Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Does Any Experts Know Why This Happens?

body senses unexplained feelings energy

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Do any of or experts have an answer for this? Or have you done this?
Its an activity I used to play with my freinds. And will work if you do it today on your own! All you need is someone else.

Setup:

You and a friend sit facing each other. Tell your friend to relax and to trust you. Tell them you are going to put your finger near a certain part of their body without touching them and they need to guess where your finger is. As soon as they relax and close their eyes take your index finger and move it slowly towards their upper part of their nose. Directly between their eyes. Without touching them move your finger slowly up and down from their eyebrows to the middle of the arch of their nose as close as you can. Then ask can you tell where I am touching you?

Normally what it feels like when done to you, is a sensation or electric static fuzzy feeling.

It was something I did when young and never got a good explanation for the feeling. I think its unique because the person receives sensation without touch or vision. Sort of sensation without the senses.

Try it and let me know what happens, If you have an explanation feel free to let me know. One theory is everyone has a minds eye located in that location and it stimulates it. Remember no touching, or it ruins the fun.


#2    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

  • Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hi,

I use to do this when I was younger.

Its an illisuion really - We think having our eyes closed makes us blind, however you can notice movement depending on how much light is being blocked etc.

Also we do release heat from our body, Normally after awhile the person can 'feel' this sensation - which is only heat transfer. Try it, Put your hand over somebodys arm just like the finger example, then just focus on that point, slowly you will start feeling a sensation(heat transfer)

Also there is a little to do with Static electricity - Charged objects create an invisible electric force field around themselves. The strength of this field depends on many things, including the amount of charge, distance involved, and shape of the objects

Nothing Mystial about it.

- Dont get me wrong, I know the third eye exists however, a little more than a finger close to your nose is needed.

Kind Regards.

Posted Image

#3    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Thank you, very good info.


#4    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

  • Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

You welcome, And welcome to UM, I see you joined in March :)

Posted Image

#5    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,151 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostAllterspace, on 27 June 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Do any of or experts have an answer for this? Or have you done this?
Its an activity I used to play with my freinds. And will work if you do it today on your own! All you need is someone else.

Setup:

You and a friend sit facing each other. Tell your friend to relax and to trust you. Tell them you are going to put your finger near a certain part of their body without touching them and they need to guess where your finger is. As soon as they relax and close their eyes take your index finger and move it slowly towards their upper part of their nose. Directly between their eyes. Without touching them move your finger slowly up and down from their eyebrows to the middle of the arch of their nose as close as you can. Then ask can you tell where I am touching you?

Normally what it feels like when done to you, is a sensation or electric static fuzzy feeling.

It was something I did when young and never got a good explanation for the feeling. I think its unique because the person receives sensation without touch or vision. Sort of sensation without the senses.

Try it and let me know what happens, If you have an explanation feel free to let me know. One theory is everyone has a minds eye located in that location and it stimulates it. Remember no touching, or it ruins the fun.

I experienced the same thing when I was younger. Even someone holding a pencil between my eybrows would produce the same effect as you described. I have no idea of the cause or relevance. The effect has lessend over the years.

However, something I can do, even to this day, is to think a certain way(which I can not describe, just that I somehow know how to do it) and my entire body feels like its electrified. I would like to stress that I can do this at will, at anytime, but I can not hold onto it for more than a few seconds as it becomes "pleasently overwhelming"

I've done this about 5 times just writing this post to see if I still can.

The important thing is that, other than the unusual bodily sensation, nothing external seems to happen.

My take on that ability, now that I am an adult, is that I am somehow able to consciously activate an excited nervous system at will, which may explain why I have an anxiety disorder.

In any event, now that I think about it I'm glad you brought this up: if I remember I will let my doctors know to see if there is any connection.

Edited by pallidin, 27 June 2013 - 05:06 AM.


#6    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 6,818 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

its the same reflex we experience when we look over the edge at high places ... that 'sensation' we get from 'somewhere'

when we feel heat or cold we can identify where it is coming from, or pain ... I believe it is what is commonly referred to as 'gut' feeling in the old days now the term means differently.

also that tingling sensation in the back of the neck or the chills that runs up and down the spine ... sometimes it is self induced ... sometimes maybe not ;)

I most experience such sensations with music ... I won't say 'great' music because sometimes its just a child singing a nursery rhyme ... its the voice as much as the music ... and I'm extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff.

~

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#7    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,151 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, it's amazing and somewhat bizzare what own mind can do(with regards to our own body)


#8    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postpallidin, on 27 June 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

I experienced the same thing when I was younger. Even someone holding a pencil between my eybrows would produce the same effect as you described. I have no idea of the cause or relevance. The effect has lessend over the years.

