Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

msnbc compares obama phone call

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 July 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Felix, there are many couples in this country that are in civil unions.  It seems to be enough for them.

The difference being that heterosexual couples and CHOOSE between civil unions or marriages. There are many legal rights granted to marriages that are not granted to civil unions.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#47    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 01 July 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

The difference being that heterosexual couples and CHOOSE between civil unions or marriages. There are many legal rights granted to marriages that are not granted to civil unions.

Then upgrade civil union laws.  You can get a devorce from a civil union.  

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#48    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 July 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Then upgrade civil union laws.  You can get a devorce from a civil union.  

You upgrade civil unions enough, then they are the same as marriages, so just let homosexuals get marriages.

Despite what everyone seems to b**** about, marriage is a legal contract, not a religious one.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#49    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

There is only one reason to call it mariage.  That isc bring it mainstream, which it will not be until most churchs will do thw cerimony.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#50    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postrashore, on 01 July 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

Danielost can't even tell us what the heck the OP commentary was that he made a point of typing about.. or what is was in relation to. How can he be wrong or right when he can't even tell us what the eff the whole OP was about in the first place?

What the heck did the commentator say that apparently only the OP heard.. on a broadcast that has no source?

Specifically, I'm saying he's wrong about the facts of legal marriage and civil unions. You're correct--the OP was quite incomprehensible.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#51    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 July 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

You didn't ask me that or I didn't see it.  But, he was trying to imply that obama calling some gay leader in california to congradulate him.  Was the samething as nixon calling the astronoughts on the moon landing.  In fact that is exactly what he said.  Takeout the imply.  As I said the moon landing gave everyone on earth a sense of hope. The supreme ruling affected everyone but nly brought hope to a few. Not, only that but it only brought hope only  in the states where it is legal.

I did ask using your name in my request, and to me apparently you did see my request because you said you couldn't link it because you were on a tablet (unable to provide post links) and you heard it on TV (heresay). I may be assuming incorrectly because your response was the next post after mine and you didn't quote me directly. Posts 14 and 15 on the first page of this thread. Other posts on page previous to mine also asked for direct links on page one, so perhaps you were responding to posts previous to 14 on the first page.

I did watch several lengths of that phone call.. and a coupe lengths of after. Of course, the youtube captures probably don't have the whole MSNBC.. Just the phone call and the male commentator flustured to the female commentator.

Danielost, your OP left me same as a random story on the ghost forums about someone said a ghost bus of kids pushes a persons car off the RR tracks.

That's why I have commented in this thread.. I'm coming back to you Danielost as the origin of this story,. What exactly did the commentator on MSNBC say? And what was the context? Why did your title claim MSNBC  commentator compares an Obama phone call to the moon landing? And exactly what was that comparison?

I'm not necessarily doubting  what you heard Danielost. Just you need to put it into context, much like any spooky forum on UM.

Bickering of pages here, and the OP isn't even clear about what he heard on the TV.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#52    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think it was chris wallace I could be wrong.  It was the older blondish male.

#53    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,817 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Postdanielost, on 28 June 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

I can't do links with this tablet.  Besides I heard it on tv.  I doubt there is a link to it.  It was a comment from the host.

You've been here for five years, you should have figured it out by now.

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” - Blaise Pascal

#54    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,791 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

Who cares now what the op verbatim context was? The conversation is in motion and I think it was quite clear from the beginning that in said phone call Obama was having another evolving moment of clarity on gay rights and that said phone call was comparable in historical importance to the call another president made during the moon landing. If not let's just go with that because that's right where everyone went to anyways. My opinion? It wasn't as important. My second opinion? If it's popular then why not. The POTUS is in his forties, maybe 50 years old by now and only a short time ago before, during and after the bleeding hearts voted him in he stood against bleeding heart principles of marriage equality. Men of that age are fully matured and set in their ways and seldom change their minds on such issues unless a directly personal circumstance between themselves or someone close to them has occurred. In short the phone call and everything he has to say about the issue today is mere pandering and political persuasion. Shorter? F-A-K-E.
Lastly, the entire world watched as American men flew to the moon. The gay marriage issue pales in comparison to such grandiosity.

Edited by F3SS, 02 July 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#55    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

F3ss you have it right.  Obamas personal circumstance was he wanted those votes.  Now he is stuck with it until his time is up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users