Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Strange object found on mars

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 03 July 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Finding it is one thing.... showing it to the world is a very different thing. Can you imagine the gold rush type space race that would be suddenly created between the space faring countries?
It suits the US national interest just to study these things out of camera range. In other words a "black Project", which is funded without our knowledge, and just continue on telling us they are only interested in drilling rocks.
Great how curiosity can be in two places at once. Or they could just use the extra rover they didn't tell us about that's been trailing it the whole time... the one dressed in black and wearing a pair of ray-bans. :rofl:

#62    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostAd hoc, on 03 July 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

Great how curiosity can be in two places at once. Or they could just use the extra rover they didn't tell us about that's been trailing it the whole time... the one dressed in black and wearing a pair of ray-bans. :rofl:
Wake up

#63    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

No identification yet, I take it?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#64    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,907 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Finding it is one thing.... showing it to the world is a very different thing. Can you imagine the gold rush type space race that would be suddenly created between the space faring countries?
It suits the US national interest just to study these things out of camera range. In other words a "black Project", which is funded without our knowledge, and just continue on telling us they are only interested in drilling rocks.
Evidence of a "black project" exploring Mars?

Or do you have nothing other than speculation?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#65    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 04 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Where do these people these silly ideas from, I wonder? Is it ignorance?.... Wíshful thinking?

Whatever happened to logic and reason?

Sometimes I dont understand people very well.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#66    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostDBunker, on 04 July 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Where do these people these silly ideas from, I wonder? Is it ignorance?.... Wíshful thinking?

Whatever happened to logic and reason?

Sometimes I dont understand people very well.

IMO a combination of the sometimes crushing boredom of modern life, anxiety at its uncertainties, and resentment for the power structures that preserve this state of affairs - heightened by transferring the responsibilty of ones own failings onto an external source.
And in the end, a desire to assign meaning to it all, in terms of good and evil.
I think we all have those feelings inside of us to some extent. How they factor into our paradigms differs though.
The conspiracy paranoiac takes aspects of reality that do exist and caricatures them out of all proportion. Then assumes an air of moral superiority and martyrdom, to bolster their position against opposing views that tend to have more logical structural integrity.

I'm up for considering specific conspiratorial plots when there is evidence- but the knee-jerk generalized response to everything of "It's a lie! it's all part of the big plot" Is a waste of time.

I suppose it's half the fun at times though :P

Edited by Ad hoc, 04 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#67    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,807 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 04 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Richard Hoagland.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#68    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,144 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 04 July 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Richard Hoagland.

Good ole' RCH.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#69    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Ha, If everything was a lie wouldn't that make nothing a lie

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#70    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,311 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Except for the fact that Curiosity is a multi-national project.  There are scientists all over the world working on it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#71    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,907 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 04 July 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Richard Hoagland.
Richard Hoagland, the Kent Hovind of astronomy.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users