even at the speed of light, it will take 100,000 years to cross it.  So anything that is not immortal will be long dead even trying to cross it. Especially considering that the human life is approx 70 years, and aliens, being lifeforms too, will also have a finite number of years to live. So I dont think humans will ever leave the milky way, EVER!

But the good news is, WITHIN our galaxy, it has been suggested that there are 200 billion stars. And stars as we know are suns, and suns may have habitable planets around them, ie other solar systems.  So if life ever has a chance of reaching us I would imagine it will have to be from within the milky way only. Just my opinion of course.

And the figures mentioned dont even hint at the tremendous distances between the different galaxies...heres a visual

Posted Image

http://www.unexplain...ic=249483&st=75

and

Look at it this way, as light and radio waves travel at the same speed in the vacuum of space, the nearest star is approx 4.2 light years away, so a signal will take the same time as light does, to reach the nearest star, ie: 4.2 years, Then the same amount of time for a 'similar' signal to reach us 'if' they understood it, and replied with similar tech to us, so we will be looking at 8.4 years min, for a possible reply.

And thats the nearest star - Proxima Centauri.

Then we have Alpha Centauri at 4.36 light years, so a wait of 8.7 years. Plus we havent figured out yet if the star even has a potentially habitable planet. Its pointless sending signals to stars (suns), we need to send them to the planets around the stars.

Next nearest is Barnards star, 5.9 light years, so again, 11.8 years for a reply, - if - it has any planets at all that is.

then the next nearest is 'Wise', 6.52 light years, so 13 years for a possible reply

Then the stars after that all get further and further away, so nothing we can do is a quick method of sending signals.

But just because a star is near us - doesnt mean its got planets that 'may' be able to support life, so we really need to identify a star system, WITH a planet suitable for life, and then send the signal to it.

Stacking the odds against us isnt it?  

But lets say we do find a suitable planet to host life, we wont know if its lifeforms are just simple life like bacteria, or simple animals/plants, or even early forms of humanoid life. So sending a signal to a planet like that will yield NO REPLY, even tho its teeming with life!

As with Europa, there could well be bacteria in the seas, or simple fishy type things, and thats LIFE in the universe - apart from us, but fishy things cant reply!!

So relying on radio signals being picked up by potential lifeforms, could well miss ANY life....at its simplest form

http://www.unexplain...ic=249483&st=15

does that help?

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,925 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hey Ma0773,

Pardon me for barging in also, but I had a few comments as well.

View PostMa0773, on 26 June 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Indeed, we should. But given the resources required it is a massive undertaking with the potential of having a very limited outcome, if not disastrous for the crew. In my honest opinion it is prudent to have a very clear goal with the knowledge that the chance of success is very high and, sadly, we are not there yet. Lets get back to the moon and then Mars to practice our skills at space exploration while we in the same breath look for the most suitable destination and the best solution to get there..

The technologies are there in theory to get us to these destinations, but there seems to be no incentive at present to pursue these with any real conviction.

In theory, yes. Practically, not really. There is one solution that has not been pursued for many years, Project Orion, but that is still a far cry to be practical for space exploration by any means. Many means of space exploration are being diligently pursued by numerous scientists, but the Holy Grail of space travel is still an elusive one.

The ideas scientists are pursuing at present such a data stream transportation is utterly ridiculous, as it entails making copies of the original and making a matching copy of the information transmitted at the other end via particles, meaning I haven't traveled anywhere just have a double in the location which I wanted to go.

Why? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to communicate instantaneously with people we send out on prolonged journeys? And whatever their budgets, it is peanuts compared to what is required to launch a successful program enabling traversing interstellar space.

A good, prudent approach. Could always wish for more resources, but I honestly doubt it would make that much of a dent as we truly need a breakthrough and more often than not they come from personal genius rather than throwing a lot of money at it.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers.
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Life is abundant,I don't think there is any doubt about that.My personal opinion is that intelligent life thousands of years more advanced than us is maybe not quite so abundant.

We are tucked away in a quiet part of the Galaxy, and you have to wonder whether Aliens would want to use huge resources and energy visiting a relatively backward race of warmongering homo sapiens.

I don't believe we are being visited by Aliens, just my own viewpoint that's all.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#20    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,652 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

A Good start on this thread ! We are only going to step off this would in the Future If we can Fix it from massive destruction over the next Hundred years ! It will Indeed give us time to evolve and develop the infrastructures !  ITs a Long Way to  any where that Looks even close to what we need to survive on ! And were still Looking at 20 plus Light Years out ! That my friends is at least 80 to a 100 years away for us IMO. :tu:
But LEts Get on with IT !

This is a Work in Progress!

#21    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,628 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Need I remind you that we broadcast educational programs.  Meaning et can learn our language in route.

Earth has been visited by ets, they left us a code to live by.  Yes, I speak of god.  It is clear in the bible that god isn't from earth.@

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#22    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postdanielost, on 27 June 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

Earth has been visited by ets, they left us a code to live by.  Yes, I speak of god.  It is clear in the bible that god isn't from earth.@

The bible proves ET visitation?!,... To me thats like saying that old wives tales proves Thor is real.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#23    Exorcist

Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

If the government, or whatever, has knowledge of intelligent life, and if such beings are in contact with them, I am convinced that we will never get to know of this, and there will be no disclosure, ever. So I don't think we are being drip-fed.

In actuality though, I am far from sure that we are even being visited. As other posters have remarked, why would these ETs be in contact with the US government, or any other government? Stanton Friedman gives a number of reasons, but I think that none of them are particularly strong. What makes no sense is that these ETs would have been visiting our planet since at least the 1940s, and supposedly even carrying out abductions. What the hell would be the purpose of this? If they are so advanced as to be able to travel between stars, then they could learn anything they need to learn about this planet and its inhabitans within a few years, and would not need decades of visits and abductions. It doesn't make much sense. If we are being visited, I think it's by intra-dimensional forces, and even here, I don't think the government of any country has any more knowledge about this than your average Joe or Susan.

Edit: typos.

Edited by Exorcist, 27 June 2013 - 08:09 AM.

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,628 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostHazzard, on 27 June 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

The bible proves ET visitation?!,... To me thats like saying that old wives tales proves Thor is real.

Perhaps he was/is.  Myth is based on facts.  I know the norse gods were the only ones that could be killed.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,628 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

The ets that may be visiting us may not be real ets. I am saying they are from earth.  They have a city in space.

#26    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 June 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

I don't think we're being prepped for any disclosure. The government would never acknowledge that something more advanced and powerful than they are exists.

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#27    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,628 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostHazzard, on 27 June 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

There are several passages in the bible where abraham, isiac and jacob where they climb a ladder or see one.

#28    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,925 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 June 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

There are several passages in the bible where abraham, isiac and jacob where they climb a ladder or see one.

Climb or see a ladder?

Uhm, ok..

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,640 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 June 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Jacobs ladder was a dream Jacob had, Other versions are just symbolic interpretations.

start here
http://en.wikipedia..../Jacob's_Ladder

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,652 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

No ,No ,No , You didnt read that THe Bible`s says He Whom see`s Aliens and feed`s them with your own tit`e SHall see just How Hungry E.T really is ,As he consumes you ! :alien: :P

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users