Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kevin Rudd Restored as Aust Prime Minister

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,087 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostIrrelevant, on 30 June 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

In some ways I agree with libstaK, the private companies are ripping the wealth out of the public, but there putting it back via tax and jobs, and now they want to bring in foreign workers.. If Australia wasn't so dependent on them with its two speed economy I'd be all for taxing them to the hilt! But if industry suffers there's no fall back because all the other industries have been destroyed..so Australia needs them now, its all they got left
Thank you,

The point is they are avoiding so much tax that it is practically the tax payer that is funding not only their mining but the cost of the labour for the mining.  And yet, they still want to import cheap labour as well - what is with that, totally unnecessary.

I think it takes some real guts for a government to stand up and say enough to Global Corporate Greed and the end result could well be they leave.

But the resources are still there, the demand for the resources is still there and the labour force that needs work is still there. Along with the entrepeneurs capable of making use of them, because the opportunity to make a sensible and fair profit is still there - maybe it's time some of the more socially moral small businesses filled the vacuum of these greedy giants.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#47    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,888 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 June 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Is the situation really different in the States?  The two-term limit, it seems to me, only serves to remove a second-term President's power to do things, as his enemies need only sit on their hands until his term is up.  He doesn't have the potential of out-waiting them.
The President administers the laws passed by the people who kiss the butts of the people who bankroll them.   A different pair of lips on the same butt doesn't make anyone sit on their hands, only pull apart the cheeks.   It's shmoozing for dollars 24/7/365 these days.   There's never any waiting anyone out.  It's another verb.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#48    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,819 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 26 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I agree Arbenol it is a bitter end and the attacks were abominable, we don't seem to be nation mature enough for a female PM, which is truly sad. But what is particularly galling is that the same man who orchestrated her ousting of Kevin Rudd as PM over 3 years ago turned traitor no less than 10 mins before the ballot for the latest challenge and gave his vote to Rudd, after spending the entire day claiming his loyalties had not changed - Shorten is his name and Shorten-ed shall be his career now is my guess, it's obvious he manipulates both sides to further his own agenda now.

I do not know a single Australian who had a problem with her being a woman PM, 100% of people I know either supported the notion, or were completely indifferent about the situation. I have not ever heard a misogynist remark toward Julia at all, it is just that she hiked up her wages unbelievably, and really sucked at the job. So did Ruddy though.

I think it is rather obvious what is going on. Labour were losing support, they needed another gimmick to get across the polls that were failing them. Rudd is a gimmick man, he came up with the moronic idea of giving everyone a thousand dollars to waste, and when we actually needed the money, it was spent, we borrowed, and put the nation in debt. But the unemployed, low wage earners, and pensioners thought it was great. A thousand bucks man. Pity a large portion just went overseas to Ex Pats and did not help the country one bit. And his "Facebook Friends" crap. He got a lot of votes just because he paid some clerk to sit at a computer and "friend" as much of Australia as he could. Then we had the big backstabbing debacle with Julia, and it has bubbled to the surface every now and then to see what public support is.

You know what is coming next don't you? Rudd will claim he and the average Aussie Voter were "Cheated" by Julia's antics and now he wants to give Australia is best and show what he can do. Wont happen again this tie voters, because Julia promised to leave Politics if she lost. Like we are going to believe a Politician making election votes?

Sadly, some will fall for this.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,819 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 28 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

No. I'm in New Zealand. And even the Kiwi macho culture thinks her gender was used against her.

I have to agree with PA, never once have I heard any such thing, she was just crap at being PM, as was her predecessor, as was Keating. It's not gender, just incompetence.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#50    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,819 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 28 June 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Avoiding the GFC?

I will get to the other points when time permits, I am actually involved in the NBN, but avoid the GFC? Mate, you reckon? Killed the construction industry and it has never recovered. I do not think we avoided the GFC at all.

Edited by psyche101, 12 July 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#51    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,819 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users