However, something I can do, even to this day, is to think a certain way(which I can not describe, just that I somehow know how to do it) and my entire body feels like its electrified. I would like to stress that I can do this at will, at anytime, but I can not hold onto it for more than a few seconds as it becomes "pleasently overwhelming"

I've done this about 5 times just writing this post to see if I still can.

The important thing is that, other than the unusual bodily sensation, nothing external seems to happen.

My take on that ability, now that I am an adult, is that I am somehow able to consciously activate an excited nervous system at will, which may explain why I have an anxiety disorder.

In any event, now that I think about it I'm glad you brought this up: if I remember I will let my doctors know to see if there is any connection.

Wow that is unique! Some electrified feeling or sensation which you can control? Its sounds like your very lucky. Imagine if everyone could control the feeling of euphoria. There would be no need for drugs, alcohol, gambling, or sex. Ok maybe we will always need sex, But it sounds exciting. You said you cant hold onto the feeling as it becomes pleasently overwelming? I wonder what would happen if you did, it maybe something you could try. Anyways I appieciate your thoughts.


#9    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 27 June 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

its the same reflex we experience when we look over the edge at high places ... that 'sensation' we get from 'somewhere'

when we feel heat or cold we can identify where it is coming from, or pain ... I believe it is what is commonly referred to as 'gut' feeling in the old days now the term means differently.

also that tingling sensation in the back of the neck or the chills that runs up and down the spine ... sometimes it is self induced ... sometimes maybe not ;)

I most experience such sensations with music ... I won't say 'great' music because sometimes its just a child singing a nursery rhyme ... its the voice as much as the music ... and I'm extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff.

~

Very good points. I really am surprised what you said about getting a sensation when you hear music. It caught me off guard. I always wondered why I got that feeling when hearing certain music. For me it is the voice singing too. I have no problems with singing on the radio or recorded, but put me in front of someone (mostly female and children) singing and I get chills and Goosebumps down my spine. Its so akward I look around to see if anyone has noticed my reaction. I'm glad its normal and I'm not the only one. thank you.


#10    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

  • Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostAllterspace, on 28 June 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Wow that is unique! Some electrified feeling or sensation which you can control? Its sounds like your very lucky. Imagine if everyone could control the feeling of euphoria. There would be no need for drugs, alcohol, gambling, or sex. Ok maybe we will always need sex, But it sounds exciting. You said you cant hold onto the feeling as it becomes pleasently overwelming? I wonder what would happen if you did, it maybe something you could try. Anyways I appieciate your thoughts.

I can create a sensation of euphoria by share will. Some meditation methods help with this.

In regards to music and the sensational feeling, I too get this. IMO and belieft, it has something to do with the vibrations and how certain vibrations effct you.

Kind Regards,

Edited by The Id3al Experience, 28 June 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,245 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

Well,the spot in question is where the third eye is ,so the area is already quite sensitive ,and it could be movement of chi .
Just my two cents .

Miss me?

#12    Paranomali

Paranomali

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.


    ― Arthur C. Clarke

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

That's interesting, I must admit I've never heard or done this, but im gonna go try it :yes:


#13    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostParanomali, on 28 June 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

That's interesting, I must admit I've never heard or done this, but im gonna go try it :yes:

Try it. I'm not too sure about the warmth of your finger or the light change theory. It would be good to do some experimenting. Such as wearing a glove or doing it in the dark. But its worth a try. Until thats done it cannot be explained. but for now I dont have someone to participate. so let me know if it works out for you. I think you will be amazed.

Edited by Allterspace, 28 June 2013 - 02:06 AM.


#14    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 28 June 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Well,the spot in question is where the third eye is ,so the area is already quite sensitive ,and it could be movement of chi .
Just my two cents .

That is where the third eye is depicted throughout the ancient indian culture. They often use paint or gems as visual repesentation in their daily lives. I am not Indian myself, but am curious what they might think. Sometimes I notice when looking at my daughter for a while (trying to get her too sleep) I see a third eye appear after staring at her, but I think its just my eyes crossing. good point. Chi is energy and the sensation does feel like energy.


#15    Allterspace

Allterspace

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 28 June 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

I can create a sensation of euphoria by share will. Some meditation methods help with this.

In regards to music and the sensational feeling, I too get this. IMO and belieft, it has something to do with the vibrations and how certain vibrations effct you.

Kind Regards,

Good to hear we have three people in here that are stimulated by music. I'm not alone. I remember watching musicals in a theater when I was young. the actors singing on stage was very chilling. I think It was due to vibrations of the sound.






Also tagged with body, senses, unexplained, feelings, energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users