Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Your biggest regret?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,639 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

This thread is simple i was just curouis what everyones biggest regret in life is. just to get a better veiw of life and people and junk.
If its to personal to post i understand.no big deal. you can pm if you really want.

As always all comments welcome :tu:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#2    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

my biggest regret is leaving my homeland for America. My three children are thousands of miles away living their own lives with no involvement from their dad .I love and miss them so much it hurts. BIG regret, but loads more through my life. No  one is perfect.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

I have a few. One time,driving to Philadelphia (abt 2 hrs) ,a friend and I reviewed our lives. Including people we dated,and job choices ,and both of us would have changed 90% of everything we had done .
Sad actually ,but most people don't get the big fairy tale .

I mostly regret going into medicine for people . I wish I had become a vet or a marine biologist .
Big time . I also regret not moving to Japan in the 1990s ,and settling there when I was younger  .

Miss me?

#4    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

I regret not going AWAY to college.  certain relationships kept me in myhometown and i feel i missed outeenager and never got to make things right  great experiences.  

Biggest regret was not having closure with my grandmother before she passed.  I was a clueless selfish difficult teen and I wish I had mended our relationship before it was too late

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,639 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

thanks for the shares :tu:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

My biggest regret is not giving my ex girlfriend another chance, she was perfect for me but at the time I didn't see that and now she's gone

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#7    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

My only regret is when I couldn't be there when my mother died at the same time through this experience I have changed to a better person. so learning to accept the consequence helps in building a solid understanding in why nature takes you to where you are now, so there are always reason to happen in such ways. There for there is almost no regret in my life, because regret is the seed to unhappy life.

Edited by Mindscanner, 28 June 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#8    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

Letting a lack of confidence influence my choices my entire life. It has had a major negative impact on multiple decisions and still does.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,267 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

View Postdannyboy52, on 28 June 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

my biggest regret is leaving my homeland for America. My three children are thousands of miles away living their own lives with no involvement from their dad .I love and miss them so much it hurts. BIG regret, but loads more through my life. No  one is perfect.
Yea -- before you up and leave your fatherland be sure, very sure.  Adopting to a different culture is extremely hard, and the States is probably one of the hardest.  I don't think anyone over about 40 should even think about it.

There is an arbitrage advantage for young men and women to work in the States for a few years, living very cheaply (sharing an apartment with several copats) and saving money, since nominally salaries are much higher in the States.  Then come back, get married and start a business.  This once was a common thing, but now the States has gotten paranoid and the population doomsayers have inserted their stupidity and nativist selfishness and racism has taken over and getting such visas is near impossible.  As a result of course the States now has a large underclass of illegals -- just people trying to improve their lives with work -- but making them illegal has made them vulnerable and caused some to turn to more serious criminality.

#10    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,298 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

My biggest regret is not taking more chances. I often chose the "safe" route. Now that I'm older it's not so much an issue.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,267 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

My biggest regret is almost certainly my failure to control my weight by indulging in fatty foods, beer, and soft drinks to excess -- combined with sedentary living.  Now I am stuck with a failing liver, high blood pressure, diabetes, mild heart failure, and faulty valves.  This is enough to pretty much keep me housebound (hence so much activity on this board, which is pleasant enough but perhaps a little pointless).

-- Don't drink.  They say a little alcohol is good for you -- well it is also bad for you, and there are other ways to get what little benefit it provides.

-- Get your hepatitis innoculations.  When I had hepatitis (I've had both A and B -- common in Vietnam), these of course were not available.

-- Don't drink soft drinks and other forms of liquified sugar.  Just horrible for your liver and your heart.

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 28 June 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

My biggest regret is almost certainly my failure to control my weight by indulging in fatty foods, beer, and soft drinks to excess -- combined with sedentary living.  Now I am stuck with a failing liver, high blood pressure, diabetes, mild heart failure, and faulty valves.  This is enough to pretty much keep me housebound (hence so much activity on this board, which is pleasant enough but perhaps a little pointless).

-- Don't drink.  They say a little alcohol is good for you -- well it is also bad for you, and there are other ways to get what little benefit it provides.

-- Get your hepatitis innoculations.  When I had hepatitis (I've had both A and B -- common in Vietnam), these of course were not available.

-- Don't drink soft drinks and other forms of liquified sugar.  Just horrible for your liver and your heart.

The Vietnamese dont do a lot of fatty foods or sugars . Where do you find the stuff ?
. When people I know go there,they lose weight , As they also use next to no wheat .

What are you eating ?

Why dont you go to an herbalist ?
If youre practically housebound ,and just waiting for nothing ,at least try to do something for your liver . Detox it ? They do acupuncture and herbs there .You should look into it ,because if western meds are what your embracing there ,it doesnt seem to ne helping you

Miss me?

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,267 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Rice and noodles and other carbs are just as bad as wheat, and don't say we don't eat wheat -- bread is everywhere.

I think the biggest offender in my case are the American colas and beer and a think called "cintos" that we have here (crushed ice, fresh fruit, sugar, more sugar, condensed milk in a blender).

My blood pressure and blood sugar are under reasonable control, and there is little to be done about my liver.  I did a black chockolate detox awhile back (not pleasant but it seems to have helped as my enzymes went to normal).   The real offender here was too much beer and hepatitis back before there were treatments.

The valves in my heart don't close properly and there is little to be done about that except to replace them, which will probably be done in awhile.  This is why I can't walk about much.

I don't know what acupuncture could do for me.  However I have no particular worship of Western medicine, considering the profit orientation of the drug companies, but generally don't trust Chinese herbs either, except for my tea and allergy relief.

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,679 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

My "reget" is going to college for something totally useless.

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostRyu, on 28 June 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

My "reget" is going to college for something totally useless.
What did you go for? If you don't mind me asking

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users