Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien existence, drip feeding theory

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 30 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yes, you are correct. Broadcast signals drown out in back ground noise rather fast. Just a small blurp on this.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Just read that - very interesting.

So you can collimate radio waves to a specific point (i've been reading the wrong material). When you say a small cone though, I don't understand that, what do you mean?

#47    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Thanks Seeder. I'm the dumb leading the blind me....

View Postseeder, on 30 June 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Welcome to UM!

I too wondered who you had replied too, if you look at a post you want to reply to, you see a quote button to lower right of the post/page, click that and you will reply to the actual post you want to!

And for the rest of you guys, if you dont read the other forums, I will take this opportunity to plug a post I made about the new Europa movie, about a mission to go under the ice and look for life.

Its been getting great reviews for a new sci fi movie, and I for one cant wait to see it, so check this link pls

http://www.unexplain...opic=250350&hl=

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

#48    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

E.T wont even come near this Planet !  They have watched the T.V. shows for the last Fifty years ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#49    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Just read that - very interesting.

So you can collimate radio waves to a specific point (i've been reading the wrong material). When you say a small cone though, I don't understand that, what do you mean?

Hi Scanner, old buddy. How are you?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by collimate here. Typically it is a question of where the energy you emit heads to and broadcasting antennas emit in all directions, whereas a parabolas focuses the energy in a given direction. However, all electromagnetic radiation, be it light or radio waves, obeys the inverse square law. Essentially the quanta constituting the signal spreads out and there is nothing one can do about that. From my earlier post:

Loss = ( c/(4*pi*R*f) )^2

Where

C is the speed if light in vacuum
R is the distance the signal has traveled and f is the frequency of the transmitted signal

Here we see how light (given it's higher frequency) disperses less and that is why suggestions are to try lasers to send messages.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#50    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,824 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

I think if we were to put antanni thought the system, they could get a single to the closest star system.  Assuming they could focus that signal.

Radio waves are light waves.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#51    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

badeskov`s got it bang on Thats why I use my special relative red laser light transmitter and for sure watch for passing aircraft,A few unlucky sod`s here in Texas have been put in jail,and a heavy fine set for them to pay! But ITs a great way to talk to our E.T friends out there,where ever that is?
Just gotta keep on ,keeping on with my made up transmissions to the stars !
Mayb I will get a reply,maybe not? But THe Little beam heading off into Infinity seems quite the great Idea ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#52    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 July 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Hi Scanner, old buddy. How are you?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by collimate here. Typically it is a question of where the energy you emit heads to and broadcasting antennas emit in all directions, whereas a parabolas focuses the energy in a given direction. However, all electromagnetic radiation, be it light or radio waves, obeys the inverse square law. Essentially the quanta constituting the signal spreads out and there is nothing one can do about that. From my earlier post:

Loss = ( c/(4*pi*R*f) )^2

Where

C is the speed if light in vacuum
R is the distance the signal has traveled and f is the frequency of the transmitted signal

Here we see how light (given it's higher frequency) disperses less and that is why suggestions are to try lasers to send messages.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Hi Bad, yeah I good thanks mate - just ticking along as you do! Hope life's treating you good?

Yes that makes perfect sense. I've only dealt (vaguely) with receiving signals (radio scopes), so never really looked much into the aspect of sending a signal and how that all works. I understood that antennas emit in all directions (so I obviously wasn't reading wrong when saying they can't emit in a signal direction, as I thought I had).

My confusion came when you mentioned 'small cone', it's not a term I had heard....however, google is my friend so i'm reading some material now!

When I said collimate, it was just a different way of referring to align, as in sending to a fixed point without any scatter....which as I thought can't be done re: universal square law link. I had no idea they were looking down the route of lasers though..that's given me something else to look at.

Thanks for the reply :tu:

#53    eley

eley

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

No, no and no

I, as a former enthusiast of the likes of project camelot etc.. would listen to good old bob dean ramble on about how humanity would be in chaos if they were to find out aliens created humanity or aliens visited earth.

Erm no they wouldnt, even the most hardline skeptics ive spoken to have told me if they found out today in living colour that aliens are or were among us... they would say `okay cool`.... they would not mass panic or whatever (only the religious crazies would),  christians would embrace the aliens -- vatican have already said its okay if life is out there as they are all gods children!  just the muslims would go a bit psycho... but they can be dealt with a few nukes..

Point is..   this whole `slow disclosure ` theory really is kind of baloney..  for the point being the only kind of proof that will be clear to humanity of alien existence is a craft landing on the whitehouse lawn nothing more nothing less.

That isnt something which needs drip drip disclosure.. thats something which will or will not happen within the blink of an eye.

But to get back on point, the vast majority of humanity, even the skeptics..  are fully able to deal with an et existance reality if it was proven without doubt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users